edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

Wow! That looks great!

Looking good Eric!

We had a little snow this morning, but it is all gone now.

Working on car audio in snow bass head JUNKIE problems!! Sweet build log man have read this whole thread so many times...it really feels a little creepy to me lol. Great work dude. Wish i could have you glass up my doors. I dont have the balls ugggh

Working on car audio in snow bass head JUNKIE problems!! Sweet build log man have read this whole thread so many times...it really feels a little creepy to me lol. Great work dude. Wish i could have you glass up my doors. I dont have the balls ugggh

You can do it! Just takes a few times to get iut right the first time through....even takes some patience and mistakes after you have done it a couple times lol.

So...I was having one hecks of a time to get my fabric to lay right and stick in these cold temps. Ugh, I need to get my garage heater installed! Right now I have a mess. I stretched numerous material types onto the a-pillars with different adhesives. I finally found something that I think will work but no time left in the day to finish it.

I all I have to show is the a-pillars with remnants of adhesive sprayed on them. Tomorrow will hopefully yield a working front stage.

EClarkPhoto-9137.jpg

was the glue even able to get tacky before trying to lay the fabric??

was the glue even able to get tacky before trying to lay the fabric??

In some spots. Other spots froze instantly.

Driver's side installed!

EClarkPhoto-9138.jpg

Both a-pillars and installed and playing! Now time to tune which is always an ongoing process.

EClarkPhoto-9140.jpg

I use the hot box method, get a cheap heater and a big cardboard box, cut a hole in it where the heater will fit in it and bring fresh air in, and set it up to heat around 80-90 degrees and it'll set up perfectly especially in cold cold weather.

The a-pillars came out looking awesome. I missed how you are securing the 4" mid though. :/ Reading > me Your project is coming along very nicely. Congrats.

I use the hot box method, get a cheap heater and a big cardboard box, cut a hole in it where the heater will fit in it and bring fresh air in, and set it up to heat around 80-90 degrees and it'll set up perfectly especially in cold cold weather.

3M 90 didn't work do well for this application. I ended up using 3M Super 77. I also applied the adhesive in my basement versus my colder garage.

The a-pillars came out looking awesome. I missed how you are securing the 4" mid though. :/ Reading > me Your project is coming along very nicely. Congrats.

I cut the mounting rings to be a very tight fit around the tweeters and midrange. I actually had to press the drivers in with a blunt hard rubber tip (end of a pen) to get them to fit in. I also used Amazing Goop around the back side of the drivers.

Initial listening... stage width is phenomenal and stage depth us unreal. It actually brought tears to my eyes, I am that thrilled with it. The drivers are very transparent and if you weren't able to see them you would have no idea where they are mounted. I am anxious to hear what thorough tuning will yield.

Overall it isn't as loud, still loud though. I was expecting this since the Tang Band's are very efficient and the JL's not so much. I am very pleased with the LPG tweeters. They are a very laid back, smooth sounding driver. Not as detailed as the Scan Speak tweeters.

I am going to buy a dash mat as well.

Both a-pillars and installed and playing! Now time to tune which is always an ongoing process.

EClarkPhoto-9140.jpg

just OMG!!! soooo when I come to PA, I'll stay a few days and we'll get some work done... lol

just OMG!!! soooo when I come to PA, I'll stay a few days and we'll get some work done... lol

For sure bro. We have a spare bed that is always ready for guests!

Looks super smooth and like it should be there, so it has so sound equaly as good! :)

Back to working on the IB install. Next up is mounting the rear battery. Based by the amount of power I am using, with the engine on an auxiliary battery isn't necessary. When I start competing in SQ comps the extra reserve form an axillary battery will be useful.

The rear battery will be flush mounted into the trunk floor.

Starting out as a flat sheet of steel stock.

EClarkPhoto-9162.jpg

Welded, smoothed ans boxed up.

EClarkPhoto-9163.jpg

I'm jealous.

Why is that?

I'm jealous.

Why is that?

EClarkPhoto-9140.jpg

I love this^^^ and doubt that mine will come out half that good. But hey, I have to start somewhere.

I'm jealous.

Why is that?

I love this^^^ and doubt thatmine will come out half that good. But hey, I have to start somewhere.

Well, thanks! Anybody can do it.

just sick. I've got a lot of work to do to get my front stage going the way I would like. :-

loving your skills and detail though.

No new progress :(

Just ordered a new sound card for my puter (so stoked about this) since my on-board sound is not going to cut it for RTA tuning. I also ordered a dash mat adhd.gif I tried to make one but it looked like chit. As soon as I wrap up the IB install tuning can start.

Oh yeah new amps for the front stage will be ordered soon biggrin.png The KS900.6 is doing it's thing very well but the fan noise will hurt my score.

Damn what amps are you looking at now?