ssh

My thoughts of Second Skin Audio as a company

As some of you know, Second Skin Audio had a contest a few months back for "team members."

I placed second or something on the ssa forum, and was told I would receive a one time 50% off discount. No where listed was an expiration date.

Two months later I needed sound deadener. I sent Ken (owner) an email and asked if they will still honor the discount, he said unfortunately it expired after 30 days, but we would be happy to give you a 25% off discount.

I locally purchased the product, installed it, and a few days later glanced over my invoice, I received no discount. :lol:

-----------------------

A few days later, I posted some slandered statements about Second Skin here in this topic. Which was a mistake on my part, a big mistake.

Ken replied to this thread here:

explaining the original discount did have an expiration date, but that it was sent an email. I believe it was sent to all the winners, but not necessarily everyone who received a discount, as I received no email. :ughdunno:

So I no reason to be perturbed by that anymore.

Ken simply did not know / remember who I was at the time of purchase, and forget to discount the product. He has issued a discount, AFTER I slandered his company.

Lessons learned: don't make assumptions, as I made myself into a big asshole, Ken is a really nice guy, and I would definitely use SS again, mind you if they would even deal with me again. :lol:

Thank you Second Skin, thank you Ken.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions too hastily and running my mouth.

Edited by stefanhinote

Huh.. Sorry to hear that. Never really did like them. :peepwall:

Did you ask them about it? After you saw they didn't give you a discount?

Did you ask them about it? After you saw they didn't give you a discount?

I didn't notice until a few days later, already installed the product, and they state no refunds on what I bought.

I'm not going to bother with trying to get a discount after the fact, it's pretty clear to me that after they said the original discount expired after 30 days (which was not stated anywhere) that their business practices leave something to be desired.

I'm posting this for public view, nothing else.

While i agree they didnt "have" to discount anything for you for free, dont seem like they wer trying to be "shady". it seems to me like they are a newer company and perhaps one guy didnt email the other guy. know what i mean? lets just hope they learn from loosing 1 customer and do something to prevent this from happening in the future so they dont lose other customers. i would probably give them a shot once i have a car worth putting the money into for deadining. just my 2 cents.

While i agree they didnt "have" to discount anything for you for free, dont seem like they wer trying to be "shady". it seems to me like they are a newer company and perhaps one guy didnt email the other guy. know what i mean? lets just hope they learn from loosing 1 customer and do something to prevent this from happening in the future so they dont lose other customers. i would prolly give them a shot once i have a car worth putting the money into for deadining. just my 2 cents.

The original owner of Second Skin was Anthony Collova(sp?), and a year or so ago, he sold it to Ken. The Second Skin warehouse is ran by a handful of people. They have dealers throughout the United States, and various other countries.

The Second Skin Rep (dealer) was in charge of making all the posts regarding the contest on the forums. Initially I asked him about using the discount after 30 days, since he was making all the posts for it, he told me it was best to talk to Ken about it. Which makes perfect sense.

Ken personally answered my email. I personally purchased the product from Ken, there was no "place" for confusion.

Sad to hear, perhaps there was just an over sight on their part, I am sure they will make this right, especially for a local customer.

Thank you for sharing

Thank you for sharing

I always think your 14k with that display picture. :lol:

Thank you for sharing

I always think your 14k with that display picture.

:lol:

I had mine first

damn, you should have emailed jon to work with you on that.. as he was the one who was dealing with the discounts on the honorary team members,

i understand your frustrations, especially when they often have 20% 30% and even 50% off discounts for every event on the calender it seems.

sorry brother.

While i agree they didnt "have" to discount anything for you for free, dont seem like they wer trying to be "shady". it seems to me like they are a newer company and perhaps one guy didnt email the other guy. know what i mean? lets just hope they learn from loosing 1 customer and do something to prevent this from happening in the future so they dont lose other customers. i would probably give them a shot once i have a car worth putting the money into for deadining. just my 2 cents.

The original owner of Second Skin was Anthony Collova(sp?), and a year or so ago, he sold it to Ken. The Second Skin warehouse is ran by a handful of people. They have dealers throughout the United States, and various other countries.

The Second Skin Rep (dealer) was in charge of making all the posts regarding the contest on the forums. Initially I asked him about using the discount after 30 days, since he was making all the posts for it, he told me it was best to talk to Ken about it. Which makes perfect sense.

Ken personally answered my email. I personally purchased the product from Ken, there was no "place" for confusion.

so when purchasing the product you stated "hi ken my name is _______ im one of the guys you sponsored and we were e-mailing about a 25% discount" or something along those lines? or is he just supposed to remember you off the bat? maybe youve met him before?

While i agree they didnt "have" to discount anything for you for free, dont seem like they wer trying to be "shady". it seems to me like they are a newer company and perhaps one guy didnt email the other guy. know what i mean? lets just hope they learn from loosing 1 customer and do something to prevent this from happening in the future so they dont lose other customers. i would prolly give them a shot once i have a car worth putting the money into for deadining. just my 2 cents.

so when purchasing the product you stated "hi ken my name is _______ im one of the guys you sponsored and we were e-mailing about a 25% discount" or something along those lines? or is he just supposed to remember you off the bat? maybe youve met him before?

*sighs*

Hey Ken,

You guys had a voting contest on the SSA forum a few months back, I came in second, and the Rep John dealing with everything said I could do one order and receive 50% off. I wanted to know if this offer still stands?

I'm out in Vail, so perhaps I could stop by at the warehouse at your convenience? If so, do you accept visa at the shop, or should I bring cash?

Thanks,

Stefan Hinote

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your interest in Second Skin!

The 50 % off discount was only valid for 1 month so it has expired. However we can give you 25% off for being a team Second Skin winner. We can process visa cards for will call although cash is nice.

I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

Feel free to call me with any questions:

I will be happy to set aside some time to discuss your project further.

Max & Ken

I went to the shop the following day.

damn, you should have emailed jon to work with you on that.. as he was the one who was dealing with the discounts on the honorary team members,

i understand your frustrations, especially when they often have 20% 30% and even 50% off discounts for every event on the calender it seems.

sorry brother.

I did, Jon said it was best to deal with Ken since he's the owner and I wanted to pick it up locally.

In case there is any confusion, I am not looking for any sort of resolution, I'm simply sharing my experience to the public.

*sighs*

Hey Ken,

You guys had a voting contest on the SSA forum a few months back, I came in second, and the Rep John dealing with everything said I could do one order and receive 50% off. I wanted to know if this offer still stands?

I'm out in Vail, so perhaps I could stop by at the warehouse at your convenience? If so, do you accept visa at the shop, or should I bring cash?

Thanks,

Stefan Hinote

Hello Stefan,

The 50 % off discount was only valid for 1 month so it has expired. However we can give you 25% off for being a team Second Skin winner. We can process visa cards for will call although cash is nice.

Max & Ken

so i dont see a follow up e-mail stating hey im showing up tomorrow i look like such and such... you cant expect him to give that discount to everyone who shows up "tomorrow" especially if you didnt even state thats when u were going.

*sighs*

Hey Ken,

Thanks,

Stefan Hinote

Hello Stefan,

Max & Ken

so i dont see a follow up e-mail stating hey im showing up tomorrow i look like such and such... you cant expect him to give that discount to everyone who shows up "tomorrow" especially if you didnt even state thats when u were going.

Seriously? :ughdunno:

well there goes any excuse i could think up. sorry to hear about it, but thx for letting us know ill keep that in mind when i get my new ride.

*sighs*

Hey Ken,

Thanks,

Stefan Hinote

Hello Stefan,

Max & Ken

I'm getting extremely tired of you. You take me as a fool.

The last email from me was:

Sounds good, what day and time works well for you? If possible afternoons work best for me.

Their response:

Any day except Mondays. The PM is fine we are here until 4

Ken

The next day I met with them. I introduced myself.

I'm sorry I didn't record the event for you, perhaps I needed to make a custom t-shirt stating: "My name is Stefan Hinote. I'm here for the discount."

I'd buy that shirt

X2 :roflmao:

On a serious note, thanks for sharing your experience.

I'd buy that shirt

If you could fit in my medium. :D

I'd buy that shirt

x2.

Thanks for posting Stefan. Sorry about your luck