Chickenwings

Stesom/zcon

Hey guys! So after all the research, nd the help of all my fellow mates here, ive finally decided on going with the 15' SSA Zcon D2 :)

Now, the time has come to decide on an amp that will be able to efficently feed this beast!!

I just wanted your opinions on which amp should i go with and btw, when i was browsing the ssa store, what really got my attention was the Stetsom V 2K5 E which does 2500 rms 12.6v @ 1 ohm! The price is very affordable nd i just wanted to know if anyone has tried this product out before?? Thanks alot yall!!

Edited by Chickenwings

Your on the right track picking the zcon, its a monster. I would steer clear of the stetsom though. Sundown is usually a good option. There is always some used in the forsale section here.

Your on the right track picking the zcon, its a monster. I would steer clear of the stetsom though. Sundown is usually a good option. There is always some used in the forsale section here.

why don't you like Stetsom ? Just for my info.

ZCON and the Stetsom sounds like a nice match.

Make sure you address the electrical with that size of amplifier.

I had one and had big problems with it. Too touchy. Voltage needs to stay within a very tight range or it let's loose. I've seen others have good luck though. I can't afford to have a "hit or miss" amplifier. It needs to be tough enough to withstand some abuse.

I had one and had big problems with it. Too touchy. Voltage needs to stay within a very tight range or it let's loose. I've seen others have good luck though. I can't afford to have a "hit or miss" amplifier. It needs to be tough enough to withstand some abuse.

You had a used Stetsom right?

Hmm thats intresting to know, nd my electrical isnt too good just a HO 200 amp alt from excessive amperage, stock bat underhood nd 1 batcap2000 in the trunk nd big 3.. I still a couple more batcaps.. But hmm i was looking for a amp on this website the 500$ range (without shipping/taxes)..

I looked into the stetsoms after Steve warned me to steer away from them, read some reviews and alot of people were/ are having problems with it! I guess its due to the small size maybe? Not enough cooling ? I heard the size is small because it was intented more to the ppl in brazil with smallers cars ;S duno if thats true.. But does make sense

sundown saz3000 would be nice:) i have my aq3500.1 running@2 ohms (2600watts) and the zcon lovess it. i also was thinking bout a kicker zx2500.1 but then remembered u said ur zcon was dual 2 so its going to be ran at 1 ohm. yeah id most deff. looking into some sundown amps.

P.S. if u dont find a nice map in your price ranger on this forum, you could look into caraudioclassifieds.org they have a bunch of ued equipment and decent prices... BUT be careful and do your homework on the product before you buy. :fing34:

Edited by Lantz

Thanks lantz! I jus wanted to say i havent purchased them as of yet but i am within a few days so my options are open :P nd u think my electrical is enough to handle the saz3000/3500?? Nd i really cant buy them new :( over my budget but im always on here Lf someone to cut me a good deal :) nd great! I'll check that website out right now

The Brazilian amps do not have the best reputation. They seem to be very finicky with voltage.

One could say they go poof because of user error, but it seems to happen more often than the Korean amps.

Thanks lantz! I jus wanted to say i havent purchased them as of yet but i am within a few days so my options are open :P nd u think my electrical is enough to handle the saz3000/3500?? Nd i really cant buy them new :( over my budget but im always on here Lf someone to cut me a good deal :) nd great! I'll check that website out right now

if u have a 200amp alt, id say all u need is like a xs2400 or so in the back and you should be good. also, this just popped up....

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/54212-sundown-saz2500/

perfect power for 1 zcon :)

also another thing to consider when buying the sub, i went with a dual 1 ohm so that if i wanted to, i could add a second zcon adnt run them both at 1 ohm together.. which was a good idea at the time because i am adding another zcon 15 here shortly but if u only plan on just doing 1, dual 2 is the way to go for a 1 ohm load

There's a saz2500 on here for 535 or so I think shipped that would suit your electrical situation better

Have you looked at the Cescendo Bc2000? I think its around $399 brand new 2k rms at 1 ohm

Hmm i dont think it would b great idea to underpower this beast :s but i jus pm'd the person selling the 2500 here! Hope he agrees to ship to canada!!

In the for sale / wanted section look for saz2500 fellas name is hardrock24 some thing just posted around 10:00 seen it just after looking at yours lol

Hmm i dont think it would b great idea to underpower this beast :s but i jus pm'd the person selling the 2500 here! Hope he agrees to ship to canada!!

Underpowering? Underpowering is only bad if you clip the heck out of the sub. Thats $150 diference for 500 watts.

What kind of car is it going in? You could use that towards other stuff

Just an opinion though :)

Um it will be going in a mitsubishi eclipse 99.. Hopefully i'l b able to fit the sub!! Does the zcon require lots of space ?

I was told a re xxx 15 would fit it in so im expecting the zcon to fit also

Edited by Chickenwings

Just a quick question, should i take out my spare tire for extra space?

I heard a Fi Audio BL 15" on a sucky Boss amp in a same year eclipse and it was very loud!

The Re xxx is pretty tall. A good consideration is the Zcon you can recone and a Re xxx not really as easy..

I wouldnt see a reason too, not that its gonna do any good under a 100+lb sub and box but you should have enuff room just on top