Impious

Skar Audio Off Topic Amplifier Questions

I would like an answer as well.

I would like an answer as well.

Moofs said in another thread that he had also asked Kevin similar questions several times and never received a response.

I suppose given the fact Kevin originally deleted my post shortly after I posted it (and he is not the one who restored it), that he doesn't intend to give an answer.

I thought the answers would have been pretty easy to provide. Guess I was wrong and he was instead trying to hide the fact I even asked by deleting my post? :ughdunno:

Just more reason to not support skar.

I also would like to see them answered. :ughdunno:

A little thread which cannot have its posts deleted:

Editing anything in a forum defeats its purpose. Ultra shady behavior to do so as well.

And Kevin, wake up, this isn't the board embarrassing you as that is something only you can do to yourself. Either your posts are blatant lies or you are hiding something. It ought to be really easy to refute that statement, it'll just take a couple teeny facts. I'll wager you'll cower and cry again instead of addressing a very simple question that is really pertinent to the design and development of your amplifiers.

Wait, why was my post deleted in that thread? I didn't even do anything wrong?

Wait, why was my post deleted in that thread? I didn't even do anything wrong?

Cause your not a Skar lover bro

Editing anything in a forum defeats its purpose. Ultra shady behavior to do so as well.

And Kevin, wake up, this isn't the board embarrassing you as that is something only you can do to yourself. Either your posts are blatant lies or you are hiding something. It ought to be really easy to refute that statement, it'll just take a couple teeny facts. I'll wager you'll cower and cry again instead of addressing a very simple question that is really pertinent to the design and development of your amplifiers.

M5, I am not concerned over whether or not you think I "Cower & Cry", or if I don't answer your questions. My customers are taken care of 100% and I did answer in that thread. I am glad you have enough time in the day to waste though worrying about things like this...I assure you SKAR is doing quite well and whether or not you claim your defamation is intentional or not, we both know that you just don't like the brand - which is fine - but also the reason you were instructed you were are not allowed to post in the SKAR section a bit ao,... because clearly other people on this forum see you also wasting your time trying to stir up problems with a company that you have no interest in, etc.

M5, I am not concerned over whether or not you think I "Cower & Cry", or if I don't answer your questions. My customers are taken care of 100% and I did answer in that thread. I am glad you have enough time in the day to waste though worrying about things like this...I assure you SKAR is doing quite well and whether or not you claim your defamation is intentional or not, we both know that you just don't like the brand - which is fine - but also the reason you were instructed you were are not allowed to post in the SKAR section a bit ao,... because clearly other people on this forum see you also wasting your time trying to stir up problems with a company that you have no interest in, etc.

Mr. Kevin,

I just have one question, what happen to my post? I'm really confused here because I was actually interested in your products and for no reason, that is apparent, my post has simply vanished as I was only curious in what real world power are these amps capable of. Could you please help me understand the reasoning for avoiding my question as I don't see anything wrong with my post? I ask all the time of other vendors/manufactures what I may expect in real world scenarios and never have I seen my post vanish before.

In regards,

Senchez

Um............did you see the question.

We know M5 is an ass and we love him for it. He is trying to stop the bullshit and keep people honest in their claims. Easy way to get him off your ass is to back up your noise.

I like ///M5 posts because they are the truth. Even if it hurts sometimes :suicide-santa:

About the amps, all Im gonna say is since they are new to the market, I wish they had a better introductory price. Oh well

I'll be back, ice cream truck is here.

For those that haven't seen the other thread; here is Kevin's response...

I did clamp the prototypes (same guts, different heat sinks) about a month or so ago which posted higher results. I am going to clamp again shortly for official ratings but for now sheet will do for an overall grasp of what these can do. If you are worried about blowing your subwoofer, they won't be tremendously different then posted results as is.

Obviously, the amplifiers don't post their "higher results" on SSA though, because I don't see them.

So instead of actually answering the question at hand with numbers and real world answers you just zone in on M5's post, your beef/bash with him, and bring up your CS skillz?

I don't see anyone stirring up problems, people just want answers. It's easy to give them, believing you did test them at the "real" power.

So instead of actually answering the question at hand with numbers and real world answers you just zone in on M5's post, your beef/bash with him, and bring up your CS skillz?

I don't see anyone stirring up problems, people just want answers. It's easy to give them, believing you did test them at the "real" power.

The real numbers will be posted as soon as I am able to do so...I want to make sure they are properly clamped and I am in the middle of a move into a new warehouse. I am not going to clamp them for true results in my personal Ford Five Hundred. That was just done for a ball park idea originally. The sheet specs will do just fine for the interm week...

Is your world really that small?

First off, I never said anything about not liking the brand. Personally could care less. I don't buy into brand boners, never have, never will and this works in both negative and positive directions. What I don't respect is lying, cheating, hiding, scamming and the like. My intentions are very simple. To call out any bullshit that happens in front of me so things are exposed for what they are. Please feel free to do that to me as I encourage that sort of openess out of everyone. Needless to say as the voice of Skar you are regularly hide, cheat, and misrepresent. Obviously I won't do business with you and would encourage everyone else to stop as well, unless you choose to straighten up and actually run your business like you care about your customers and stop the BS. i realize you see this as me embarrassing you again, but reap what you sow. I couldn't type anything if you weren't the one posting the junk that made this all possible. It truly is really simple. Either state the facts and back them up, or don't state stuff. Welcome to the world of internet business. You get to choose your destiny.

One other clarification. I was NOT told I couldn't post in the Skar section. Surely can. Still have mod powers there. I was asked, because of your wee little man hood, if I would avoid posting in your section as a favor. My response was to say, sure, but that means I won't post in ANY non-topic section. Since then I've violated my own promise less than a couple times, but they were pretty off topic posts anyways.

Your "clearly" is confused. There are no honest manufacturers on this board that have beef with me. They may not prefer that I wear my opinion out in public, but guess what, this is a forum.

The most amusing thing is that you see me as trying to stir up problems. Not my goal. I have no gain nor intent for that purpose. Obviously you see it that way since a very informative and innocent question you take in a defensive manner because you are hiding something. Stop acting like a child and instead act like a company representative and you wouldn't at all see my posts that way. My responses have sold more gear for other manufacturers than you'll ever sell total, but that's right you know better. ROFL.

Oh, and why do you think I'd personally give a shit whether Skar is doing "quite well"? Need to puff your chest up much? Pathetic.

The real numbers will be posted as soon as I am able to do so...I want to make sure they are properly clamped and I am in the middle of a move into a new warehouse. I am not going to clamp them for true results in my personal Ford Five Hundred. That was just done for a ball park idea originally. The sheet specs will do just fine for the interm week...

Mr. Kevin,

Can you please reply to my question sir.

And btw, all real measurements include uncertainty otherwise it isn't truly a measurement.

What worries me the most is that you obviously don't understand the uselessness of clamp results, especially how they relate to rated power specifications, or you do understand the difference and are perfectly happy to mislead your customer base into purchasing one of your products.

And before anyone else mentions it, yes companies like Sundown also report clamp results on their forum. But if you notice, Jacob is always very careful of how he words the information provided. He never refers to it as anything more than it is; his clamp results. I've never seen him use them as proof that his amps are underrated, or seen him refer to them as "actual higher numbers", real output, etc. People mistake them for that. But I've never seen Jacob represent them as such.

Skar, on the other hand, is apparently planning on releasing these clamp results as proof of their "actual higher numbers!" compared to rated power. It would be nearly impossible to find a more inaccurate description of clamp results. It would be even more difficult to find any reputable amplifier manufacturer who doesn't understand the usefulness (or lack thereof) of clamp results and who would mislabel them as "actual higher numbers!". It essentially puts Skar on equal footing with the Pyramids of the world.

The fact you consistently delete posts out of your forum that you either can't answer or won't answer is the complete opposite of the principles of this forum. The members here take great pride in the fact SSA is different from other forums because information isn't filtered. People are free to disagree and question without retaliation. Unfortunately, that ended when you got a subforum. Being a vendor on this forum, you not only represent Skar but you also represent SSA. Your actions not only reflect poorly upon yourself and your business, but also upon Mark, Aaron and the great members of this forum. The reason Skar catches so much shit is because of your consistent display of childish, unprofessional and unscrupulous actions along with a past that you can not deny is shady as hell. Your present actions under Skar don't seem to show that you've changed much over time. As Dr. Phil always says; the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I think you realize all of this to be true, you just don't give a shit and would rather carry on about your typical ways.

Well said. :fing34:

Good post Impious