SpeakerBoy

Good low end extension from a comp set

My friend drives a Chrysler Sunfire, and is looking at replacing the door speakers, along with the speakers in the back deck; His budget is ~500, but has to cover a new radio, and both pairs of speakers. Due to him not wanting to purchase a sub right now, what would be a quality set to invest in? He listens to a lot of rock and alternative and is concerned about how well the new setup will handle the drums and guitars.

My friend drives a Chrysler Sunfire, and is looking at replacing the door speakers, along with the speakers in the back deck; His budget is ~500, but has to cover a new radio, and both pairs of speakers. Due to him not wanting to purchase a sub right now, what would be a quality set to invest in? He listens to a lot of rock and alternative and is concerned about how well the new setup will handle the drums and guitars.

Don't waste money on rear speakers, if he HAS to have them look for something cheaper. Try to find a set with a larger mid bass speaker for the front if possible? Is he not amping these?

Don't waste money on rear speakers, if he HAS to have them look for something cheaper. Try to find a set with a larger mid bass speaker for the front if possible? Is he not amping these?

also, sound deadening

Double post -_-

Edited by SpeakerBoy

We'll be using all factory locations; The front doors are 4x6's, how could we fit something better? This is supposed to be a basic install, so cutting his door isn't really an option.

Affordable deadening options?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

I got Spectrum Data Services...?

I'm just going to point out, Chrysler Sunfire? Pontiac sunfire has 4x6 in the front doors and sound horrible. i had a 97 cavalier 2 door in high school. the best thing i could ever find was a shallow depth set of 5.25s fit with a little bit of trimming to the door metal. it cleared the window by a quarter inch. I don't remember much about it because the car was over 4 years ago but off a basic pioneer radio, it didn't sound horrible with the 5.25s of the radio and a 10 sealed in the trunk. good luck with figuring something out without trimming anything.

Fit as large of a speaker as you can if your concerned about midbass.

Measure the depth from the sheet metal to the glass window down. Cut sheet metal, and fit larger driver? Use mdf to space the speaker out if it doesn't clear the glass.

$500, I'd keep the factory deck and add an amp and a comp set. Get ready to start cutting, only way to get LFE is to get a large (read 6.5") driver in the door and really deaden it.

He cannot afford a headunit, nor rears...even still used is probably his best bet.