ShagggDiesel

Closet Flange for PVC Mounting

I've been steadily trying to find the best way to mount ordinary PVC pipe in a box. I looked at lowes and found these "Closet Flanges". They Fit on the inside or outside of the PVC (depending on size, in my case, the inside of a 4" pvc). The flanges have a, well.. flange on the outside with 4 screw holes that could be used for mounting. I think this would work perfectly, except when the flange is inserted into the pipe, it's about 1/8" thick and reduces the diamater of the end of the pipe to about 3.75". Is this enough to alter the affects of the port? The decrease in diameter is only about 1-1.5" long, then it flares back out to 4". What are you guys opinion? Here's a link to an example of the flange.

This thing.

I've actually used one of these for my 1508 box, it worked fine for me. I only used it temporary thought, until my port came in.

It didn't effect the tuning or have any massive port noise? I'll be putting 3 of these in a box.

If you have enough port area, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hahahaha all you need is a toilet & water now. Oh wait maybe some reading material as well. Just make sure its a solid PVC flange as the metal & PVC ones or the PVC with the outer ring that spins are not held together by much & could break loose very easy. Just sayn I'm a plumber ;) but nice idea over all

Hahahaha all you need is a toilet & water now. Oh wait maybe some reading material as well. Just make sure its a solid PVC flange as the metal & PVC ones or the PVC with the outer ring that spins are not held together by much & could break loose very easy. Just sayn I'm a plumber ;) but nice idea over all

I got the black plastic ones that have the spin ring. They seem pretty sturdy.. I'll probably be using washers with my screws to keep the screws from biting through the plastic. Also, what would be best to glue the flange inside the pipe? PVC glue? I have some Gorilla glue, but I was told that it wouldn't work for this situation..

If its ABS use ABS glue you can usually find a small can at Lowes & get a small primer as well should hold up fine if none there the local plumbing parts store will have it

I used PVC heavy duty cement and primer to put the pieces together. Then wrapped it with HVAC tape. Made a double baffle plate behind the port and used heavy duty 2 part epoxy. It wouldn't come out if I wanted it to.