KyleBrown

Brain storming for substage

Well the killer deal I was going to get on some warden 15s is looking pretty grim. I mean killer too.

So I need to make a new plan. roughly 10 cubes to work with if I build in the trunk

Absolute max width is 38, hieght is 18-19.

I will be using two atomic AT3000.1s so 6k + :)

So I was looking at 3 12s trunk walled (buying a second D6 12) but fitting the ports is an issue :(

But I'm thinking maybe 4 12s in a 4th? diamond says these sweet things only need 1.5 cubes ported per to be sexy, 1.25 will work as well. But I know nothing about designing and needed space for 4ths :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-DIAMOND-AUDIO-D612D4-12-1200W-Dual-4-Oh-CAR-SUBWOOFER-/170766868411#vi-content

found that :)

2 15s seem to be the best option.

so budget is pretty high(sarcasm) 500 bucks.

btw I'm running two D6 12s right now on a 1 3k with now issues. Ideas?

Obsidian audio 18s ;)

I highly doubt they'll take 3k each, this going to be for SBN, It got to be loud, I'm chasing number with this, plus max height is 18

so budget is pretty high(sarcasm) 500 bucks

Wow you weren't kidding when you said your lined up deal for the Wardens was killer.

How much time do you have for SBN? I'm assuming the S is for sound and the N is for nationals? SPL competition I also assume. Why I'm asking: with your budget that low, you're best bet is used woofers if you want them to "take 3k each". I don't know of that many woofers you're going to be able to get new that will take that much power at that price. But if you don't have a lot of time to find used woofers that are worth it.......

for that price range, and that goal, I would personally try to find two used 15" BTL's. The UFO magnet ones. You might be able to get them for that cheap....I doubt it though. $500 just isn't a whole lot. What score are you looking to get? You know how important installation and trial and error is right? You're going to need a lot, lot, lot of time playing around while chasing numbers.

Found it. Spring Break Nationals.

That's pretty damn soon.... best of luck.

Spring Break Nationals

I know the budget is super low lol. I was basically only paying for shipping. I might be able to up the price to 600, but that will take away from money in daytona. I still have to buy a D3100 and some more wire.

I know I could fit the 4 12s, but probably only ported and that wouldn't be optimal

Spring Break Nationals

I know the budget is super low lol. I was basically only paying for shipping. I might be able to up the price to 600, but that will take away from money in daytona. I still have to buy a D3100 and some more wire.

I know I could fit the 4 12s, but probably only ported and that wouldn't be optimal

If you don't know much about a 4th order bandpass, don't attempt to build one. You'll waste your time.

Take caution as many "professionals" that claim to know how to build a proper 4th order, don't.

I would try to contact some serious competitors ASAP and see if they are willing to help you. People on this board like:

Shizzzon (or how ever many damn Z's there are)

Ram_Designs (for box designs. He seems to have a good reputation around here)

As for woofers, I would suggest living on every place where you can buy used woofers. Forums. Ebay. Craiglist. Otherwise you will probably end up with less that optimal, or even decent, woofers for your goal

double post fail

Edited by Frostedflakejake

triple post fail

This update is killing me Mark

Edited by Frostedflakejake

yea I doubled posted, I'm not going to edit it either lol.

I'm looking at used of course lol. I most likely will not be building the box. I will assist, and probably have it designed. I got hurt pretty bad a while back so I'm limited on certain things I can do.

I could do subs up port to the cabin. Make two tunes :)

What major city are you closest to? I might start helping you search if you don't mind

So are you competing @ SBN, or you just want to be loud on demos? If your competing, what class? How experienced are you? There is a whole LOT of trial and error when competing, have you check other scores in the class you'll be in? Do you have somebody to assist? As stated before, there is a lot of time/effort/dinero to be had when competing.

I will compete @ SBN, rookie class 3 I believe

I run usaci, but sbn is isaci I believe?

Technically, there is no such thing as 'substage'. ;)

Don't hate denim dan smile.png

:P

I'm curious if those opti's would take the kinda power I'm going to throw at them.

I know the diamonds will.

Kyle. If you get to see that fool with the wardens you should spit in his face. If we can find another btl UFO motor I can either build, or I can glue in some factory recones. As far as the motor I have it will just be considered a temporary loan.

That would be sick. I'm sure I could find a second. I know the soft parts won't be cheap. But it'll nasty be as hell. I'm gonna shoot you a text

And I really didn't expect this from him. I thought he was a cool dude. I've texted him about 8 times now with no response

hahaha Kyle, i see you beat me to the Sundown Z V.2 post :P