Alright guys! Its time to upgrade to some new power. My 4k's are beast, but old and a bit out dated. So I thought I would change it up, talked to the guys at ESL and hooked up with some new amps!!:nod: So I ordered one up to see how it performs. And I plan to add a second one in the near future.:thumbsup:

So it arrived yesterday in the mail. But I had to wait all day to get to see it. But when I got home I was greeted with a nice V-Day surprise.

Overall quality and craftsmanship looks nice. Its different then just about every other 5k I have seen (layout wise) and all things look very stout! Large wire beefy power supply torrid's,huge output filters, 24 input FET's. This thing is a tank!

On to some pics.....

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Triple boxed FTW!!!

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Pretty basic stuff so far.

yeah i talked to them and they even set me up with a friend of the 1 of the owners for a sponsorship.. but the guy NOT the owner seemed to be very shady and seemed to know VERY little about product even to the point where he told me EVERY THING Everest makes is make in the USA.... and i called him out..

stating thats not true the amps are Korea , he basically said i was a fool. and he knew what he was talking about, and even tho he i was not one of the owners and WAS how ever a respective of them. and made me not want to me apart of there team,. sad too.. cause they look like they build a good product.

yeah i talked to them and they even set me up with a friend of the 1 of the owners for a sponsorship.. but the guy NOT the owner seemed to be very shady and seemed to know VERY little about product even to the point where he told me EVERY THING Everest makes is make in the USA.... and i called him out..

stating thats not true the amps are Korea , he basically said i was a fool. and he knew what he was talking about, and even tho he i was not one of the owners and WAS how ever a respective of them. and made me not want to me apart of there team,. sad too.. cause they look like they build a good product.

Do you remember his name? As far as "making" no they are assembled in Korea. But they are engineered in the US from my understanding. If its who I think it is I'm not sure why he would have told you that...But both guys are great guys to talk with from my experience.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

well it was not jon and it was not tony, neither one of the owners it was how ever a friend of there charlie or Charles , i have it all here in text. even went as far as to ask me if i seen there sub being wall socketed.. and i replied yes.. and he stated " not sure how many subs could do that none im sure " and i replied aahhhhhhhh sure about that?

no big deal i was just stating my experience.

i have heard that tony and jon are "no bullshit " kinda guys but. they never responded to me.. they sent my email along with my contact info to this guy and he called with with his wizardry of all knowing.

like i said they seem to have a good product, all about SPL. a few guys i know here locally are going to be running there entry level stuff.

This is the first I am hearing off this brand. Their amps look relatively small for their stated output. A few of their subs have crazy high qts.

How much was this amp?

I been in the 5k amp shopping market for a minute and this is one amp im considering. Even though i probably wont need a warranty, sadly to say Everest does not warranty any of there competition amps (5ks on up). Heard great things about these amps and the world records they broke in Nic Watts truck.

Edited by jay-cee

Pictures of inputs and guts please.

Pictures of inputs and guts please.

yes indeed, i looked all over while i was talking to them about teaming, and i found only 2 or 3 pics,

some good stills would be nice OP

This is the first I am hearing off this brand. Their amps look relatively small for their stated output. A few of their subs have crazy high qts.

Same here. I'm going to guess it's so they have a crazy huge peak in a ported enclosure.

I heard of this brand almost a year ago but they were in process of engineering and having their products moved into the US for inventory before marketing their name so everyone left them alone until they came screaming to the market.

Jon,

I personally have known Tony before he ever came out with their Line. He and John are very straight forward type of guys.

I am actually waiting to find out what's up with their 12K. Also, OP let's see some gut pics!! :popcorn:

more pics on this unit please

X2

Guts guts guts :D

From what I'm told it's similar to the Atomic 5k.

Hey guys...thanks for all the comments. I will answer everyone once I get to a computer. And I will post some guts for everyone as well.

I will say this, I have only seen one other 5k with a similar layout to this.

Stay tuned...

I'm tuned in.

Never heared about this brand.

Competition is hard on the car audio market !

Alright guys. Let me try and answer some questions...Everest Soundlabs is in the final stages of its release. They will be making a full debut shortly with the full line-up 3.5k,5k,and 10k. Also, they should have the subs ready as well. They are also in the works for more additions to the line already. But things have not been fully finalized as of yet, as far as I know. They did have a limited release last year to test some equipment and see how they performed. With that they went into production on the 5k's to start. As some of you may know Nick Watts has these amps and set a new record in IASCA at the start of the year. There are a few others running ESL equipment, but it is limited right now. But I can assure you they will be making some news here shortly.

As for similarities, I have not seen any other 5k with the same layout as this design. Internals appear very strong and should have no problem competing with others in its class. The guys at ESL engineered the amps to their specs. They are not US built as far as the amps, they are Korean.

And to try and answer some of the questions as to misconceptions given, at first people were able to speak directly to Tony or John. But since things are getting closer to release they have picked up dealers. So you may have been pushed to your regional dealer. Unfortunately it sounds like they may have been misinformed, which can happen. Hopefully they will get things straightened out so things like that don't happen in the future.

Pics coming shortly......

Edited by audioarsonal

I'll start easy...Don't want anyone to pre-ejaculate!LOL

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

Now let's crack the case open:evil5: What is this....

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Look at these power supply torrids!

IMG_0527.jpg

Thick ass wire!(secondary)

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Rail Caps...

IMG_0504.jpg

Output filters..

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Here is a DC 5k board for comparing

IMAG0676.jpg

The Everest board looks beefy... Then again I know nothing about amp boards. :P

Is it just me or do both the boards look exactly the same, minus the color of the circuit board?