nicawatts

TEAM SSA HATED EXTREAM S10

Good stuff! Shits starting to break:D Does it not like doors open? I see you had the window's just cracked a bit.

And what happened to the sub this time? Surround blow out again or was it thermal failure? Seems the ZCON's are beast in your ride for sure!

one door open is best and 2 windows down i just had the window up so the hat wouldnt just blow out . the pass window was down wife doin hairtrick and recording. not sure what happened yet but it was flopping real bad . Im thinking the tripple joint broke. they were hot enough to pull your hand off so heat had a huge roll in it. 4300 and the vid was 2.5 min and that soung was 26 -34hrts.waka floka no hands slowed.

lol I tried paper and it was a joke riped and blew 20ft from the truck. 20 once bottle was cool as hell. them guys/ girls were amazed . it was like a rock concert with groups of people around us .

I did 5-6 runs like that and longer just killin it amps stayed cool voltage 12.8 and higher putting stupid power on these subs . wish I metered it before the sub broke . they were finaly broke in good . you could tell at the end of that vid it hit 12.2v lost a little presure that was like the 3rd time running it like that. batts got a little hot too.

Edited by nicwatts

Tough to say. 4th order's are known to tear subs up though. Usually like you had before,blowing surrounds, or at the TJ like you said. Looks violent for sure! My jeep falls on its face sealed up but loves the doors open. I don't play much slowed music. Decaf is usually what is playing in my ride. He doesn't do the slowed music just extended bass. I'm loving the 5k's though! May have to grab one more.:D

You here back from em yet?

Battle of the cities about 2000 people big hood show in tally,fl. my boy neill barber won it big I gotta trophy for best chevy ,dont have enough highs to even enter the hood shows but I took half the crowd with hairtricks,shirts, hats, bottles . they was like damn what you got in there? I was like SSA ,EVEREST bro you didnt know?=-)

Congrats! :)

yea john finally called me said they been busy moving shop. that they may get some 7.5s but he thinks I need more batts. beach ball ,ill have to try out. its not the 4th order , its double rated clamped power,lol . no one else is putting this much on them . well step was putting like 3900-4100 and broke a couple joints but they were fi's version with diff soft parts.

Battle of the cities about 2000 people big hood show in tally,fl. my boy neill barber won it big I gotta trophy for best chevy ,dont have enough highs to even enter the hood shows but I took half the crowd with hairtricks,shirts, hats, bottles . they was like damn what you got in there? I was like SSA ,EVEREST bro you didnt know?=-)

Congrats! smile.png

thanks aaron . you might have a hole lotta brothers callin you soon for some ssa'swub.png

Could be. But double power+4th is double the trouble....LOL

I think for 2 7k's you should be fine with 12 batteries. What kind are they?

I'm gonna be adding 8-10 d1000's to the 6 HC16v's I have now. Should see a nice little increase in power with that. May pick up a couple of the BM's for the girls ride too.

Congrats! smile.png

thanks aaron . you might have a hole lotta brothers callin you soon for some ssa'swub.png

That would be outstanding. :)

Personally I think you would see a nice gain switching out the Optima's for a battery better geared to your demands. The spiral cell design and internals of the battery limit its current supply in our application. I have personally seen several people gain considerably from a direct swap with fewer batteries.

Im putting serious thought into it . specially since optima is so stuck up. prices are scary though. I was thinking of trying the xp3000s

And now I must start the long proccess of getting to the very back sub=-(

I hear ya. I don't know how they can still charge what they do after all this time. The XP's seem to be a great deal. But they just dropped, so I haven't seen much real world results. However it is XS we are talking about.

And don't you have the removable top? That should make things cake for changing out the subs.

yea it comes off but theres a million 3'' screws in it . All fixed and beating once again. im gonna leave it be for a little while and work on my wifes honda civic trunk build with 1 zcon15 and a powerbass 5k hoping for a 50 sealed on dash . fingers crossed

yea it comes off but theres a million 3'' screws in it . All fixed and beating once again. im gonna leave it be for a little while and work on my wifes honda civic trunk build with 1 zcon15 and a powerbass 5k hoping for a 50 sealed on dash . fingers crossed

:peepwall:

you collecting those things?

Haven't been on here in a while .just droppin in to show what ive been up to. started working on these 2 s10s . still have the white one and the black honda. so far she did a sealed run at 147.3db on music 30 sec avrg ,with 1 zcon in the trunk on a pb 5k. but i got the blue s10 and you know I had to start on it . major construction and slow build on it. so far all american bass . two 10s ,four 6s , and 6 selenium st200s on a soundstream 640.4 . yellow top optima's x2 zcon 15 on a audio q 2200d at .7 . box shown in pic is not a final box will have a blowthrough soon.

lol, i love s10s and honda's . but s10s more and always wanted this exact truck. my wife got the gold one she said she wants to be louder.. =-)

lol, i love s10s and honda's . but s10s more and always wanted this exact truck. my wife got the gold one she said she wants to be louder.. =-)

haha i love hondas and s10s too... i LOVE the s10 extreme... always wanted that truck or the extreme blazer..