Sign in to follow this  
mathewdylang

Firing upward vs back

I drive an Olds Bravada (basically a blazer) and I drive it daily, but its a weekend warrior for spl. I have an AA Havoc 15, I'm building the box to the SSA Icon enclosure specs, and running it off a MB Quart Discus 1500. Which would sound better/get louder, facing the sub and port up, or sub and port back? If I face the sub up I can actually use some of my cargo area.. but that isn't a big necessity. It is a four door if that matters.

I drive an Olds Bravada (basically a blazer) and I drive it daily, but its a weekend warrior for spl. I have an AA Havoc 15, I'm building the box to the SSA Icon enclosure specs, and running it off a MB Quart Discus 1500. Which would sound better/get louder, facing the sub and port up, or sub and port back? If I face the sub up I can actually use some of my cargo area.. but that isn't a big necessity. It is a four door if that matters.

different cars like different things, if its a round body i believe it does best with sup up port to the driver side for metering on the passenger side and vice versa for metering on the drivers side