ssh

My thoughts of Second Skin Audio as a company

oh you know what... the 50% was only valid for 1 month after the contest ending.. i dont think it was listen on the fourm but it was in the emails that were sent out notifying winners.... i remember now because i was thrown back.. thinking "shit i just won this thing now i have a month to get money up for 1 big order"

sorry man.

on a lighter note... what items l did you pick up?

oh you know what... the 50% was only valid for 1 month after the contest ending.. i dont think it was listen on the fourm but it was in the emails that were sent out notifying winners.... i remember now because i was thrown back.. thinking "shit i just won this thing now i have a month to get money up for 1 big order"

sorry man.

on a lighter note... what items l did you pick up?

I never received an email, but it would have been nice if it would have been posted to begin with to avoid any possible confusion such as this...

I bought some b-stock damp pro, and closed cell foam for the front doors. Had some extra mlv from the last project.

While i agree they didnt "have" to discount anything for you for free, dont seem like they wer trying to be "shady". it seems to me like they are a newer company and perhaps one guy didnt email the other guy. know what i mean? lets just hope they learn from loosing 1 customer and do something to prevent this from happening in the future so they dont lose other customers. i would probably give them a shot once i have a car worth putting the money into for deadining. just my 2 cents.

The original owner of Second Skin was Anthony Collova(sp?), and a year or so ago, he sold it to Ken. The Second Skin warehouse is ran by a handful of people. They have dealers throughout the United States, and various other countries.

The Second Skin Rep (dealer) was in charge of making all the posts regarding the contest on the forums. Initially I asked him about using the discount after 30 days, since he was making all the posts for it, he told me it was best to talk to Ken about it. Which makes perfect sense.

Ken personally answered my email. I personally purchased the product from Ken, there was no "place" for confusion.

so when purchasing the product you stated "hi ken my name is _______ im one of the guys you sponsored and we were e-mailing about a 25% discount" or something along those lines? or is he just supposed to remember you off the bat? maybe youve met him before?

*sighs*

Hey Ken,

You guys had a voting contest on the SSA forum a few months back, I came in second, and the Rep John dealing with everything said I could do one order and receive 50% off. I wanted to know if this offer still stands?

I'm out in Vail, so perhaps I could stop by at the warehouse at your convenience? If so, do you accept visa at the shop, or should I bring cash?

Thanks,

Stefan Hinote

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your interest in Second Skin!

The 50 % off discount was only valid for 1 month so it has expired. However we can give you 25% off for being a team Second Skin winner. We can process visa cards for will call although cash is nice.

I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

Feel free to call me with any questions:

I will be happy to set aside some time to discuss your project further.

Max & Ken

I went to the shop the following day.

so i dont see a follow up e-mail stating hey im showing up tomorrow i look like such and such... you cant expect him to give that discount to everyone who shows up "tomorrow" especially if you didnt even state thats when u were going.

I'm getting extremely tired of you. You take me as a fool.

The last email from me was:

Sounds good, what day and time works well for you? If possible afternoons work best for me.

Their response:

Any day except Mondays. The PM is fine we are here until 4

Ken

The next day I met with them. I introduced myself.

I'm sorry I didn't record the event for you, perhaps I needed to make a custom t-shirt stating: "My name is Stefan Hinote. I'm here for the discount."

im not taking you for a fool but to make a valid decision on the whole deal you need to give more specifics. people mess up and shit happens... some people need to understand that (not you specifically thou) so reality is with just reading the OP it could have been your or him whos at fault, no way to tell without more details. but at the end of the day thou i look at it as second skin is giving you something for pretty much nothing. you promote their name for the discount but hey a discount is better then nothing and reading the specifics of the actual team requirements most would agree they would end up doing that anyway so your really not losing anything by being on it.

so ya after getting the whole story assuming its all true ya ken should have given you the discount but wheres the personal responsibility as well... the funniest true thing ive ever herd was a comedian talking about pregnant teenage girls. he said "im sure its unimaginably hard to have a child at a young age but at the end of the day they laid down and took a hot one so..." i get your plight and frustration but how hard would it have been to call him and say hey whats the deal?

Stefan,

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the discount you were promised and we really wish you would have contacted us so we could have corrected the situation.

The 50% discount in question was for honorary members of Team Second Skin. This was back in October when we offered the discount and the expiration date was 1 month and was posted in the email that was sent out. I did offer you the 25% discount for being a team member. As you can imagine, I deal with many people on a daily basis and did not recall our previous email conversation when you came by.

If I remember correctly, we had a nice conversation about your goals and we showed you the great deal we had on the 30 sq ft packs of B-Stock Damp Pro. You said 30 sq ft was too much, so we broke open a box and let you get what you need. This is something that we never do because it leaves us with a partial box, but hey, we wanted to get you setup right and at a great price. I then got busy on the phone and Max completed the sale. If you would have reminded either Max or myself about the discount, we would have had no problem giving it to you.

With that said, credit for $22.73 has been issued to your credit card which is 25% of your purchase.

Ken

With that said, credit for $22.73 has been issued to your credit card which is 25% of your purchase.

LOOK!!!! Now you can afford to buy that T-shirt!!!!

wow they refunded you the money anyway after you completely trashed their name?.... all i can say is ken your a bigger man then me.

wow they refunded you the money anyway after you completely trashed their name?

He gave his opinion based upon his interactions.

They did what they should have done and I'm glad they've done it :)

Good business practice. The way it should be.

true true and true but... im going to withhold that statement until i hear word from the op. no reason to be a dick unless its warranted. so lets see if its warranted first

And who knows, maybe they knew exactly who he was and just didn't want to give him the discount and since they are getting bad press, they are now giving him what he originally wanted :shrug:

Doubt it, just saying that no one really knows.

In my book, they did it right by fixing it :fing34:

I get SDS. discount need not apply. :-!

And who knows, maybe they knew exactly who he was and just didn't want to give him the discount and since they are getting bad press, they are now giving him what he originally wanted :shrug:

Doubt it, just saying that no one really knows.

In my book, they did it right by fixing it :fing34:

right they did do right by fixing it as i honestly expected even before replying... but from kens response and i see no reason for him to lie he helped out the op down to the end where he as a business owner had to handle something else and his son took over from there. So really with 2 people involved the op should have before he even took out his wallet verified max knew what was going on. that's common sense. the whole its kens fault they ripped me off on purpose is bunk right there. ken didn't run the card he probably wasn't in the room either so what do you expect? I'm sorry but the op is a retard... lets recap just in case there's any confusion

second skin gave you a discount code which you failed to use in time then complain because that's not your fault because they failed to tell you at first. second skin gave you a second discount code because they understood and why not go out of their way? second skin also allowed you to pick up the product at the warehouse to save on shipping. the owner of second skin then met up with you had a personalized consult basically to ensure your getting on the right track. they also broke open a box of product to get you what you needed vs having to buy the whole thing.

in response the op breached the contract to promote the company on day 2 right out of the gate and still they gave you your discount anyway???

very nice, now that sounds more like the team im on :D

So instead of sending a simple email. Pointing out the mistake that was made and giving the seller a chance to correct it.

This thread/rant was made? Even after the seller went out of their way to get the OP set up? :lame:

Stefan,

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the discount you were promised and we really wish you would have contacted us so we could have corrected the situation.

The 50% discount in question was for honorary members of Team Second Skin. This was back in October when we offered the discount and the expiration date was 1 month and was posted in the email that was sent out. I did offer you the 25% discount for being a team member. As you can imagine, I deal with many people on a daily basis and did not recall our previous email conversation when you came by.

If I remember correctly, we had a nice conversation about your goals and we showed you the great deal we had on the 30 sq ft packs of B-Stock Damp Pro. You said 30 sq ft was too much, so we broke open a box and let you get what you need. This is something that we never do because it leaves us with a partial box, but hey, we wanted to get you setup right and at a great price. I then got busy on the phone and Max completed the sale. If you would have reminded either Max or myself about the discount, we would have had no problem giving it to you.

Ken

I will admit normally I would have emailed you guys about the issue, instead of going directly to the forum, but I felt like it wasn't an accident, perhaps because the original discount was changed and I never saw anything posted about it anywhere. Like some excuse. Big Jon said it was sent in an email, an email I never received, so that explains that. I also thought it was clear who I was.

I want to apologize for my slandered statement, and will fix the original post.

To the top, with a post change!

Stefan, thank you for amending your post. It wasn't necessary but we appreciate it. :thanx:

We rely on a lot of word of mouth and repeat customers in this business so when a complaint or an issue like this arises we try our best to rectify the situation to make sure you, our customer, are happy and taken care of. The last thing we want is someone walking away unpleased with their experience.

So again we apologize for the mistake and hope that this does not discourage you from coming back.

Stefan, thank you for amending your post. It wasn't necessary but we appreciate it. :thanx:

We rely on a lot of word of mouth and repeat customers in this business so when a complaint or an issue like this arises we try our best to rectify the situation to make sure you, our customer, are happy and taken care of. The last thing we want is someone walking away unpleased with their experience.

So again we apologize for the mistake and hope that this does not discourage you from coming back.

Oh it was necessary on my part. Once again, thank you.

Glad to see this was resolved. I might have to head down there to see you guys. Maybe I can grab the rest of Stefan's box haha.

now thats a upstanding seller glad to see it worked out for all partys involved :drink40: