but.. he kinda reminded me today that he does not work for everest.. hes a personal friend of theres.. and he was pretty much asked to meet with me and see if me and my install and my results in my current build are even worth there time. and investment,

and that i understand.

but i guess some where inside me i expect someone not to speak about things they dont know for fact.. speak truth or dont talk about it.....

but im an asshole too.

It's pretty bad when you start your business based on lies. It can only get worse, although one guy seems to be doing well even those his reputation has been skarred since day one. If it's cheap, people will buy it no matter what.

It's pretty bad when you start your business based on lies. It can only get worse, although one guy seems to be doing well even those his reputation has been skarred since day one. If it's cheap, people will buy it no matter what.

lol

when i pretty much said what you said about the bored, and the us made small parts he said . " made in the US look at the bored it says ESL on it "

Well, I can make a phone call in the AM and we can know for sure if it's made in the US, but I already know it's not.

Looks like every other Korean made amplifier. Are prices posted anywhere? Sounds like they are starting off terribly.

That's funny since those are not US caps. The only company in the US who makes most of the components that would be in this amp is National Semiconductor and I guarantee you none of their parts are in this amp.

They called a buildhouse, picked out a generic board and sink and had the BH engineers install components to meet their spec, and voila. Any of us can do it. You call up a company, tell them you want a 5K amp with .001% distortion at 4ohms that is stable to X ohms, draws X amount of current, etc. They build some protos, ship them to you, you test, agree or disagree, wait til they get everything right, pay them, and bam you have amps. You don't have to know a damn thing about amps, electronics or anything. All you need is money. It's pretty simple and has been done for quite some time, and some people have become quite popular doing this.

Which is why I always fail to see why everyone gets excited about a new amp re-brander coming to market.

Looks like every other Korean made amplifier. Are prices posted anywhere? Sounds like they are starting off terribly.

VERY hard to find pricing... but i was able to find this with some fancy foot work

http://www.everestsoundlabs.com/#/prices/4547014730

Because they are generally cheaper or just look different from the others, so people hop aboard.

VERY hard to find pricing... but i was able to find this with some fancy foot work

http://www.everestsoundlabs.com/#/prices/4547014730

the music is pretty pimp compared to other car audio sites.

For 1500, I'd rather pick up a IA40.1 which have been seen to 9k + on 16v

Because they are generally cheaper or just look different from the others, so people hop aboard.

TBH...Cheaper for the same shit = new customers. I mean, for a basic, quality product how can you turn that down?

I see what you did there.

Bigjon. Someone has given you some very false info. The amps ARE NOT built here in the US. They ARE engineered here in the US however. But the subs are us made and built...with the exception of a couple parts.

I will address the further when I'm near a computer. And try and clear up some of this confusion.

They are not engineered. Engineering involves designing something from scratch. This is a generic board and layout picked out from the buildhouse. The only "engineering done has been a schematic for components."

TBH...Cheaper for the same shit = new customers. I mean, for a basic, quality product how can you turn that down?

It's not 100% the same shit. Most people don't turn it down. That is the only reason some newer companies can survive. That is the only way a person who knows absolutely nothing about how their products work can sell them. Some people like to buy stuff from companies who have knowledge of their products, who design them themselves. They don't necessarily have to build them, but they know how they work, they know how to repair them, and they can diagnose a problem. That is the person I want to buy from, not the guy who is just selling something to make a buck and has no clue.

Bigjon. Someone has given you some very false info. The amps ARE NOT built here in the US. They ARE engineered here in the US however. But the subs are us made and built...with the exception of a couple parts.

I will address the further when I'm near a computer. And try and clear up some of this confusion.

Are you affiliated with the company?

im not confused.... im telling people what my contact with Everest sound labs told me.

NOTHING more.

NOTHING less.

i asked the questions,.... these are the answers

maybe you can start to see why i was offended as a consumer.. and felt like i was being seen as a fool........... and these are the kinda things that are being told to a potential team member

im not confused.... im telling people what my contact with Everest sound labs told me.

NOTHING more.

NOTHING less.

maybe you can start to see why i was offended as a consumer.. and felt like i was being seen as a fool........... and these are the kinda things that are being told to a potential team member

I never said you were confused. I said you were given very false information.

I do not know why they would say that. As it has never been stated, at least not to me, that any of the amps were US built. I understand your complaint as I too am simply a competitor. I felt that ESL had a good product and wanted to try them out. I have talked with both owners and the are very knowledgeable in the business. So I went with them.

If the amp is so "cookie cutter" then why is there no other 5k amp with the same design?

And yes you can engineer the circuitry in the US and have it built over seas. It is done with a lot of products all the time. To take and design a circuitry and have it produced is called engineering. I would agree that in its simplest form it is basically how you described."x watts,1% THD@4 ohm,etc...." But to implement it is another thing.

I am not trying to start any argument over who built it or were they had it built. I am simply showing everyone my new amp. I was not the one to bring up any of it. I simply wanted to clarify what I knew to be false. Unfortunately, BigJon was told wrong information and from that had a bad experience. I on the other hand did not.

Like I said I choose to run these amps. If you don't want to you don't have to. I think the design differs from any other brand out there. Is it some new "magic" amp that's some top secret technology? No, its simply a new company getting into the market. And I am always glad to see people supporting the sport.

Maybe if the owners could join up here, they could clear up some things.

NOTHING more.

NOTHING less.

I felt that ESL had a good product and wanted to try them out. I have talked with both owners and the are very knowledgeable in the business. So I went with them.

and thats how i felt, and what i tried to do.. but i was passed on to the guy that has givin the info i have relayed

this is not a personal atack ,.. to you or to ESL. i simply wanted to know about the equipment i was interested in.

as far as warranty .. i know of SPL amps that are sold with no warranty only a DOA guarantee

I'm not saying these are cookie cutter or cheap. I am simply stating how easy it is to "build" and sell amplifiers. This particular board is a generic board with a few tweaks for the company. Also, Jon has posted what he has been told by a company affiliate who obviously is misinformed or really has no idea what he is talking about. Why on earth would they direct a potential customer to a guy who is clueless? In fact, why would they re-direct him and not handle the questions themselves.

The online community is small and everyone knows everyone. If they don't, they can find out. I can easily pick up the phone, call one person and tell you every detail about this amplifier, where it was designed, built, etc. . We are a tight knit community here and like to protect each other. We don't want anyone skarred from a bad deal or getting screwed, so everyone looks out for everyone. Every one is skeptical at first. If they prove themselves, all the better with a good manufacturer in the community. If they pose no value, they are not needed. IMO, they've already shed a negative light on Jon, so that affects me negatively. It only takes one bad apple. . .