redncfootball

broken fi bl i need HELP!

Lol ya man u can tell me its my fault over a computer screen but if u actually came and saw my setup you would see thats a lie. Lmao

Lol ya man u can tell me its my fault over a computer screen but if u actually came and saw my setup you would see thats a lie. Lmao

23976417637620-17124506.jpg

The weiner mobile clearly wanted to commit suicide right?

Or was it the loose nut behind the wheel that drove it into the house?

Speakers are stupid..they do precisely what you tell them to do, in the environment that you place them in. They are no different then a car. Car wrecks happen because of the human element behind the car that is controlling it...they are not suicidal.

:drink40:

next time makeshure your gains are set up properly on the amp. Ditch the kicker and get a amp with subsonic on it. End of story learn from your mistake.

Edited by Dictator

Someone already sad that it's your fault, because the tinsel leads are brownish and they don't snap by themselves.

I promise you it is your fault as hard is that is to accept. Speakers are stupid they do what they are told. If you tell it to jump off a bridge no questions asked it will. I've sent double the rms to my bl and x-cons when i had them for over a year with no issues.

I've overdriven every sub I own and don't have problems! It is user error, you just need to know when to back off the volume!

Thanks for all the help everyone! Im just sooooo upset and unsatisfied with this woofer! It is supposed to handle 1500 Watts and it burnt up at 1000. If it were my fault, so be it ill replace it on my own buck but when something breaks that you just paid almost 400$ for and its not your fault, i get mad. I thought fi were better then this

your out of line... and i dont need to see ur set up in person.... I ALREADY FOUND YOUR PROBLEM... you admited it your self!!!! your sub sonic is off.. that means that there is no cut off for the tuning, your amp is telling your sub to play notes YOUR BOX is not not set up for....

its as simple as that..

i personaly ran 1500 watts daily for 2 years on a Fi BL ........... then i sold them to some one else who played them for a year... then he sold them to some one else. ....

you wrecked your sub... if you had a brand new nissan .. and you drove it into a power pole.. would nissans warranty cover the repairs? no.

you drove this sub into a power line.

ditch the amp.. pick one up that has a sub sonic filter. and tune it correctly....

oh and one more thing.. your acting like a child.. there are causes and effects... LEARNING from the FAILS in life makes you a BETTER person IF you pay attention. ..... of you can ignore them and blame every one else and experience the same results you are now.

this is you right now ~~~>i-can-t-hear-you-thumb17447002.jpg

Edited by bigjon

Thanks for all the help everyone! Im just sooooo upset and unsatisfied with this woofer! It is supposed to handle 1500 Watts and it burnt up at 1000. If it were my fault, so be it ill replace it on my own buck but when something breaks that you just paid almost 400$ for and its not your fault, i get mad. I thought fi were better then this

your out of line... and i dont need to see ur set up in person.... I ALREADY FOUND YOUR PROBLEM... you admited it your self!!!! your sub sonic is off.. that means that there is no cut off for the tuning, your amp is telling your sub to play notes YOUR BOX is not not set up for....

its as simple as that..

i personaly ran 1500 watts daily for 2 years on a Fi BL ........... then i sold them to some one else who played them for a year... then he sold them to some one else. ....

you wrecked your sub... if you had a brand new nissan .. and you drove it into a power pole.. would nissans warranty cover the repairs? no.

you drove this sub into a power line.

ditch the amp.. pick one up that has a sub sonic filter. and tune it correctly....

oh and one more thing.. your acting like a child.. there are causes and effects... LEARNING from the FAILS in life makes you a BETTER person IF you pay attention. ..... of you can ignore them and blame every one else and experience the same results you are now.

this is you right now ~~~>i-can-t-hear-you-thumb17447002.jpg

LMAO, nailed it bigjon

And for the record the amp has a built in subsonic filter of 25hz if you go to the website it tells you so infact my filter was NOT OFF so blow that one out your a$$ !

And by the way i am over it i arleady picked up a pair of t2s so just end the bs on here and grow up

Dont come cry here when they blow from overexcursion.

Your filter was set to 25 hz, but box was tuned to 33 hz. The ssf needs to be set higher, your woofer reached its mechanical limits while you were probably listening to Put On, and poof tinsel lead snapped because you lost all compliance on the low note(26hz).

You want to set it around 3 hz below port tuning.

Edited by trod2902

BTW you act like we are just saying this to defend Fi... Grow the fuck up an open your ears.

OP, Do not change ANY settings on the amp. Install the T2s, and lets see how long they last. Does this sound fair to you?

Edited by stefanhinote

As a general note:

excursionbelowtuning.jpg

I modeled a Rockford Fosgate RFD2218 with 1watt. Units on the y-axis are um and mm. Enclosure tuned to 30hz.

As you can see, the excursion of the driver shoots through the roof below the enclosure tuning frequency.

oh i wanna be just like you when i grow up..

you should come on more often and share your unyielding wisdom of car audio with us.. wont you ?

You and your graphs :D

Visuals help people understand a concept, especially if it's something people try to shrug off.

Edited by stefanhinote

You and your graphs :D

Visuals help people understand a concept, especially if it's something people try to shrug off.

nu uh stock-photo-i-can-t-see-you-child-holding-hands-over-eyes-22554940.jpg

The fact is you came on here seeking help then in turn act like you now know what your talking about blows me away.