no_username

Amp wont turn on???

I have everything connected up but amp wont start up!!!???

Any advice...? Im going to sand the ground more see if that could be it and check the remote wires also.

Thanks

I have everything connected up but amp wont start up!!!???

Any advice...? Im going to sand the ground more see if that could be it and check the remote wires also.

Thanks

Did you blow the fuse when you were screwing around with the battery connected?

I put in a different one

In the amp, and the inline?

laugh.png

I thought you didn't have any more questions? Where did this come from? Just check your wiring. I have a itchy feeling the problem relies there. Also, with such a none constructed question, it will be hard to help you. Read over your question before posting, ask yourself if this is an understandable question, put yourself in somebody else's shoes and see if you would be able to get a legit answer.

For example:

Hi guys, I have another issue, need some trouble shooting steps to ensure my amps works. Could anybody assist. I have X amp, using X headunit in X vehcile. I have done X amount of things up to this point.

And before posting, please follow some basic, basic troubleshooting steps yourself by simply going over your own work more than twice. More times than not, it is simply something you missed. Like a blown fuse somewhere, or miss wiring, it could be anything. Hell even a loose remote wire could be the issue, or a simple master/slave switch on amp.

laugh.png

I thought you didn't have any more questions? Where did this come from? Just check your wiring. I have a itchy feeling the problem relies there. Also, with such a none constructed question, it will be hard to help you. Read over your question before posting, ask yourself if this is an understandable question, put yourself in somebody else's shoes and see if you would be able to get a legit answer.

For example:

Hi guys, I have another issue, need some trouble shooting steps to ensure my amps works. Could anybody assist. I have X amp, using X headunit in X vehcile. I have done X amount of things up to this point.

And before posting, please follow some basic, basic troubleshooting steps yourself by simply going over your own work more than twice. More times than not, it is simply something you missed. Like a blown fuse somewhere, or miss wiring, it could be anything. Hell even a loose remote wire could be the issue, or a simple master/slave switch on amp.

I hope it was from maybe not having sanded down the ground enough

Unless it's a rusty P.O.S. spot, that's probably NOT the case. You have a DMM right?

Ontop of what everyone has already said, check to see if you have voltage in the remote turn on wire for the amp

Omg lol found my problem!! I had my remote from the amp plugged into the wrong wire from my hu adapter :D Got that fixed and plugged into my remote from hu

Got mofo power now!!!

Got another delma. The subs are hardly hitting? l played around with the gain and the crossovers and stuff but there not thumping... any idea?

You may have to have an experienced installer check out your work. You are having multiple issues that seem to go beyond your skill level. It would suck the shitter if you burnt your car to the ground. ninja.gif

Being out of phase means your woofers aren't firing at the same time which causes cancellation.

I do know when i pluged in my multimeter leads i set it to ac volts and it was reading like .334 around that

and that cannot be right

I do know when i pluged in my multimeter leads i set it to ac volts and it was reading like .334 around that

and that cannot be right

What are you trying to measure here?

and that cannot be right

Ugh damn... i dont think i have any pro audio shops around me. Unless you count bestbuy. Might have to dig in a bit more and see if i can pull one up

Ugh damn... i dont think i have any pro audio shops around me. Unless you count bestbuy. Might have to dig in a bit more and see if i can pull one up

and that cannot be right

the gain. I plugged my leads into the positive speaker terminal on amp and negative terminal

and that cannot be right

the gain. I plugged my leads into the positive speaker terminal on amp and negative terminal

If I may.. www.the12volt.com This site could help you out with your issues.

your not metering Ac .. your trying to check for DC voltage,

For remote/power wire he wants DC, but for speaker output he wants AC

For remote/power wire he wants DC, but for speaker output he wants AC

correct you are... thats what i get for not reading :D i thought we were still trying to figure out if hes getting power and ground