Sign in to follow this  
EPerez

21" Warden any good for daily on music??

I just sold my hdc3 15 and Im wanting to upgrade to either a zcon 18 or warden 21.I would be buying the zcon brand new or the warden used for around the same price. I just dont know if a warden sounds good on music. This is going in a 03 trailblazer. I have a crescendon bc2000 for now to use. If i get the warden then ill have to run it at .5 ohms because its a D1. Im going to buy a xs d3100 to add to my deka 9a31 if i go that route so my electrical will be good. So I just need to know if the warden will be good for daily?

If you need more info please ask. Thanks!

I've never used a warden so I don't have any input on how it sounds, but don't let the size of the cone deter your opinion in regards to sq.

Personally I wouldn't run any amp at 0.5, others will argue they've done it, and had no issues, but it creates a lot more heat, and I believe induces more distortion.

Yes it'll sound fine and will make you blink every time it hits lol. That beast is a monster. The death penalty gets stupid loud, I can't imagine a warden. You will not be dissapointed

I know that about cone area. I'm asking because in most set ups I see, theyre use for comps. Im not competing so i didnt know how good itll be on music. I dont go below 14v as it is right now with one deka 9a31.

I've never used a warden so I don't have any input on how it sounds, but don't let the size of the cone deter your opinion in regards to sq.

Personally I wouldn't run any amp at 0.5, others will argue they've done it, and had no issues, but it creates a lot more heat, and I believe induces more distortion.

If you got the electrical it'll be fine, you can buy a 2 yr .5 ohm warranty from crescendo so I don't think it would hurt it.

Yes it'll sound fine and will make you blink every time it hits lol. That beast is a monster. The death penalty gets stupid loud, I can't imagine a warden. You will not be dissapointed

[/quote

thats what i want haha. I think im going to go with the Warden then!

I know that about cone area. I'm asking because in most set ups I see, theyre use for comps. Im not competing so i didnt know how good itll be on music. I dont go below 14v as it is right now with one deka 9a31.

Current draw will increase dramatically when switching from 1 to 0.5, just something to keep in mind.

Current draw will increase dramatically when switching from 1 to 0.5, just something to keep in mind.

That's why I plan to buy another battery to help keep the voltage up.

If you got the electrical it'll be fine, you can buy a 2 yr .5 ohm warranty from crescendo so I don't think it would hurt it.

As of the BC line, Crescendo doesn't warrant below 1ohm.

As of the BC line, Crescendo doesn't warrant below 1ohm.

I thought you could buy a warranty?

realy? i do not know anything about buying a warranty through them..

If you can, they better not charge anything if it needs service.

how much is the warranty?

I forgot. :( but I would have done it if I didn't only have 340$ when I bought it

get the warden ;)

I decided to go with the warden!

nice !!!! don't forget to post a build log with lots of photos...

how much is the warranty?

$75 for the 2k and up from there.

yes build log with photos is a must !!!

i was gonna go with 2 21" wardens but decided on 4 15" BTL N2s :wub:

Edited by 14K

I'll do a build log once I get the sub! I saw your thread, 14k, about your 4 15s. That's gonna be loud ;)