Quentin Jarrell

recone services, anyone interested?

If there is enough demand I will start offering recone services and spare parts. I have the newest version of SpeaD speaker design software so I can give accurate T/S parameters within about 5-10 percent error. So that you will have a general idea of what type enclosure to use. And I can even get all drivers, not just subwoofers put on the Klippel for a reasonable fee.

No pricing on parts or services as of yet, but they would be in reason maybe even a little cheaper than others out there. If I get enough responce from this post I will begin gathering parts, including baskets.

Would these be more off-the-shelf type parts, or would you (for example) be able to access custom coil winds or odd sizes?

I'm not in need of any services, but thought the answer might help others.

Open tooled parts just like all the other manufacturers use, cones, 12 spoke baskets, progressive spiders, ect.. If custom coils are wanted I can have Precission Econowind make whatever would be needed.

If there is a demand, I would have a standard list of parts listed with their coresponding specs, for example cone Sd and weight, spiders with their deflection and weight, ect.

I think the most helpful thing I can offer is T/S parameters which I don't think anyone else does.

I would love to have an alternative to PSI as long as you are using good softparts

gayhaaay1.gif

Like always I would guarntee my work. Spiders will loosen up a little but no I wouldn't expect to see a spider pack with 5 spiders bottom out by pushing the cone with your hand if that's what you are getting at.

I have a 15 that needs a recone. PSI said $160 to do it, I would rather be able to find the soft parts and do it myself.

I have a 15 that needs a recone. PSI said $160 to do it, I would rather be able to find the soft parts and do it myself.

the raw parts would more than likely not be a problem, however the cone and spider wouldn't be pre assembled to the coil because we couldn't line up the coil in the gap properly with out the motor and basket in hand.

Open tooled parts just like all the other manufacturers use, cones, 12 spoke baskets, progressive spiders, ect.. If custom coils are wanted I can have Precission Econowind make whatever would be needed.

If there is a demand, I would have a standard list of parts listed with their coresponding specs, for example cone Sd and weight, spiders with their deflection and weight, ect.

I think the most helpful thing I can offer is T/S parameters which I don't think anyone else does.

[removed pic]

This comes to mind tongue.png

Edited by Julian

I just want it reconed to sell. It was good to me for six years, needs to go to a new home fresh and reconed. I'd pay you to do it, but I don't want to go through PSI.

I know what you are talking about. But I don't slander other companies so lets keep it civil

I know what you are talking about. But I don't slander other companies so lets keep it civil

Right, wasn't trying to slander another company, just nice to have an alternative.

No, not at you Brutal, I was refering to Julian and his fiasco

Lol, I was like huh? Did I do that?

would you be able to get composite spiders, like the new ones DD uses. retain elasticity over long periods?

What about re-coning the 'abnormal' speakers like the Solobaric L7?

I want to retain the original cone and basket design but it needs new coils? I'd gladly send it off to get new soft parts, but kicker refuses to do it. They just charge xyz and send you a new one.

J

Any word?

J

not enough interest and I have other ventures that will be avaliable soon.