edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

Started the enclosure build. Shallow depth, 3.25 cubes net, 32hz tune, 56 sq inches of port. I might be pucking myself by putting the driver right over the port. Had to do it this way.

I praise those guys that build enclosures in a few hours. I have spent over 10 hours on this and it isn't even installed.

I had to raise the driver a little to clear the port.

0901122217a.jpg

0902120022.jpg

I would have put the sub on the opposite side of where you put it so it wasn't right in front of the port opening, but besides that it looks good

You spend how much on audio, and your drinking lite beer? What the fuck. biggrin.png

I think that I have already made a comment on the Miller Light somewhere. laugh.png

Keep up the good work man! Just curious as to why you couldn't mount the sub away from the port opening?

Started the enclosure build. Shallow depth, 3.25 cubes net, 32hz tune, 56 sq inches of port. I might be pucking myself by putting the driver right over the port. Had to do it this way.

I praise those guys that build enclosures in a few hours. I have spent over 10 hours on this and it isn't even installed.

I had to raise the driver a little to clear the port.

I would have put the sub on the opposite side of where you put it so it wasn't right in front of the port opening, but besides that it looks good

I want to maintain a shallow enclosure depth to spare some trunk room. My wife is pregnant and I am going to need room for a stroller and baby bag and.......

I got the batteries secure in the trunk. Nothing fancy. I wanted to make sure that the top of the batteries are not above the trunk floor.

Installed. The batteries are not wired to the system yet.

That looks awesome man. How many leads off each batt?

The VFL-450.1 has dual power inputs. So I will need two negatives and two positives, one each off of the D3100's.

Baby steps. Most of the enclosure is in the trunk. I have to assemble the rest of the pieces in the trunk because it would not fit completely assembled.

0902121426.jpg

hmmmmm

Everything is installed. I am not hearing anything funky form the sub. Sounds as it should.

I will have to get pics up soon.

Everything is installed. I am not hearing anything funky form the sub. Sounds as it should.

Waiting on pics, I'm assuming you scratched the idea of two 15s?

I read through every post and page of this thread...faintthud.gif . Holy Hell!

Thats what I was wondering. Thought u were doing 2 15s?

Whatever goes according to plan? :P

He posted something about needing the room.

Must be something to do with having a child on the way. :)

Must be something to do with having a child on the way. smile.png

Yep! And even with one 15" in the trunk there still isn't any cargo area left.

This is the final install for this vehicle. I am actually getting tired of working on it.

This is all I took so far.

0903121857b.jpg

0903121856a.jpg

Sorry that the pics had gotten deleted. I was cleaning up my photobucket account and that must have screwed up the links.

I had sold the Z.3 15" and AB amp. I am going to be running two IB315 and they will be powered by a Sundown SAZ-1500D v.3. I am thinking about bumping up the power on the front stage to two SAX-125.4. The front stage is loud now as it is but I would like more headroom and a little more power to the JL midbass. I cant say enough about the JL midbass. I currently have them high passed at 31.5hz and I could easily continue running without subs. They were never designed to function as a subwoofer and that is evident but they do sound great.

I have been adjusting the low pass crossover setting on the ZR800. Bumping it up from 250hz to 315hz made a big difference in stage width. From 315-500hz the change was minimal. From 500-1.25khz the difference was unnoticeable. All I changed was frequency. The response of this driver is noted to be useful to 500hz. Without using an RTA in car I have not verified that but by ear that seems accurate. When I have time I want to measure frequency response with my RTA and see how it its behaving with these new crossover points.

Conclusion... The higher xover on the midbass improved stage width smile.gif Not as wide as I like but definite improvement!

I think the next biggest improvement will be to isolate the midrange and tweeter from the dash corners by moving them up the a-pillar. This new installation will not be for a while yet. I am keeping the tweeters and switching the mids out to JL Audio 4" that was part of the ZR 3-way component system. What I like about this driver is that it has the same SD as my Tang Band 4"er but about an inch smaller in overall diameter. This is due to the fact that it really does not have a mounting flange. It has mounting tabs that are removable. These should fit in my a-pillars nicely.

I have readjusted T/A. I always had my tweeter and midrange at the same T/A setting because they are mounted beside each other. I had my midbass drivers adjusted differently. I played with my midrange T/A and got them readjusted, same setting for the tweeter. I then was readjusting the midbass and to my surprise they are at the same level as the midrange/tweeter! Exact same setting! Wow. The soundstage has "spaciousness" that it never had before. Strange to me but it works. I am also running both of the midbass drivers out of phase with the other drivers.

I am currently working on my sub bass install. No install pics but here are my subs.

EClarkPhoto-8804.jpg

EClarkPhoto-8808.jpg

Nice subs, looking foward to your rebuild.

always nice to read up on your updates bro....

Thanks for checking in on my build fellas trink40.gif You both live close enough to get demos when it is done. I want to hit you guys up now but I know it isn't at is max potential without the subs installed.

Definitely tuned in. Have any pics of the current front stage? My bad if I missed them.

Definitely tuned in. Have any pics of the current front stage? My bad if I missed them.

Sure Rick. Nothing has changed with the front stage.....yet (other than tuning). The mids and tweets will be a-pillar mounted soon.

EClarkPhoto-7357.jpg

Thanks for checking in on my build fellas trink40.gif You both live close enough to get demos when it is done. I want to hit you guys up now but I know it isn't at is max potential without the subs installed.

I'll come twice.... I'm easy!

Ewe... TMI. Maybe I will only let you hear you over the phone lol

Ewe... TMI. Maybe I will only let you hear you over the phone lol

Lol... I meant nothing sexual. Hahaha