Mark LaFountain

Forum Upgrade Bug Report

Javascript bloated side bar thingamajigger makes loading topics horrendously slow, an option to disable it would be nice. Spellcheck on Firefox 10.0.2 does not work.

Spell check is working now. Tittysprinkles.

Spell check is working now. Tittysprinkles.

runlaugh.gifrofl2.gif

This is how it looks for me... :(

Firefox and IE.

Looks normal if I log out.

Can't edit my posts too. And all my friends are gone.

That is wacky. Did you try logging out and clearing your cache?

Looks like you are in the mobile skin? And you lost all your friends because no one likes you!! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!! Anyways!!

This is how it looks to me... sad.png

I will look into this, I cannot recreate this issue in an browser, I am testing in 4 servers. IE, Safari, Chrome, FF.

What version FF are you using?

This is how it looks for me... sad.png

Firefox and IE.

The friends table was not effected during the upgrade, so I have no idea why you would have lost your friends, i'll look into this also..

This is how it looks for me... sad.png

Firefox and IE.

Your friends are showing on the left side bar of your profile. If you are reffering to the chat bar, try clearing your browser cache and refresh the page.

I pretty sure it's the skin. Last night I changed it a few times and today I can't go back to the basik one.

I can see the friends.

Guess the only thing is to way until you guys add themes, so I can change mine from "mobile".

Cleared cashe, cookies, multiple times log in/out. No difference.

Looks normal, if not logged in.

Latest version of FF

I pretty sure it's the skin. Last night I changed it a few times and today I can't go back to the basik one.

I can see the friends.

Guess the only thing is to way until you guys add themes, so I can change mine from "mobile".

Cleared cashe, cookies, multiple times log in/out. No difference.

Looks normal, if not logged in.

Latest version of FF

Ok, I changed you back, this will not be an issue after today, as I will get the themes/skins squared away.

The Chat not working in the Baisik Skin has now been fixed. It was the Google+1 fly out banner on the left of the screen, creating a .js error.

Working on more...

I cannot upload a photo to CLassifieds sections.... And it won't let me list without it?? I pick the file and when I click on the "Attach" button it loads for like 30-45 seconds then blanks out and shows nothing. I try to post but it says there is no image... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I cannot upload a photo to CLassifieds sections.... And it won't let me list without it?? I pick the file and when I click on the "Attach" button it loads for like 30-45 seconds then blanks out and shows nothing. I try to post but it says there is no image... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This might be due to image size upload limits.

I have raised the limits to 4000px x 4000px.

Please try again.

On the mobil skin, I go to new content to view threads and it always starts me at page 1. If I go through the main board index to the hop and go in that way it takes me to where I viewed last. Seems backward to me, but is that how it works now?

I cannot reply to a PM. The reply box is about one line high and when I click there to type, it does nothing.

Quick reply is not working for me either.

Now when I try to quote, quick reply, or just normally reply, I have to wait a couple minutes for it to load before I can type anything. Then it takes another few minutes to load the post.

I do not have this issue on the mobile version on my phone.

I have a ticket in with Invision now.

For those of us that never turn their computers off.. The autorefresh on the main page only works for a couple hours before it just stops refreshing on it's own.

I do not know the exact amount of time it does refresh before it stops but i do know it has stopped everyday so far.

And also, if more than one person posts in the same thread that is one of the top 5 in the auto-refresh section, it will make a duplicate in that section for each person.

Example-

thread #1

thread #2

thread #3

thread #4

thread #5

Now, if those were the top 5 threads.. if 3 people post in thread #5, this will happen-

thread #5

thread #5

thread #5

thread #1

thread #2

I have to hit refresh to get it to fix it..

And also.. While i was typing this out, if i start typing too fast for the forum to keep up, it automatically hits the "ENTER" key while typing.. annoying.

Using Firefox 10.0.1

Edited by shizzzon

And also, if more than one person posts in the same thread that is one of the top 5 in the auto-refresh section, it will make a duplicate in that section for each person. Example- thread #1 thread #2 thread #3 thread #4 thread #5 Now, if those were the top 5 threads.. if 3 people post in thread #5, this will happen- thread #5 thread #5 thread #5 thread #1 thread #2 I have to hit refresh to get it to fix it.. And also.. While i was typing this out, if i start typing too fast for the forum to keep up, it automatically hits the "ENTER" key while typing.. annoying. Using Firefox 10.0.1

Same issue on Chrome build 17.0.963.56 m

Here is a photo:

SSA_refresh_recent%2520topics....jpg

And also, if more than one person posts in the same thread that is one of the top 5 in the auto-refresh section, it will make a duplicate in that section for each person. Example- thread #1 thread #2 thread #3 thread #4 thread #5 Now, if those were the top 5 threads.. if 3 people post in thread #5, this will happen- thread #5 thread #5 thread #5 thread #1 thread #2 I have to hit refresh to get it to fix it.. And also.. While i was typing this out, if i start typing too fast for the forum to keep up, it automatically hits the "ENTER" key while typing.. annoying. Using Firefox 10.0.1
Same issue on Chrome build 17.0.963.56 m Here is a photo: SSA_refresh_recent%2520topics....jpg

I have noticed this issue as well. The only thing I can do about this is wait until the upgrade to this add on is released as it is over my coding skill set.

The page load issues, if you guys try the other skins, and the issues you are having doesn't happen in the other skins, then we know it is a coding issue with this skin.

I will try my best to stay on top of this and get all of these bugs fixed.

We want the SSA forum to be the best damn forum, period.

Thanks for helping out with the bug reports.

I don't have any issues with the mobile skin

Basik theme I have the same issues.

I was on mobile just a min ago.

I hit post a couple of times and it does not show that it posted. So I hit it again and again and it posted all of them, but how am I supposed to know that.  Android CyanogenMod 7.2.0

Reply and quote reply is just different. I cant really tell if this works or not. Seems to be a big lag and I dont think it is accepting my post when I hit post as quote. Running FireFox newest update

Is there a way to turn all of

< this

off in my settings. I have no use for any of that and it looks messy.

You guys are awesome and I love this forum so dont take this the wrong way, but I liked it better before.

I know I just need to play with it some more and get used to it so hopefully I will warm up to this over time.

Maybe it's just new and I need to get used to it, but I am not liking the upgrade at all so far.

Okay so I have hit reply 3 times and it does nothing!

4x