edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

Sub looks sweet. The beer on the other hand sigh.gif

Not a beer drinker?

Haha I love me some beer just not a Miller fan.

Nice looking sub. What is written on the dust cap?

I am looking foward to see what you are doing next.

Nice looking sub. What is written on the dust cap?

I am looking foward to see what you are doing next.

Jacob signed it.

I plan on relocating the trunk hinges and doing some cutting/welding behind the rear seat area to make this fit the way I want.

I am seriously thinking about getting a Pioneer DEX-P99RS. It has all of the tuning features I would want in a processor and it would save on a bunch of additional wiring.

That sub is beast mode, i wanna try some zv.3s myself. Forward firing and sealed off i assume?

That sub is beast mode, i wanna try some zv.3s myself. Forward firing and sealed off i assume?

yep yep. Porting through the deck lid which I am 'glassing.

Still using the DC 2k or more power, that tall surround is pure sex. I cant wait to see what Jacob got up his sleeve for the nightshades with the new baskets.

Still using the DC 2k or more power, that tall surround is pure sex. I cant wait to see what Jacob got up his sleeve for the nightshades with the new baskets.

I sent my 2.0K out for repair about a month ago. I am hoping to get it back soon. I am anxious to see Sundown's new amps! Their baskets will be killer too. He is talking about crazy xmas limits.

Great looking subwoofer!!!

Yeah buddy!

Yeah buddy!

When will this be done?

When will this be done?

I do not have a set date. It is going to take a lot of work. One of the hold ups was getting a DSP. I was looking at the 3sixty.3 or ARC MS8 which have not been released yet. I am seriously thinking about buying a Pioneer DEX-P99RS. I think I will love that unit.

I would like to have the sub playing within a month and the front stage done by a month after that. So hopefully May-June it will be done.

When will this be done?

I do not have a set date. It is going to take a lot of work. One of the hold ups was getting a DSP. I was looking at the 3sixty.3 or ARC MS8 which have not been released yet. I am seriously thinking about buying a Pioneer DEX-P99RS. I think I will love that unit.

I would like to have the sub playing within a month and the front stage done by a month after that. So hopefully May-June it will be done.

Good stuff! Honestly if you need a helping hand let me know. I'll work for pizza.

I'm laid off so I have nothing to do and I'm dying here.

When will this be done?

Good stuff! Honestly if you need a helping hand let me know. I'll work for pizza.

I'm laid off so I have nothing to do and I'm dying here.

Thanks bro! I will def keep you in mind :) I have to finish this project soon. But shortly I will be starting on my trunk lid hinges and a helping hand would be great!

Got a little bit done today. I notched the the back seat support area to fit the Z.3 in.

Before pics

SCREEN-3862.jpg

SCREEN-3863-1.jpg

All hacked up

SCREEN-3864.jpg

Checking to make sure the sub fits. The magnet will be poking through the ski pass. Oh yeah I don't have a ski pass. Gotta modify the back seat for that, This is my first 18" sub. What a bitch it is to mount this thing, heavy as hell.

SCREEN-3866.jpg

Gussets welded and a piece of 3/4" angle iron for a brace. Sturdy as hecks.

SCREEN-3869.jpg

SCREEN-3870.jpg

Up next is to relocate the trunk hinges. Then I can start on the enclosure.

That's amazing progress! How do you plan on relocating trunk hinges?

That's amazing progress! How do you plan on relocating trunk hinges?

I plan on using scissor style hinges. They are designed to fit on the outside of the weather striping around the trunk opening. I plan on using them on the inside. Not going to be easy to incorporate into my car but I am going to try!

I picked up some 3/4" birch from a reputable lumber yard. It was labeled as Craftsman grade C-2. Unfortunately it is crappy chinese junk. It has more voids than what I would have ever thought about using. Hopefully it works well for my application. Although I have my doubts.

I have a couple new amps coming my way. I will post them up when I have them.

I picked up a Pioneer DEX-P99RS adhd.gif

SCREEN-3901.jpg

SCREEN-3902.jpg

Gotta have some nice cables to carry that clean signal.

I am using Dayton Audio microphone cable. Copper shielding with copper signal wires.

Outer cable

SCREEN-3891.jpg

Outer covering peeled. This pic shows the copper shielding.

SCREEN-3892.jpg

On the signal end, the shielding is joined with the ground wire.

Shielding separated.

SCREEN-3893.jpg

Shielding tinned with ground wire and signal wire is tinned.

SCREEN-3894.jpg

Soldered to RCA end

SCREEN-3895.jpg

SCREEN-3896.jpg

Output end of the RCA cable is not joined to the shielding. I use a small piece of heat shrink to make sure the shielding does not come in contact with the ground wire or RCA end. Ground and signal tinned. No more pics of the assembly, you get it smile.png

SCREEN-3899.jpg

I am using three different colors for the three way front stage. I also use a different color for the sub bass RCA. You may notice different lengths heat shrink on either end. That is so I know which end to plug into the 99RS.

SCREEN-3900.jpg

Edited by edouble101

I scratched the idea of relocating the trunk hinges. Not saying it wouldnt work but it would be a major task.

I scratched the idea of relocating the trunk hinges. Not saying it wouldnt work but it would be a major task.

Don't make more work for yourself if it can be avoided.

Your still doing suicide doors right? :P

Don't make more work for yourself if it can be avoided.

Your still doing suicide doors right? :P

Exactly. Thanks again for all your help!

Yep, suicide doors, hydros and a V8 :)

Wow amazing build so far. Sexy sub too! :)

Damn those pics look awesome! What is your new approach to fitting that beast in?

Damn those pics look awesome! What is your new approach to fitting that beast in?

The enclosure is just about complete. It is 6.45 cubes tuned to 30hz. I am using an 8" aero ported through the rear deck. Themagnet will be poking through the rear seats. Should look and sound great!

P99RS??? HOLY SHYT!!!!