no_username

how long did it take for your dc creations box?

VERY long time, long enough to take buisness else where and I am a very understanding/patient person.

Ugh not the answer i wanted
I could have lied to you if you wanted? :ughdunno: <BR><BR><BR>wait a second, ok, so have you already gave him the money and are waiting for your box to be built? I never made it that far, so I could very well be lying to you for your first question. I really never even got a design after a few weeks of peskying so for that part is was I was referring to. Edited by Sencheezy

Yeah i gave him the money. We had been talking for like 5 days before i jumped shit. I couldnt find another box design to fit my need and i didnt have the skill to build a ported box lol So i got the designs. I asked him a billion questions just to make sure everything is how i wanted it. So here i am about 3 days later just pondering how long it may take. :drink40:

I never got a response from them, so I will never do business with them. I sent them 3 messages asking if a box could be built for me, but they never replied, so i guess they didn't want too.

So here i am about 3 days later just pondering how long it may take.

A lot longer than 3 days......I've never done business w/ DC before, but IMO for a custom built enclosure + shipping time, anything up to a month would be reasonable. Grab a beer or something, it'll be a little bit yet.

Oh yeah, it takes much longer than 3 days lol. I believe they gaurentee it will be shipped after 7 days of payment IIRC. Just wait and see. I would check up when you hit the 10 day mark, I always give builders time. But, I will note that may not be the case here as it took many messages to get a response stating "oops, I forgot", or "sorry, got caught up with other thing", or "out for lunch", so, you may want to keep checking up to see how things are going during the process.

You could request picture updates.

They'll probably deny as they will then have to take time to take the pictures instead of building boxes, but I've heard of some builders doing such a thing. Also a good way to advertise their products.

Fml and i get all my stuff tomorrow. Gotta wait on a damn box :suicide-santa:

I hope the best for you sir

Thanks, tomorrow i guess i will just get my amp wired and mounted. I hope i have a hole in my firewall already i dont want to drill through. Havnt bothered to look been to damn cold

Thanks, tomorrow i guess i will just get my amp wired and mounted. I hope i have a hole in my firewall already i dont want to drill through. Havnt bothered to look been to damn cold

thats the ez part, don't be scared, whats the worst that could happen?

Well then id have to go out and buy rubber grommets to protect the wires from metal. Im sick of spending $ lol i want this to be simple

Plus i wouldnt know where to drill

Well then id have to go out and buy rubber grommets to protect the wires from metal. Im sick of spending $ lol i want this to be simple

Plus i wouldnt know where to drill

drill under the stearing whell is what i do.

Well according to a grand am site there should be a hole above brakes. I cross my fingers it can fit a 4g wire

While i have you hear why do amps need rca cabels from the hu?

Well according to a grand am site there should be a hole above brakes. I cross my fingers it can fit a 4g wire

While i have you hear why do amps need rca cabels from the hu?

Not a stupid question and I will answer it. Its because the amps need a signal. This is the most basic answer I can give you and could go in further if you would like as many installers over looks this.

Id nust assume its the amps way of knowing whats being played and to send the amplified signal to the subs

This is a quote from zed audio

"Interconnect cables are the first cables which the signal passes through from signal sources to preamplifier (in the home stereo) and from head unit to processor or amplifier (in the car stereo). We shall only discuss cables with RCA plugs at each end as they are by far the predominant cable type in this category. As in any interconnection, there are THREE main issues to consider. First the source's output impedance, secondly the cable's electrical impedance and lastly the receiving gear's electrical input impedance."

which can be found at http://zedaudiocorp.com/index.php/tech-talk/cables.html

The quote below, can be found at BCAE1

" RCA Cable Construction The RCA cable, which is used in virtually all car audio installations, is a specialized cable which is designed to transmit audio while preventing noise from entering the audio stream. As you can see in the diagram below, the center conductor is "shielded" from noise by completely enveloping it in a braided copper shield conductor. The shield is connected to the reference terminal of the audio source. You remember that every measurement has to have a reference. The same is true when you are sending a signal (audio in this case). This is so because the next device in line must "measure" the level of the incoming signal. If it does not have a good reference, the signal quality will suffer. I will explain "audio grounds" in a section to come."Under section 61

I highly recommend you visit both of these sites to grasp a better understanding.

I just notice this thread so sorry for the late response to it.

Any time we take on an order we predict a 10-12 business day period from the date paid to the date shipped. We typically get them out much quicker, but we suggest this time frame to deal with any delays that may occur during the build process.

When we first came to this site ,we were severely understaffed and that generated issues that some are discussing of our inability to get back with clients in a timely manner. We have since fixed this issue with the exception of caraudio.com where I receive 50+ PM's a day and we are looking for ways to clear that up which may include disabling PMs there.

Also, you just paid on the 9th and emailed over the weekend after we had closed on Saturday(I did respond this morning). I asked you via email today (as you asked for a refund..siting that you could not wait) what you expected as per our emails I did inform you of the build to ship time. I was not being upset, I was asking because if something is not clear enough on my end then I need address that and ensure the our clients understand our build time/process before paying for an enclosure.

Edited by pro-rabbit

Oh yeah, it takes much longer than 3 days lol. I believe they gaurentee it will be shipped after 7 days of payment IIRC. Just wait and see. I would check up when you hit the 10 day mark, I always give builders time. But, I will note that may not be the case here as it took many messages to get a response stating "oops, I forgot", or "sorry, got caught up with other thing", or "out for lunch", so, you may want to keep checking up to see how things are going during the process.

These are the exact issues I sited in the post above.

Loss of his business was our fault fully. He was not the only one that had similar issues with our inability to return messages in a timely manner. In complete honesty we "bit off" more then we could chew at that time by being on several forums while understaffed.

I do apologize that we generated such issues with fellow members here and on other sites. It is not in our nature to have such issues and overcoming them will take time and for us to show (this forum in particular) that we have resolved those issues and are moving forward with our business.

If you send us an email or message us on the forum and feel we have not replied in a timely manner please feel free to give us a call. Unlike like 99% of other enclosure companies we have our number listed and do take calls on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Dustin

hey takes time to build a great box just remember these are not prefabbed boxes these are hand built to your needs and or application ,u could always jump on flea bay and buy a prefabbed box but i guarantee it wont be as good as dustin , give the man time i bought from him as well as many others with now issues what so ever , and will continue to buy boxes from dc id rather wait on a hand built hand design box then throw away $$ on a bad box or not to spec box

I know this is an old topic but to update i ordered an enclosure on the 30th and ill be happy if he ships it next week. I didnt remember if he said when to expect my order but he has been VERY prompt with email. Like same day with a lot of questions ive had so hopefully hes worked out some kinks.