lamchop_8

PSi Audio?

Sup SSA! I'm lookin at DC Lvl 4xl m2 18's (Fully Loaded) or Custom Built Psi Platform 3 18's. Space and power isn't a option. Will be running 3000-3300rms.I'm trying to get loud, good 150's, real low & hi bass, and a all day ground pounding system. Is Psi good and do they get LOUD!! and are built good with top notch parts? Do they hold any records or have vids? Im stuck between the 2 and I need a lil help. Sorry for long thread..

Thanks

Heres Site: http://psicaraudio.com/

Haha you will definitely get one sided reviews about psi here. I have never personally used them, but from some of the things I've heard I probably wouldn't use them. If I had to choose I'd go with DC. Is there any reason that those are your only two options?

Haha you will definitely get one sided reviews about psi here. I have never personally used them, but from some of the things I've heard I probably wouldn't use them. If I had to choose I'd go with DC. Is there any reason that those are your only two options?

Best in price range and what bad things did u hear?

I've heard of many occurrences where their soft parts have failed without being over powered. What is your budget for subwoofers?

Im a bit confused, I may be reading this wrong, but you say space and power isnt a option? But you have 3000 watts and want 3 18s, can you clearly state your goals, space limitations, electrical and budget, vehicle will help as well as experience. To help you better, we will need more information as equipment themselves arent going to make you loud and wont guarantee the goals your wanting.

I've heard of many occurrences where their soft parts have failed without being over powered. What is your budget for subwoofers?

Spider sagging within weeks.

Im a bit confused, I may be reading this wrong, but you say space and power isnt a option? But you have 3000 watts and want 3 18s, can you clearly state your goals, space limitations, electrical and budget, vehicle will help as well as experience. To help you better, we will need more information as equipment themselves arent going to make you loud and wont guarantee the goals your wanting.

Yeah I just figured he meant "issue"

2 18's the subs are named platform 3's & they will be getting that much power a piece. Goals, loud & low all day daily system, high db's. budget 400-600. electrical XS power,dc power,Cresendo 5500

a friend had a 21 inch incriminator DP reconed by psi, had coil rub in 2 weeks, didn't even have it full power because he was still trying to break it in.

a friend had a 21 inch incriminator DP reconed by psi, had coil rub in 2 weeks, didn't even have it full power because he was still trying to break it in.

my friend had a similar issue... his spiders sagged within a month.. same sub too

Edited by Julian

my friend had a similar issue... his spiders sagged within a month.. same sub too

Does anyone know how their own subs perform or if they used them?

The motor designs are fine, but the parts used are crap.

The motor designs are fine, but the parts used are crap.

That sucks. I wish I could get good built subs and have them customized from the ground up n all different colors!! :ughdunno:

Ive heard good things about their Platform line-up of subwoofers especially the Level 3's.

Ive heard good things about their Platform line-up of subwoofers especially the Level 3's.

What did u hear? If I go with them those are the ones I'm getting custom built. Cant find vids on youtube.

I'd choose SSA subwoofers over both :peepwall:

I'd choose SSA subwoofers over both :peepwall:

Figured that. Just want sum unbiased answers u kno

What did u hear? If I go with them those are the ones I'm getting custom built. Cant find vids on youtube.

Why do you want to find youtube videos? There is no correlation between the quality or performance of a driver and a Youtube video.

Ive heard 2 Platform 3 18s, in a crappy box off of a AP 3000d with bad voltage. They got very loud, but the box was so shitty it was really holding them back. Ive had PSI rebuild my BTL 18 (there local), and its held up and performed great.

Why do you want to find youtube videos? There is no correlation between the quality or performance of a driver and a Youtube video.

Duh. just want to see if any were metered and see what destruction they cause to cars.

Ive heard 2 Platform 3 18s, in a crappy box off of a AP 3000d with bad voltage. They got very loud, but the box was so shitty it was really holding them back. Ive had PSI rebuild my BTL 18 (there local), and its held up and performed great.

Thanks for info!! :fing34: I heard that if you send any sub to PSi it will come back better & louder than b4. Is that statement true in your case when you got your BTL rebuilt? What upgrades did you get from PSi?

Duh. just want to see if any were metered and see what destruction they cause to cars.

Figured as much. You know what ever setup you see, could swap drivers, and have virtually the same effect.

Thanks for info!! :fing34: I heard that if you send any sub to PSi it will come back better & louder than b4. Is that statement true in your case when you got your BTL rebuilt? What upgrades did you get from PSi?

I don't know if I would say that, but I know of quite a few people locally who use PSI and are very happy with there products. I can also say that when Ive dealt with them Dave has always given me great customer service.

But yes my BTL was louder to the ear after I got it rebuilt, but I got it rebuilt because I got it used, so that could be a factor.

These last several statements are too speculatory.

If you want loud, durable, well built, etc...

You can jump directly into the SSA Xcon or Zcon.

They both are high quality, strong subs.

You can also get some Fi SP4s..

DC's m2 line is great as well..

I do not touch PSI regardless of what i would want or need done...

You have Fi and Mach5 that can do recones for many different brands and many internet brands offer their own recones as well..

So, you should be in good hands with all of the above choices I mentioned.