edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

Sorry if I missed it but how are the pods attached to the dash? That is badass, has me contemplating if I still want to do HLCD under dash horns or try this approach. Carpet jobs looks nice too :woot:

Since the pods are molded to the dash they fit very snug. The drivers have to be removed so that I have a surface to grab onto to pull the pods out.

I wanted to use HLCD's but I do not have the under dash space for them.

I am more pleased with the carpet install than anything! Before installing it I had myself psyched out that it would look like shit. Lucky for my that JL includes grills with their 8"s :)

Always beautiful work man!

Thanks!

As soon as this install is done I am going to hit you up for a demo. I would love to hear your critique :)

Looking real nice and smooth! At some point we will have to get together along with Shogen.

Looking real nice and smooth! At some point we will have to get together along with Shogen.

YES!!!

I cut floor mats out of the same carpet I used for the floor. I had binding stitched on them at a local carpet store.

EClarkPhoto-7388.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7391.jpg

EClarkPhoto-7390.jpg

I am going to use the same carpet to make a dash mat. Instead of binding the edges of the dash mat I will have serging used. That will look much nicer than a stitched edge.

Very nice work, from the looks of this build, I can tell it would sound awesome.

Always beautiful work man!

Thanks!

As soon as this install is done I am going to hit you up for a demo. I would love to hear your critique smile.png

For sure!!!

YES!!!

I'll bring some drinks!

Also, the carpet looks fantastic!

Edited by Shogen

I got the batteries secure in the trunk. Nothing fancy. I wanted to make sure that the top of the batteries are not above the trunk floor.

0831121035.jpg

Installed. The batteries are not wired to the system yet.

0831121509.jpg

The back end of my car dropped about an inch after installing these batts, they are heavy!

Nice quality work!

The enclosure build will start tonight. I need much more cargo room now than what I did when I started this build. I am using one of my Z.3 15" D1 @ a 2ohm load to the VFL-450.1. When Sundown releases the NS v.3 15" wub.png I will buy that in a D2 coil configuration and replace the Z.3.

Awesome build!!! rockwoot.gif

Thanks! And welcome to the forum trink40.gif

I got the batteries secure in the trunk. Nothing fancy. I wanted to make sure that the top of the batteries are not above the trunk floor.

0831121035.jpg

0831121509.jpg

Another strap across the first would be nice for each battery, just incase, you never know.

Another strap across the first would be nice for each battery, just incase, you never know.

If those straps snap I am in more trouble than a battery flopping around!

haha I hear ya..

I was thinking more about how the strap is fastened to the base, looks like screw with washer into wood? If that's the case then it would not take much for that to snap off, considering the weight of the battery.

haha I hear ya..

I was thinking more about how the strap is fastened to the base, looks like screw with washer into wood? If that's the case then it would not take much for that to snap off, considering the weight of the battery.

I was thinking the same thing when I was designing the tray. But then again I thought "if these screws come out then something really bad is happening!".

I will keep an eye on it :)

Thanks! And welcome to the forum trink40.gif

Thanks bro!!!

Started the enclosure build. Shallow depth, 3.25 cubes net, 32hz tune, 56 sq inches of port. I might be fucking myself by putting the driver right over the port. Had to do it this way.

I praise those guys that build enclosures in a few hours. I have spent over 10 hours on this and it isn't even installed.

I had to raise the driver a little to clear the port.

0901122217a.jpg

0902120022.jpg

that looks tight man!! Wish I had the skills that you do.... good stuff!!

You spend how much on audio, and your drinking lite beer? What the fuck. :D

You spend how much on audio, and your drinking lite beer? What the fuck. biggrin.png

Less calories ;)

You spend how much on audio, and your drinking lite beer? What the fuck. biggrin.png

Less calories wink.png

Pffft. I've never bothered checking, but what's the difference a hundred or so?

I think that I have already made a comment on the Miller Light somewhere. :lol:

Keep up the good work man! Just curious as to why you couldn't mount the sub away from the port opening?

0831121035.jpg

0831121509.jpg

That looks awesome man. How many leads off each batt?