Sign in to follow this  
edouble101

Nikon D800 :)

Yep yep, here it is :)

Video recorded with the D800

"The Nikon D800 will be available in late March for the suggested retail price of $2999.95"

Yikes. LOL.

I was happy with my D50...but it was stolen, and i never replaced it. I love photography and did some work in the field, some fashion, car show coverage, night club photography. etc. I never saw the need to have video capabilities in a DSLR though. but thats just me. haha. it looks to be a very nice camera. Maybe one day i'll replace the trusty D50 and get back in the game.

Edited by suicidal

Half the price of the D4 lol

Could be a shitty camera, hopefully not. They crammed a high resolution full frame sensor into a small frame which could be detrimental to image quality. 36mp will eat up memory cards fast. I was expected better low light performance but the video looks phenomenal. We will see.

Nice camera. I hope to have the cash to grab a new DSLR late this year.

looks cool... video ins DSLR is just an add-on and not a means for judging .... Just not practical... All DSLRs have limitation on length of recording.... :WTFBubble:

looks cool... video ins DSLR is just an add-on and not a means for judging .... Just not practical... All DSLRs have limitation on length of recording.... :WTFBubble:

Thats only your opinion.

I can very easily video record a wedding and photograph with the same camera. Very practical, very useful.

I have worked a wedding where the hired proffesional videographer uses DSLR's strictly. She choose her DSLR purely based on it's video recording specifications :)

The D800 records video over 29 minutes ;)

Edited by edouble101

several tv shows are filmed in, or rather with DSLR.

It is a great platform for motion or stills. I have always been a canon man myself though. Nikon is just fine, I just got into cannon and now stick with it.

When I can fill up the whole 64GB or 32GB memory card without a "sensor warning", then I'll looking into doing MORE video... It is great for short clips though, but depending on the camera can be cumbersome. .. All I'm saying...

Very nice piece of equipment there. I've been wanting a nice camera since I was a kid, always been too cheap to pony up the dough for something even halfway decent as my other hobbies keep my funds :lockd: down.

The D800e is going to be interesting for sure. Know a few fellas that took out their low pass filter themselves.

The DSLR's can do amazing video, just takes more work than using a camcorder. Can't beat the video quality though, I just hate using manual focus in some situations, especially when making YT vids...I'm the camera man and the subject. Well, I should be honest, the gear is the subject, I'm just the annoying voice talking about the subjects...

I personally use the Canon EOS-7D, but the Nikon D800 looks SAWEET!!