Mark LaFountain

Sneak Peak at the new GCON (Pics p5)

Well they're pucking sweet, when do we get a video of one playing? I want to see a little free air action!

I can see what I can do for you a little later on. How does free air on 1k sound?

Well they're pucking sweet, when do we get a video of one playing? I want to see a little free air action!

I can see what I can do for you a little later on. How does free air on 1k sound?

Don't give them any ideas. The idiots will be sending them back in stating, " I saw them take 1K freeair."

Don't give them any ideas. The idiots will be sending them back in stating, " I saw them take 1K freeair."

Good point. I just wanted to see the spiders jumpin' around, little excursion, little walk around of the sub, yada yada. ;)

Just got the new page up on the website. Information coming very very soon...

New pic's posted...

http://www.soundsolu...ation/gcon.html

Thanks for updating the website! Looks great! Can't wait for specs so I can have my box builder start buildin! :) Do you think a pair of gcon 12's in 6cu ft slot ported on 1000rms @ 28hz would be a good target?

-Jamie M.

They look great! Release date?

Just got the new page up on the website. Information coming very very soon...

New pic's posted...

http://www.soundsolu...ation/gcon.html

Thanks for updating the website! Looks great! Can't wait for specs so I can have my box builder start buildin! :) Do you think a pair of gcon 12's in 6cu ft slot ported on 1000rms @ 28hz would be a good target?

-Jamie M.

1k will be perfect, they are designed to be able to handle more fyi :). But 500/each will sound excellent.

They look great! Release date?

Soon, very soon. As you can see, we are getting the site updated and photos done to prepare.

I just noticed the link. Can't wait to see them in action.

awesome!

We are getting closer and closer to the new GCON 750W RMS Series Driver.  We have been referring to this driver up until now as the FCON as we were unsure what to call it officially.

We are going with GCON, becuase it's hits the "spot".

Here is a sneak peak at the motor. Sorry for the crappy cell phone shot, but this is all we are releasing at this time.  Please don't ask for more, they will come when we can get the professional photos done.

GCON-BACK-VIEW.JPG

is this sub suppose to be better than the Zcon ????

We are getting closer and closer to the new GCON 750W RMS Series Driver. We have been referring to this driver up until now as the FCON as we were unsure what to call it officially.

We are going with GCON, becuase it's hits the "spot".

Here is a sneak peak at the motor. Sorry for the crappy cell phone shot, but this is all we are releasing at this time. Please don't ask for more, they will come when we can get the professional photos done.

GCON-BACK-VIEW.JPG

It is WAY better than the Zcon in the sense that it's cheaper.

Assuming that is what you are talking about.. Otherwise, i'd suggest you read and read and read back over what you personally quoted as the potential answer lies within.

No. I'll let them reply with exactly where it'll fit in their line. The price is going to be amazing (compared to the zcon, lol), so keep that in mind with where it'll fit.

-Jamie M.

in performance

We are rating them at 750w RMS I do believe was the thought on them...

You are not sure what the wrms rating is on the driver you are selling?

We inched it up a few times, and the Gcon is not for sale yet. Pricing, wattage ratting and production specs are not officially released yet.

What changes are being made?

The motor design was changed several times, suspension switched twice, coil changed, surround changed, dust cap changed. The drivers you see in the pictures Mark just posted are production ready drivers. Same as with the Zcon, we are doing last minute things and finalizing everything up before listing them up on the SSA Store.

what? You mean you don't just slap an ssa sticker on it and call it yours?

in performance

Do you read, or is everything just given to you on a silver platter.

in performance

i wasn't asking you so please mind your business

Watch it children.

We are rating them at 750w RMS I do believe was the thought on them...

You are not sure what the wrms rating is on the driver you are selling?

We inched it up a few times, and the Gcon is not for sale yet. Pricing, wattage ratting and production specs are not officially released yet.

What changes are being made?

The motor design was changed several times, suspension switched twice, coil changed, surround changed, dust cap changed. The drivers you see in the pictures Mark just posted are production ready drivers. Same as with the Zcon, we are doing last minute things and finalizing everything up before listing them up on the SSA Store.

what? You mean you don't just slap an ssa sticker on it and call it yours?

Seriously? You guys have a say in your woofers instead of letting someone else make all the big boy decisions

:shrug:

in performance

i wasn't asking you so please mind your business

Whoahhh its a Fourm when you ask a question you ask everyone unless otherwise specified.

To clear things up before anymore problems brew, The Gcon is to feel the gap between the Dcon and the Icon as previously stated. You asked about performance and if it were better than the Zcon. To answer that with out knowing your goals would be misleading info. If your looking for a awsome sounding 750w rms driver than the Gcon may be better performing to you than the Zcon, however if your looking to throw but loads of power at it than the Zcon would be a better choice as that is not what the Gcon is designed for. I wouldnt say one is better performing than the other it is really dependant on your goals of the woofer setup ect.

I hope this helps you out. All this info was found in the thread and a quick browse through it would have answered all of your questions.

Hit the link and got all excited because of the "buy it now" button.. then was sad because that page wasn't found. :(

Glad to see some nice progression to sales!

Hit the link and got all excited because of the "buy it now" button.. then was sad because that page wasn't found. sad.png

Yeah, I almost wet my pants! I figured it was down cause soooo many people were clicking BUY IT NOW, but alas, it looks like it's not quite ready yet ;)

-Jamie M.