redncfootball

broken fi bl i need HELP!

i was driving down the road when my fi bl 12 cut out and never came back on. i went home and troubleshooted everything until i had everything tore apart at 5am only to find one of the leads on the subwoofer broke. :WTFBubble: i have no idea how this could have happened. i have it pared to a kicker zx 1000.1 amp running at 2 ohms. anyone know why/ how this could have happened and how i can get it replaced by nick or anyone else at fi??

photo_3.jpg

Looks like a classic unloading problem

What are the specs on your box (volume, tuning)?

I agree. Also what music were you playing?

i could repair it..

also looks like alot of heat aswell.. your gains and bass boost up pretty high?

I made the enclosure on fis website tuned to around 33hz and my bass boost and gain were not up high at all. Will this be covered under warranty??

Will this be covered under warranty??

nope

where is your sub sonic filter set at?

I doubt it as Fi warranty only covers manufacture defects. As you stated, it was working then it stopped playing. It sounds like user error to me. The amp i believe has an optional subsonic filter on/off off obviously has no filter while on it is only 25hz. Was your subsonic filter switch set to on? What does your electrical consist of?

Lack of a subsonic filter is your problem...and bass boost is your issue.

You need harrison sound labs f-mods or an adjustable subsonic filter.

Watch..learn.

The kicker amps dont have a sonic filter option

Oh well the kicker site says it does. And the kicker zx1000.1 on sonicelectronix said it does. Sorry

I understand all of this this is not my first subwoofer my subsonic filter was off and my bass boost was down. Like i said its a kicker zx 1000.1 watt amp i was not doing anything crazy with this woofer. It was underpowered and i was only running 4 guage power wire

I understand all of this this is not my first subwoofer my subsonic filter was off and my bass boost was down. Like i said its a kicker zx 1000.1 watt amp i was not doing anything crazy with this woofer. It was underpowered and i was only running 4 guage power wire

Well there is probably your problem. With your subsonic filter off you probably played a song that played below your box tuning and it ripped your tinsels. Do you see any damage on the spider?

No it dont look like any damage on the spider the sub is still solid its not bloan

my subsonic filter was off

BAM you unloaded the sub,.

Edited by bigjon

from the looks of this pic.. if your handy with an iron you can fix it.... worst case you will need a recone,

but.....

2 things,

1 being even if you do fix it, your looking at breaking it again .. see on the lead where its darker.. thats normally sign of heat, and over powering.

IF YOU DONT FIX YOUR OVER ALL PROBLEM YOU WILL DESTROY ANOTHER SUB re coned or brand new...there lays a problem in your install... seek it and fix it.. or another sad song is bound to repeat

from the looks of this pic.. if your handy with an iron you can fix it.... worst case you will need a recone,

but.....

2 things,

1 being even if you do fix it, your looking at breaking it again .. see on the lead where its darker.. thats normally sign of heat, and over powering.

IF YOU DONT FIX YOUR OVER ALL PROBLEM YOU WILL DESTROY ANOTHER SUB re coned or brand new...there lays a problem in your install... seek it and fix it.. or another sad song is bound to repeat

Exactly. Fix the source of the problem.

Thanks for all the help everyone! Im just sooooo upset and unsatisfied with this woofer! It is supposed to handle 1500 Watts and it burnt up at 1000. If it were my fault, so be it ill replace it on my own buck but when something breaks that you just paid almost 400$ for and its not your fault, i get mad. I thought fi were better then this

You made it fail mechanically, its thermal power handling rating means absolutely nothing, if you overdrive the woofer mechanically.

Thanks for all the help everyone! Im just sooooo upset and unsatisfied with this woofer! It is supposed to handle 1500 Watts and it burnt up at 1000. If it were my fault, so be it ill replace it on my own buck but when something breaks that you just paid almost 400$ for and its not your fault, i get mad. I thought fi were better then this

lmao it is ur fault, it unloaded and ripped the tinsel lead off

Playing under tuning frequency without a ssf = blown woofer, simple.

Did you not read the other posts?

Edited by trod2902