edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

Definitely tuned in. Have any pics of the current front stage? My bad if I missed them.

Sure Rick. Nothing has changed with the front stage.....yet (other than tuning). The mids and tweets will be a-pillar mounted soon.

Oh cool I misread and thought that you already had them in the pillars. Either way it still looks great.

Thanks for checking in on my build fellas trink40.gif You both live close enough to get demos when it is done. I want to hit you guys up now but I know it isn't at is max potential without the subs installed.

I'll come twice.... I'm easy!

Ewe... TMI. Maybe I will only let you hear you over the phone lol

Lol... I meant nothing sexual. Hahaha

I had to make a funny of it lol

The IB install is sloooooooow going. Only thing I have done is a cover that takes the place of the factory arm rest. I plan on running this with the back seats up at all times. Hopefully the upper bass region is sacrificed too much.

EClarkPhoto-8910.jpg

EClarkPhoto-8911.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9087.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9091.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9097.jpg

TEST FIT. IT WILL BE PAINTED.

EClarkPhoto-9084.jpg

Primer sprayed on.

EClarkPhoto-9100.jpg

My helper :)

EClarkPhoto-9098.jpg

It will be colored a gray "crackle" color, if it matches good.

Good looking helper. I'm curious to see how it does with the seats up.

Good looking helper. I'm curious to see how it does with the seats up.

There was no audible difference with my Z.3 18 with seats up vs down. I was also "only" low passing the Z.3 @ 50hz. I am going to low pass the IB3's as high as possible, 60-100hz range. It is in the +60hz that I think the difference with seats up vs down will be.

Nice Progress woot.gif

What kind of power and ground wire is that its super clean i like it a lot!

What kind of power and ground wire is that its super clean i like it a lot!

Stinger HPM covered in techflex.

that insert looks great man!!!

My cover is done and installed. I am pleased with it.

EClarkPhoto-9102.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9104.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9107.jpg

Looks very good. You will love the IB setup. By far my favorite type of install.

Looks very good. You will love the IB setup. By far my favorite type of install.

You haven't updated your build log. I would like to see your IB setup. What are you using (subs/amp)?

Looks awesome! If you did not know any better you would think the car came that way.

Looks awesome! If you did not know any better you would think the car came that way.

Awe shucks thanks nem blush.png I missed the angle from top-to-bottom though :(

:woot: I like that, great idea for anybody with a fold down arm rest. I get tired of pulling my arm rest down everytime I get in the car and vice versa.

woot.gif I like that, great idea for anybody with a fold down arm rest. I get tired of pulling my arm rest down everytime I get in the car and vice versa.

Glad to hear that you like it trink40.gif

A fold down arm rest with a pass-thru would have been great. Unfortunately I had a solid plastic panel, no pass-thru.

woot.gif I like that, great idea for anybody with a fold down arm rest. I get tired of pulling my arm rest down everytime I get in the car and vice versa.

A fold down arm rest with a pass-thru would have been great. Unfortunately I had a solid plastic panel, no pass-thru.

I had the same as well but I took the whole seat out and removed the solid plastic panel. Once I let the arm rest down it was a pass thru, so it will do for now.

I had the same as well but I took the whole seat out and removed the solid plastic panel. Once I let the arm rest down it was a pass thru, so it will do for now.

I wish I wouldn't have cut my arm rest bracket off. I also threw it out :( I would stick with what you have, wish I would have done the same.

I am interrupting my IB install to redo the front stage. The goal is to clean up the dash area with a-pillar mounted mids and tweets. I absolutley hate those bulky dash pods that I was using. Although I was very pleased with the front stage imaging. Stage width was not impressive but I think that maybe a consequence of have the mids and tweets in the a-pillar versus the kicks.

I want the a-pillars to look somewhat stock. The only way that I think I can do this is with smaller drivers. I do not want to loose any of the dynamics that I had with the Scan Speak and Tang Band drivers. I decide to go with a Jl Audio C5 4" midrange. The SD of the Jl C5 appears to be identical to the Tang Band (not including xmax, just overall diameter). The cool thing with the C5's is that they have removable mounting tabs. This makes the overall diameter of the speaker much small than the Tang Band.

I am going to be using a LPG soft dome tweeter. I choose this tweeter because of it's small size and good off axis performance.

Mounting the mids and tweets will still be tricky. I want to keep the mids as on axis as possible yet keep the tweets as off axis as possible. With the both being mounted on the same plane to help prevent (or should I say ADDING to phase issues lol) phase issues.

Both the tweeter and the midrange will be mounted without any exposed mounting screws.

Here is the Jl C5 4" mids. One has the mounting tabs removed.

EClarkPhoto-9109.jpg

Jl C5 4" mid compared to the Tang Band 4" mid. Notice that half the surround plus cone is the same size one either driver.

EClarkPhoto-9108.jpg

LPG tweeter compared to the Scan Speak tweeter.

EClarkPhoto-9110.jpg

Old front stage drivers on the right new front stage drivers on the left.

EClarkPhoto-9118.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9111.jpg

Pressure fit mounting rings along side aiming circles.

EClarkPhoto-9119.jpg

Laser pointer mounted in an aiming circle that is inside one of the tweeter mounting rings.

EClarkPhoto-9120.jpg

Mid and tweet in the mounting rings.

EClarkPhoto-9121.jpg

Now to go make it happen!

Good God man!! Can't wait to see the changes.

Good God man!! Can't wait to see the changes.

I am working on one side at a time. I had a few hold ups today and didn't get too much done.

I have always used ponte fabric to wrap baffles the resin. I fussed with it for at least an hour and I could not get it to stretch right. I ended up cutting up a pair of my wifes panty hose sigh.gif I also had to take another one of her glass measuring cups to measure resin sigh.gif She isn't going to be happy!

This isn't the ideal day for building a-pillars....

EClarkPhoto-9122.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9123.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9125.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9127.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9129.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9130.jpg

EClarkPhoto-9131.jpg

Still have a lot of work to do on this side.

EClarkPhoto-9132.jpg

very nice glassing skills man

Thanks bro. A chit ton of phuck ups along the way, lol.