Sign in to follow this  
maverickdog8@msn.com

Death Penalty 18s

My original plan of running 2 Crescendo BC3500d amps to my 2 Death Penalty 18s fell through. Now I am in need of an amp. What is everyone pushing to there Death Penaltys? I was wanting a strong amp that can do .5 or 2 ohm for burps and 4 ohm daily.

The reason my idea of the 2 fell through is because it was turning into a huge hassle to run 2 for burps and unhook 1 to run the single 1 daily. I seen wiring nightmare written all over it.

A 40.1 would be right at home on a pair of those DP 18's!

gotta pay to play and the IA40.1 @1 or even .5 is more than enough for DPs. They do well over 5k on 14v

You could still run the nendos

how much power are you wanting?

Digital Designs M4a :-)

why do you have for electrical?

Very important question... And yes look into the DD M4a ... Specs are rated around 12v so 14v would def be within your power range...

I was going to run a single Crescendo bc3500d daily at .5ohm and 2 of them 4 burps at 2ohm. so somewhere around there power wise.

Single 3500@.5 would make more power then 2 3500@2 strapped.

How do you figure the single 3500 at .5ohm would make more power than the 2 3500s at 2ohm? They strap at 2 ohm for 7k and get roughly 4300 at .5 ohm single.

I have a 200 amp alt, Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0 xs flex(going in whenever it shows up), and 6 agm batteries in the rear and 1 up front(all the same).

And yes the newest Death Penalties.

I'd do 3 runs personally.

strapped @2 each amp sees 1ohm, so it'll be a good bit more power, and you could go ultra retard on burp on .25 each amp lol

4k should be enough, don't you think ?

Don't focus on amp power, focus on the right box for your needs.

From my very little experience, I can tell you it's not really important to have a lot of power, unless you're an spl only kind of guy !

I had a BTL on 3000 w rms and I was not so happy with it. I went back with a 1500 w amp (still Sundown) and it was not less loud with it. I sold the saz 3000 w amp. Now I am waiting for a new enclosure. Ram designs worked on the...design and I'm waiting on my builder. I'm sure the difference will be way more noticeable than with the 3000 w amp.

Good luck.

Just wanted to add that I love the MTX 4000 TE amp : it looks good, and is small, easy to fit in a car.

I was talking burp.

I was going to run a single Crescendo bc3500d daily at .5ohm and 2 of them 4 burps at 2ohm. so somewhere around there power wise.

Single 3500@.5 would make more power then 2 3500@2 strapped.

I was talking burp.

Can you explain why?

One amp starting at .5 rising to say 1.5 ohm maybe a little lower.

Vs

2 amps at 1each rising to 3ohm each or higher.

If it it rises 1 ohm at .5 would it rise 1 ohm at 2 ohms? So 3 ohms bridged puts each amp at 1.5 ohms

Average rise is 3x nominal.

And no,if amps are strapped at 2ohm, it rises to 6ohm+

Edited by bassahaulic

that is for any sine wave regardless of frequency? Changing frequency wouldnt change the relationship between the two options?

that is for any sine wave regardless of frequency? Changing frequency wouldnt change the relationship between the two options?

I said it's an average.

Its always different based on enclosure, vehicle, woofer(s), and frequency.

I said it's an average.

Its always different based on enclosure, vehicle, woofer(s), and frequency.

ya but enclosure, vehicle, and woofers are constants in this example. I see that the 3x rule is an average, but it does deviate somewhat, and i was just wondering if it deviates the same amount for each option when frequency changes.

From what I've seen its always around 3x. Unless your real good with the enclosure to help eliminate rise.