Dangrebel

Help! Screws keep backing out!!

My screws keep backing out of my box and my sub starts slapping up against my box. Only 1 does it and not the other. What's my solution? I have to tighten them everyday! They are 2 18 hdc3's

If you just screwed them into the wood then i would use some CA-superglue in the hole to make the wood act as if it is a metal nut by soaking into the wood and should provide a bit of grip for the screws, Don't screw them in for a few minutes till the glue is set-up or they'll stick in there forever.

If you use t-nuts or something else that requires a bolt then use some loc-tite on them and let them sit a few hours before bumping again.

It's a single baffle but it's braced to hell and back if the super glue doesn't work then I'll double baffle for sure

It's a single baffle but it's braced to hell and back if the super glue doesn't work then I'll double baffle for sure

I love it.

Or if possible use one size bigger screw. I had the same problem and switched to a bigger one and it hasn't done it since, no matter how hard you play them

Thicker, longer screws

And stop using the same screw hole

I just re drilled and screwed before making this thread. Still did the same thing.

how long are the screw's? I would use 1 5/8" double threaded screws, Home Depot sells some really heavy duty screws I used for all of our bigger subs. Works great.

Thicker, longer screws

Why would a longer screw help? He dose not even have an inch of material thickness

I just re drilled and screwed before making this thread. Still did the same thing.

There's no need to drill pilot holes in the baffle, that's for the edges so they don't split.

i have had problems with breaking screws but never had them back out.. ever... . take your screw out.. and make sure its not broken.

There's no need to drill pilot holes in the baffle, that's for the edges so they don't split.

Predrill all. Often speaker cut-outs ares larger than needed and the mounting holes are close to the cut-out edge.

Ok here is how I started, I predrilled with a small bit and used 1 5/8 deck screws nickel plated. They dont pullout they just unscrew them selves.

i have had problems with breaking screws but never had them back out.. ever... . take your screw out.. and make sure its not broken.

Well the first time I discovered this was because all at once my sub started flopping and I look and a screw broke. So then I did as mentioned earlier.

Edited by Dangrebel

The nickle plating on those screws are actually helping them turn........nickle is VERY slick......try the next size larger in a COARSE thread drywall screws......or just use bolts with nylock nuts.......

Ok here is how I started, I predrilled with a small bit and used 1 5/8 deck screws nickel plated. They dont pullout they just unscrew them selves.

That's WHAT sheeeeeeeeeee said!

Use a coarse threaded screw like the one below...

oxsocket10x1.25.jpg

Ok so I used bigger drywall screws and it actually held up longer but then did the same so, t nuts it is?