Sign in to follow this  
no_username

Is this a good ground spot???

Ok so the blk plate is a metal piece for my back seats and bolts into the gray metal part of my cars body. the bolt goes touches both metal spots so can i ground on top of the black plate?

(i will sand the paint off of course if i can use it)

mmswfq.jpg

If there a seat stud or bolt that is a good place to ground. :eek5wavey

That looks good.

Generally you don't want to ground to a piece of metal that has to bolt to another piece of metal to become part of the car's body. You don't know how well the two pieces are connected, they might have rather poor conductivity between them.

If you don't have a frame, try to avoid grounding to pieces that are connected to other areas of the car by seams/bolts/etc. If you have to, ground to a location that is welded rather than bolted. More times than not, you will have to drill your own hole for the ground. Seat bolts are often poor grounding locations.

Is that a alex grey art piece?

why yes it is... lol

I have mine grounded to the seat bolt not saying it is great but I will be adding a ground soon enough when weather is a little better to work under the car... :peepwall:

I had some tiedown hooks in the bak of my car. I just swapped in a bolt and sanded the paint.

Try maybe pulling plastics to find a decent ground though. I found a ton when I was putting in deadener

grand am?? i would say the strut tower.