CHRIS 323

help HIDs keep flickering

i bought some relay but they keep flickering c07f0678311073dc0bc33c910be14a13.jpg4050b5e73246f9c832377dcc94d3c30f.jpg

are you using a relay harness as well?

if not, get one smile.png

yes those in the pic are the relays

are you using a relay harness as well?

if not, get one smile.png

so you get a better idea 1f076b987f33bdb798552640dfe24d00.jpg

You need to get a relay that takes power directly from the battery.

something like this

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Kit-Wiring-Harness

the problem is that your jeep's stock sockets don't provide enough "power" for the ballast to keep the gas ignited. Its a problem on most newer chrysler vehicles. My cousin owns a shop where all he does is tint, hids, and vinyl work. This will help the longevity of your lights, your vehicles electrical and stop the annoying flicker.

You need to get a relay that takes power directly from the battery.

something like this

http://www.ddmtuning...-Wiring-Harness

the problem is that your jeep's stock sockets don't provide enough "power" for the ballast to keep the gas ignited. Its a problem on most newer chrysler vehicles. My cousin owns a shop where all he does is tint, hids, and vinyl work. This will help the longevity of your lights, your vehicles electrical and stop the annoying flicker.

thanks bro will it fit my HIDs cause i have the 9006 number HIDs ????

that will work for 35w ballast.

But DDM is garbage..... As a whole. They're the worst brand I've used, (5 total) that included cheap ebay kits. Shipping takes a month too.

But DDM is garbage..... As a whole. They're the worst brand I've used, (5 total) that included cheap ebay kits. Shipping takes a month too.

Which do you use/recommend? I have only had one issue with mine after 3yrs. I think moisture got in it and causes it to blow my fuse when I use one of the sides.

so do i wire the HIDs straight to the battery with a relay

I'm not sure with a 05 you need that box, I'll look into it a little.

Try disconnecting the box and wiring directly to the truck. See what happens.

And to the comment on DDM, you mention eBay as if that's where you got them from. Is it?

I'm not sure with a 05 you need that box, I'll look into it a little.

Try disconnecting the box and wiring directly to the truck. See what happens.

And to the comment on DDM, you mention eBay as if that's where you got them from. Is it?

i returned everything back the guy was busy today doing lambo doors he said the other option is to wire them straight to the battery with a relay if that works then ill be happy but b4 i go back on monday im going to try this

96231d0059e9a1261cbc24d45aa77e3b.jpg

Edited by CHRIS 323

snazzy...peepwall.gif

snazzy...peepwall.gif

heres another method 086e58be5671cea3b2ef446a0ea8971e.jpg90a01583d2d3f48aed9ff870274b2646.jpg

I bought direct from DDM, the shipped from china, which was not stated anywhere on the site... The wire for all the leads are undersized. They claim 12ga and 14ga which in all reality is more like 16-18. It seems ppl with older kits got better quality.

I randomly have one cracked bulb now. Been through two harnesses. The biggest difference is I'm using 55w ballast now vs 35w in the past. But there's honestly no excuse for this kind of shitty quality.

The ebay kind were ebay, ballast, wiring kit, bulbs, 35 shipped from cali lol. Only reason I had issues with them is the way I tried to wire the lights in the housing, and burned up a lead. I'm still using those ballast with no issues and diff color bulbs from the same company.