stovebolt6

my daily driver

i never posted this when i first installed it all over a year ago. originally it was supposed too stay small, but that went out the window. so i will just post some of the older photos first just too give an idea of what it was. in the pics i show only one of many different sub stage setups. the original idea was the pdx 1200rms amp that put out rated from 2 to 4 ohms, so i could run at least one of every type of sub i have as i please.

this is my ride

IMG_0923.jpg

this was the equipment.

IMG_0936.jpg

this was the most common sub stage i used with the pdx amp, it is a passive setup, i would rotate from the sdx15 pictured, an eclipse 3hp ti, or a tc3000.

IMG_1010.jpg

and this below is were it stands as of now.

Well this build has gone through some changes, and i have not kept up with any of it. The last sub stage was two 15" eclipse 3hp ti's, tuned to 30hz on a saz-2000d, with a best score of 144.6db sealed up on the passenger side windshield, at 32hz, and 42hz. While staying above 140db's from 28hz to 63hz.

The head unit, pdx 4 channel amp, and a saz 2000d that were last in the vehicle are gone. they were stolen awhile back.

So now i am using this opportunity to upgrade.

The highs amp for now is a older ppi pc2150, HU for now is an old pioneer i have been hanging onto for years.

This weekend if i do not get called out on a job i have my work cut out for me.

I have a 320 amp mechman alt to install. finally i will do the big three upgrade. and i will add two more runs of 1 gauge, from front too back equaling two full positive runs, one full ground run, and one solid 1 gauge ground to chassis.

I have already started on the battery/amp rack. i currently have one hc2400, and will buy something close to equal to it, and something close too a hc1800 for under the hood.

The amp/battery rack will be clean, simple, and completely hide the batteries, and most of the wires.

I have fuse holders, fuses, ring terminals, and a second set of boston components for the rear doors, as the ppi when bridging the front doors with the rear doors, is causing the cheap coaxes in the rear too start smoking lol. thought about leaving them out, but really could use the extra output, until i end up getting fed up with them, and do something wild with the front doors.

IMG_1466.jpg

I will actually try to make a consciousness effort to update this with pics.

Edited by stovebolt6

Staying above 140 with lows like that on the winshield

Not bad man

One question..

Were you using a subwoofer as a passive radiator? Kinda confused as to when read the passive settup thing..

Not bad man

One question..

Were you using a subwoofer as a passive radiator? Kinda confused as to when read the passive settup thing..

+1

Not bad man

One question..

in that photo is two tc sounds passives, with one active sub. the sub pictured is a creative sound solutions subduction sdx 15. uses xbl^2.

and sometimes i would swap the sdx out for other 15's i had, but the two tc sounds variable mass passives would stay.

just to make sure everyone was on the same page with the passive setup on 1200rms my best score sealed on windshield was 140.1, at 30hz the passives were tuned at 26hz, would watch a lot of movies, so i kept it tuned low.

my other score was on a saz2000d with a normal ported box, using a 8" aero port, and the two eclipse ti's.

sorry for any confusion.

Nice ride.

thanks. are you going too sbn? its kind of a far drive for you.

if you are going i will be there, and should have the new power, and my 4hp based 15's i built back installed for the show.

Looking good

Well not gonna get any progress made this weekend. A Guy at work flaked, so now I am driving too Tampa, FL for a few days.

well made a little of progress, not as much as i prefer, but work has been a little busy.

this is my amp, and battery rack, the bottom board will hold all the batteries, and all thread standoffs will support the second level for the amps. the second level is not done, once o make all the holes and such i will carpet it also.

this will all fit in the recessed cargo area in the rear. the top board fits the contour tightly and the height from the cover for the recessed cargo hold is tight, so if heat it an issue i already have figured out how i will make a negative pressure cross flow, using an intake on one side. and a row of fans to create the suction.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg