Moofs

Is this really all you have to do to add a 2nd bat?

after I did the big 3 I did a little test, first with the ground run and then without it then I also converted my ground run to a positive run! guess which test I stuck with?

I stuck with the third test!

So i initially started with the JUST a positive and negative run from front to back and my voltage held good I did suffer from lighting dimming though on a prolonged bass line on some songs.

From there I did the big 3 and my dimming issue was fixed but I still had under 13-12 volts when playing heavy bass lines and what not

Then I converted that ground to a positive run (added some fuses after words) and now I hold a great 13 + volts all day and I have no dimming at all!

for the big 3 I did it all in 1/0 awg wire and I also did all 3 steps, battery grounds, alt grounds, engine grounds, and I even ran a bigger positive run from alt to battery.

So a ground run could help depending on what is going on! heck just try it like I did and do as you see fit!

Stock alt, stock wiring, stock battery all ran my 1500w amp fine with pretty steady voltage. You don't really need another battery unless your pushing a lot of power or have a terrible charging system.

or your lights dim like a theater lol! and if they do some times the big 3 helps fix that!

Put the best agm type battery you can for a starting battery. They have a better ah output compared to a cheaper standard starting battery. :eek5wavey:

after I did the big 3 I did a little test, first with the ground run and then without it then I also converted my ground run to a positive run! guess which test I stuck with?

I stuck with the third test!

So i initially started with the JUST a positive and negative run from front to back and my voltage held good I did suffer from lighting dimming though on a prolonged bass line on some songs.

From there I did the big 3 and my dimming issue was fixed but I still had under 13-12 volts when playing heavy bass lines and what not

Then I converted that ground to a positive run (added some fuses after words) and now I hold a great 13 + volts all day and I have no dimming at all!

for the big 3 I did it all in 1/0 awg wire and I also did all 3 steps, battery grounds, alt grounds, engine grounds, and I even ran a bigger positive run from alt to battery.

So a ground run could help depending on what is going on! heck just try it like I did and do as you see fit!

I only grounded m engine block and to my front batter then ran the + wire back straight off my alt and my voltage is much better.

I can get you a juicebox battery for a great price with free shipping

I can get you a juicebox battery for a great price with free shipping

You didnt answer his question. :drink40:

There are plenty of threads on adding extra batteries,how to wire them,& other details all you have to do is search

Edited by Green4Gold