audioarsonal

6 15" Obsidian's and 10k......the rebuild!

On to the good stuff...So I knew it was gonna be some work to get these in. And its almost like a puzzle. Every piece needs to go in in certain order to make it all work. But, I was able to get one side in to give me an idea of what it would take....Let me say this, its not fun:( But I am pleased to say, "It does work!"

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

So sexy!!!!!

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Can we say tight....!

IMG_0605.jpg

Don't worry guys. This is just s test fit. There will be a little more clearance then what you see in the last pick. Plus I can turn the basket a bit to get some more distance between the two.

Is that an old Nintendo? w00t! Pokemon red version ftw. :P

Perhaps I missed it, are you painting the enclosure, or wrapping it with something? Looks good.

LOL...naw its an old gamboy!

As far as finish it will be a combination of vinyl and paint. I haven't decided which way, but it will either be paint inside with vinyl surround or vice versa.

Edited by audioarsonal

May be easier to cover the inside with vinyl, and paint the outside, but I think the other way would look better. :P

Great looking work.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to those LED's would you?

Alright...Success at last!:chuck: The weather has held out for me and I was able to get everything wired up. I bought some, what I thought to be 10ga, speaker wire off ebay. Now I knew I probably wouldn't get actual 10ga and I was prepared for something in the 12ga area. Shipping was fast from CA but the product sucked balls! It wasn't even 14ga wire! There is no way I was gonna try and pump 50-60A thru that thin ass shit! So I had to resort to modifying the little spring terminals on the subs. I don't know if you guys have seen them but they are TINY! I mean not even 3/16". So I took my uni-bit and drilled it out to accept 8 ga wire. Cause you know how hard it is to cram 2 pieces of wire in those bitches! It ended up working very nice, and I was able to use some of the cadance 8ga I got on one of the deal of the days.

Now mind you this is no easy treat fitting all these in. The two on top took me probably 15-20 min each(I was doing it alone) and the vertical ones were a bit of a treat to fit as well. But it all finally came together! I am very happy with the look and I can't wait to hear it:fappery: Once its done it should look pretty bad ass with the paint and CF I have in store:behindsofa:

So I bet you all wanna see???

th_VID_20120315_182506.jpg

Little video for you guys. Sucks a bit cause it was shot on my phone. But you can get an idea. Its gonna be nasty. I only have the 1 5k in now wired up at 1.3 and I'm only seeing about 1k tops at the moment with gains set low.

Edited by audioarsonal

looks scary!!!

That looked like alot of work. morepower1.gif

i think it was just about as much work fitting all those i there as it was building it! It sure didn't seem that tight when I designed it in my head???

It looked like a major PITA to install

It was a treat thats for sure. I'm just glad these subs aren't like my last ones. They were 40lbs and I had to put 2 upside down in my clamshell I use to have. It sucked ass so I could only imagine with as tight as it is, how hard it would be gettin them in.

nice build im tuned in

really like the "beauty" panels going in. whole build looks great

Thanks guys! Its all out right now until after this weekend. Then I will be doing the last piece along the bottom and glassing them. Then its almost done! Just need to do a little finish work and its on to covering/paint.

But my big problem is now wiring. I had things playing fine the other day. Yesterday I go to get things around and everything on my highs is fuxed! Narrowed it down to the crossover, so I ditched it. Luckily my old MTX has signal summing and 2/4 channel switch. So it will have to work for now. Still active just not as clean as it was mainly due to no BP on my mid's.

Oh well 2nd amp will be here saturday and will probably get installed at Lima.