no_username

fold down seats and subs facing you

Will folding down seats in my car make a noticable difference in the acoustics? Is there a bigvdifference in having subs face front vs facing rear fender?

Having your seats down will help by letting the sound into the cabin. Typically you should only face the subs into the cabin if you seal off the trunk, but all cars are different.

We can't answer this for you. The only way you can get an answer is to try it yourself.

I will

So dust cap should face rear fender? I hope not i wanna watch em. Will see on sound difference

Having experience with this type of build myself there are two ways to go about it. Have the subs rear facing if you are not sealing off the trunk. If you have them forward facing without sealing off the trunk you will experience cancellation. The benefit of sealing off the trunk is that there will be little to no trunk rattle, which also means less coloration to the sound due to vibrating panels. There is usually in increase in output in this configuration as well due to less cancellation (rear wave and forward wave separated).

The cons of sealing the trunk are damaging the vehicle, difficulty level, and the loss of the ability to shift the box around in case you need to get to something underneath or on the side. In my case I used spray foam to separate the cabin which I may not be able to remove entirely, but it's an older car that will be useless after I'm done with it anyway. If you do not get a complete seal you will experience cancellation so it is important that you seal it entirely if SPL is your goal (though I would consider this for SQ as well).

Facing rear = easy, less time consuming, decent results

Facing forward = Pain in the ass, great results.

It's up to you.

From my experience with my car I agree 100%.

Having experience with this type of build myself there are two ways to go about it. Have the subs rear facing if you are not sealing off the trunk. If you have them forward facing without sealing off the trunk you will experience cancellation. The benefit of sealing off the trunk is that there will be little to no trunk rattle, which also means less coloration to the sound due to vibrating panels. There is usually in increase in output in this configuration as well due to less cancellation (rear wave and forward wave separated).

The cons of sealing the trunk are damaging the vehicle, difficulty level, and the loss of the ability to shift the box around in case you need to get to something underneath or on the side. In my case I used spray foam to separate the cabin which I may not be able to remove entirely, but it's an older car that will be useless after I'm done with it anyway. If you do not get a complete seal you will experience cancellation so it is important that you seal it entirely if SPL is your goal (though I would consider this for SQ as well).

Facing rear = easy, less time consuming, decent results

Facing forward = Pain in the ass, great results.

It's up to you.

nicely said !

Faced my subs back seat down, back seat up, and forward not sealed. Not sealing it seemed to be no effect for me, proved to be louder than facing back. Trunk rattle was equally as loud and destructive to the car either way ;)

Due to cabin gain, I usually would point the subs towards the rear. :)