RobertJasonRuiz

amp suggestion

was lookin at the hifonics3000d.1 also the brz2100.1 but not sure ??? my budget for amp is $300 give or take a few more... any help or suggestions will help me,going to order the subs this after noon...

How much power are you looking for?

forgot to metion there gonna be 2dvc,flatwind,and cooling option.. site says there rated 1000rms so maybe like 200-400 rms more... and the only electrical upgrade im going to do is big 3 and 1 x-tra battery and maybe new alt... but that will come later no hurry to install at this moment just getting everything first..!

Aq2200... Brz2400.1

What are the voice coils 1 or 2 ohm dvc?

is there anything wrong with the hifi 3000.1 its alil cheaper and has alil more rms .. would that be fine for these subs? iknow i said i wanted a few more rms but shit if its cheaper and alil more power why not..

I have a crescendo bc2k and I got it new for 339.00 from crescendo. I love it and like the aq2200 it has the clipping indicator on the bass knob so that's a plus!

there going to be 2 voice coil thoiught about getting 1 v-c but would there be a difference ?

The difference is you will have different wiring abilities.

1000 rms, are you buying the q's or bl's? Well get 2 D1s (1 ohm dvc) if you want to run them at 1 or 4 ohms or get 2 D2s (2 ohm dvc) if you want to run them at .5 or 2 ohms. I suggest getting 2 D1s and running at 1 ohm on amp.

so which is better to have? 1 or 2?

Are you getting 1ohm dvc or 2ohm dvc they both have two coils?

I have a crescendo bc2k and I got it new for 339.00 from crescendo. I love it and like the aq2200 it has the clipping indicator on the bass knob so that's a plus!

the clipping indicator is bullshit. no one should be relying on it.

OP, if you want to save some cash then buy used.

@ TBPEREZ im getting 2 of the ssd's 15" and ill just get the brz2400.1d and another one later ,one amp will do just fine for right now

the clipping indicator is bullshit. no one should be relying on it.

OP, if you want to save some cash then buy used.

How is it bullshit? Does it not read accurately? And I don't rely on just that.

@ TBPEREZ im getting 2 of the ssd's 15" and ill just get the brz2400.1d and another one later ,one amp will do just fine for right now

Um aren't the ssds 600 rms? I know they will take a little more power but a 2400 per ssd I don't think is too smart. Why not get 2 btls if you plan on doing that? Unless you have a budget but still a brz2400 would be good for the pair.

Um aren't the ssds 600 rms? I know they will take a little more power but a 2400 per ssd I don't think is too smart. Why not get 2 btls if you plan on doing that? Unless you have a budget but still a brz2400 would be good for the pair.

Nope 1000rms each. He also needs to get dual 1 ohm voice coils if you want to stay with one amp.

What is this going in?

Nope 1000rms each. He also needs to get dual 1 ohm voice coils if you want to stay with one amp.

What is this going in?

Oh I didn't know that but yea dual 1s for 1 amp.

What is this going in?

That will give you 1200rms each.They will be loud depending on the box and type of vehicle.

What is this going in?

That will give you 1200rms each.They will be loud depending on the box and type of vehicle.

Correct but the OP said he wanted to add another brz2400 and I don't think he needs that.

What is this going in?

Correct but the OP said he wanted to add another brz2400 and I don't think he needs that.

I agree with that. :eek5wavey:

Get two dual 1 ohm SSD's. As far as the amp, I too was thinking of the Hifonics 3000d.1 for my SP4 but after reading a lot of bad reviews on them I decided to go with a Soundstream RUB1.2500D. It puts out 2500 watts at 1 ohm and from the reviews I have read from people who own it, it seems to be a reliable amp and does rated power. You can get them for $329 plus free shipping at onlinecarstereo.com

there going in a 98 park avenue would like for it to be sealed off frm the trunk and ported.. not sure what i want to tune it to yet

That amp in the previous post would also be good for the ssd's.

there going in a 98 park avenue would like for it to be sealed off frm the trunk and ported.. not sure what i want to tune it to yet

31 to 35hz would be good.