Chevy350TPI

Forum Suggestions

Leave your comments and suggestions regarding the combined forum subsections and other improvements you'd like to see in this thread.

I personally preferred the single layout better. This one is more intricate to navigate, and I don't know about others, but rarely would I pay attention to the subforum headings below the main.

I am very interested in as much feedback as possible, occasionally we need to adjust things to keep the site orgainized and maintained,

sometimes less forums are better, but I want to hear what people think

I like the combining of sections. Works well IMO.

Maybe set up an article section like the momentum is to Sin...Just an idea. I would love to partake in something like that.

any other ideas on the article idea?

any other ideas on the article idea?

:huh2::huh2:

i like flakko's idea. maybe not exactly our own online mag, but something similiar. like a newsletter. let each manufacturer have their own little section for updates, new products, specials, etc,etc. maybe have a 12volt section, with a q&a thing. maybe an advise type of thing. an installer's corner.

something along those lines.

teh forum is looking good!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i like flakko's idea. maybe not exactly our own online mag, but something similiar. like a newsletter. let each manufacturer have their own little section for updates, new products, specials, etc,etc. maybe have a 12volt section, with a q&a thing. maybe an advise type of thing. an installer's corner.

something along those lines.

teh forum is looking good!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Excellent idea!

we have had a few news letters, Steveo wrote a great one last month. We should put one together for this month also.

Keep the family atmosphere, it's what keeps bringing me back :)

I have a hard time trying to figure out which Topics have new replies or what not. It would be really nice if it was easier to tell which ones had new posts

I have a hard time trying to figure out which Topics have new replies or what not. It would be really nice if it was easier to tell which ones had new posts

click "New Posts"

Top right hand of your screen by My Controls. You will also see the little pinned icon changed to the left of a topic if you haven't seen the latest post on it.

the recent topics on the homepage should take you to the newpost instead of the first page of that topic IMO

the recent topics on the homepage should take you to the newpost instead of the first page of that topic IMO

If you click the little box next to the date in the right column of the "recent topics" list it takes you to the latest post. :)

If you click the little box next to the date in the right column of the "recent topics" list it takes you to the latest post. :)

Sweet! I did not know this

Hmm I know one thing that i would like to see on the forums

In each manufacturers forum there is a banner up top with the manufacturers logo..

I would like it if it were clickable and it linked to the manufactures website...

this will eliminate the need for people to ask "what's the website link" or "where can i see the product" they can just click on the banner up top in that manufacturers forum and be directed to the site..

Hope that made some sense and that it's a feasible idea

In each manufacturers forum there is a banner up top with the manufacturers logo..

I would like it if it were clickable and it linked to the manufactures website...

this will eliminate the need for people to ask "what's the website link" or "where can i see the product" they can just click on the banner up top in that manufacturers forum and be directed to the site..

I like that idea. Although, if you have helpful people on SSA giving new users/guests valuable info, chances are they'll come back here. A clickable link seems a little impersonal to me.

If they come here with one question and we answer it, they'll come back again, and again and again.

not sure you can't see it or not, but above every manu. section, their is they appropriate banner with logos....maybe you can't see it, but it's accessable from any skin on SSA

And I agree with John about the impersonable theroy. SSA feels like family. I'm pretty sure everyone likes that feeling of community. I could be wrong, and if I am, please someone tell me!

not a link just having their logo picture in each manufacturers forum link to their company main page..

like how the very top of the forum the main SSA logo links back to the main forum i was thinking maybe the main logo in each manufacturers forum could do the same thing but to their site...

Like Aarons sig links to the icon product.... So like the Fi logo in their forum could link to the Fi main page like.... not like a text link just their logo link to their webpage for quick access to the manufacturers website...