Sign in to follow this  
chainsaw

new phone ideas

I know almost nothing about phones and some of those commercials that show a guy walking past the apple iphone line and having a clearly superior phone has got me thinking. I'm eligible for an upgrade and have an Iphone 3gs right now. I love it and would like a similar device with newer features. I know a lot of phones out there are "iphone killers" at a fraction of the price. What should i get? AT&T has a lot of smartphones in the free to $19 range with an upgrade.

Here is whats interesting in my range and again I know nothing about them:

htc hd7s

htc inspire 4g

impusle 4g

lg thrill

samsung captive

samsung focus and focus flash

and thats about it if I stick to the $19 and under range.

Any insight would be helpful. thanx

anybody?

If you like the Iphone just wait and get the new one when it's released. They are solid and easy to use.

I personally couldn't live with something I could not tweak on so I will never have one.

I am waiting out my upgrade until the Tegra 3 quad cores are released. HTC has said that all their phones will have the bootloader unlocked so when they are out I will be all over one of theirs. If you like to play with ROMS and kernels don't get Moto, solid build quality but locked bootloaders.

The big mobile show is next week I believe so you should have a good idea of whats coming out in the next couple weeks.

When they hit the stores and what stores who knows?

No hd7 I hate mine. I'm actually looking at getting a new IPhone or going with that new Samsung one Note with that giant screen it has. Also I just realized you said HD7s. That's the one with the oled screen(I just have the hd7) the screen on the hd7s is best part about the phone, WP7 doesn't have much support for apps and stuff so we dont get many apps or we get them hella late.

Edited by Fearz

Well I may not be getting anything new. My wife asked me if I really need one. I don't, but for $0.01, why the hell not? I am on her mom's plan and we pay each month for our portion. My wife thinks I am done for spending the $36 upgrade fee. Apparently they don't use their upgrades for nicer phones, they hoard them for when the 5 year old phone you have breaks. Oh well

*edit "dumb" not "done"

If she's worried about $36, maybe your not in the position to be spending money right now.

We can afford it just fine. She just gets silly about spending money on things I want but don't need. I make it sound worse than it is. She just made the suggestion to not get it but said it was up to me.

Best advice I could ever give a young married man.....

Stop asking for permission! If you have a job and $36 do what you want

Then bring it home and show her what you have done. She wont leave you over it.

Don't take this the wrong way but the biggest mistake young men make when they get married is letting

The wife lead them around by the sack. If $36 don't take food off the table and

makes you happy, do it and wait out her pouting.

I have always said better to ask forgiveness than permission. 100% truth!

Best advice I could ever give a young married man.....

Stop asking for permission! If you have a job and $36 do what you want

Then bring it home and show her what you have done. She wont leave you over it.

Don't take this the wrong way but the biggest mistake young men make when they get married is letting

The wife lead them around by the sack. If $36 don't take food off the table and

makes you happy, do it and wait out her pouting.

I have always said better to ask forgiveness than permission. 100% truth!

I agree. We both try and keep each other informed on purchases over a few bucks though. Plus it would affect our bill and take away an upgrade that my mother in law or sister in laws may need. I asked my mother in law if anyone needed the upgrade and she told me to go for it. The wife and I are about to leave the house for lunch and go by walmart. Rumor has it the Samsung infuse is 1 penny there

Using the new phone right now. I'm digging it

Yep. Its the infuse. Pretty fast compared to my 3gs . Just getting used to android style but really liking it

It's different for everyone, i personally think Iphones are kind of boring, i like tinkering with settings etc etc.. So i'm an android fan all the way, so much customization.

Good choice btw! werd_msword.gif

Edited by RobClay