edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

I must have missed it but what drivers are they?

The mids are Dayton Audio RS-100T, tweeters are Scan Speak D2904-60000 and midbass are JL Audio ZR800.

BTW those JL's are amazing midbass! Narrow bandwidth but for strictly midbass frequencies they are awesome.

Well I decide that the midrange pods are too big. They just dont look right, sound great though. I have two sets of mids on the way to my house, one large diameter (well large for an a-pillar) and one small diameter set. Both have definite advantages. I will post picks of the midrange re-build when it starts!

Onto the highs!

Started with a lower a-pillar on axis design.

EClarkPhoto-7329.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7330.jpg

Ehh I think I can improve on stage width by going off axis. After some more tuning higher up the a-pillar they go!

EClarkPhoto-7331.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7333.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7334.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7338.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7339.jpg

As you can see the a-pillars are not finished (need more bondo and smoothing then flocking). I am waiting to try out the new mids and I will finish the a-pillars then smile.png

Edited by edouble101

looking pro status man!!

Looking good, looks like your getting better at this ^.^

Thanks fellas!

Hopefully my first time at flocking goes well. Any advice?

After hours of testing with three different sets of mids I finally found a set I am in love with :)

And the winner is...... Tang Band W4-1337SD

I wanted to mount the mid and tweeter in the a-pillar. I did not like the look of the dash pods. I was contemplating not using the Tang Band W4-1337SD due to it's size but it was the only driver that gave me the stage width I was searching for. The ability of these drivers to image the way they do is hard to explain. And here I thought my horizontal array imaged good, lol that is nothing compared to the Tang Band W4-1337SD setup!

As of right now the pods are drying from flocking

EClarkPhoto-7345.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7346.jpg

The tweeter is will be mounted in the pods as well.

I eliminated a-pillar pods due to the size of the TB's they are 4 15/16" OD. Back to dash pods I go, these are smaller though in width (from left to right).

The notches in the midrange mounting rings are for the connection terminals to fit through easily.

Pods look great. Glad you found a setup that sounds good. I'm actually planning on using those TBs in some arrays for my room pretty soon, so it's good to hear another person liking them. :P

Pods look great. Glad you found a setup that sounds good. I'm actually planning on using those TBs in some arrays for my room pretty soon, so it's good to hear another person liking them. tongue.png

I am sure that you will like these TB's!

The pods are complete. The flocked pods are much lighter than what the fibers are in the bag. I should have used a darker base coat. Next up for the front stage is tuning :)

Driver's side:

EClarkPhoto-7366.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7363.jpg

Passenger side:

EClarkPhoto-7378.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7364.jpg

I finished my carpet job in the car, I am stoked :)

EClarkPhoto-7357.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7354.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7353.jpg

Trunk is cleared. Z.3 18" and M3a have been sold a moth ago :( Only D3400 remains

EClarkPhoto-7384.jpg

Up next. VFL-450.1 (2) Z.3 15" and (2) D3100 to go along with my D3400

EClarkPhoto-7380.jpg

Z.3 goodness

EClarkPhoto-7381.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7383.jpg

It will fit

EClarkPhoto-7385.jpg

ummmmmmmmmmm, wow.

I have been using an Ohio Generator 275a alternator for about a month now. I cant wait to see how it acts on my stock PCM with +4500wrms

I had to machine bushings to make it fit.

0809121615b.jpg

0809121616.jpg

With my idler pulley

0809121620.jpg

Installed

EClarkPhoto-7386.jpg

Wow, every time I look at this log I'm impressed with your work quality. That photo of your dash looks so damn sick. Well done.

Wow, every time I look at this log I'm impressed with your work quality. That photo of your dash looks so damn sick. Well done.

Thanks brotha!

With my pods and kicks looked that good, lol

With my pods and kicks looked that good, lol

Thank you! The more time you put into it the more you get in return.

That dash idea is sick.. Must sound phenominal

Without any tuning the midrange is very strong. I am anxious to tune by ear then put an RTA on it.

I am never disappointed with your attention to detail! I really wish that I had your patience. The stealth factor is gone though haha!

I am never disappointed with your attention to detail! I really wish that I had your patience. The stealth factor is gone though haha!

Thanks Rick.

Yeah it definitely inst stealth any more, the pods are pretty obvious. Now I need to get my windows tinted.

Thanks Rick.

Yeah it definitely inst stealth any more, the pods are pretty obvious. Now I need to get my windows tinted.

Definitely! Sadly tinting sometimes draws attention. The only reason that I haven't put new wheels on my car is the fear of theft. Can't wait to leave the top ten vehicle theft city of Tucson.

Anyway there are very few people with build logs with better work, I will definitely view this a few times and attempt to use some of your methods. Your glass work is improving immensely.

Sorry if I missed it but how are the pods attached to the dash? That is badass, has me contemplating if I still want to do HLCD under dash horns or try this approach. Carpet jobs looks nice too :woot:

Always beautiful work man!