sps1989

Which 6.5" components?

I have DB drive S5 6.5" comps up front right now and my Sony coaxials went out in the back. So I was thinking on moving my DBs to the back and getting some more comps up front.

What comps would give me the best clarity for around $150 or less?

I have about 50 watts per channel right now but plan to upgrade my amp later.

i assume you dont have processing to go active or plan to do so in the future? what dont you like about your current speakers? have you done any sound deadening?

assuming you've done the most you could to optimize your current install then we can make you some recommendations. if you haven't then its best to stop now and readdress your current situation (so you dont waste any money)

--------------

pg rsd's use to be the budget choice. some sets can still be found on ebay.

the 6.5 set goes for 140 but the 6" set goes for only 100. the 6.5 would have some more midbass but i dont think its worth the extra 40 bucks.

i owned a set and they preformed pretty well for the money.

the set from Incriminator audio might be worth checking out as well. sold in the SSA store.

Edited by lithium

Definitely take lithium's advice, please give a bit more information, tons of choice in that price range and power range for speakers that are clear and efficient with power.

But, assuming correct deadening has been done, and it's a decent install, side by side in that price range, CDT, Polk, Kicker, Crescendo, really depends on what sound you like.

Do you like a brighter sound with a harder tweet, or something smoother with a silk dome tweet?

If you can find some used Hybrid Audio Imagines, (msrp 250), they will blow anything away anywhere near that price range.

I have deadened the doors and don't have any plans to go active. And I kinda prefer the silk tweets. Or should I just get some more coaxials for the back?

Edited by sps1989

were you happy with the db drives? if you could change something about them, what would you change?

I do like the DBs. They could be a little more clear. But overall I would they are good. I guess what I'm asking is what should I replace the back coaxials with? Maybe get another set of the DBs? I may do that. Thanks for the help guys. Yall have gave me more to think about in choosing speakers. I need to figure out what exactly I what first.

I do like the DBs. They could be a little more clear. But overall I would they are good. I guess what I'm asking is what should I replace the back coaxials with? Maybe get another set of the DBs? I may do that. Thanks for the help guys. Yall have gave me more to think about in choosing speakers. I need to figure out what exactly I what first.

not sure i understand, why do you need speakers in the rear? if you looking to increase output then just amp the fronts with decent power. Rears in most cases do nothing acoustically beneficially.

a properly installed front stage should still sound adequate to passengers in the rear.

I like to hear the music behind me. I don't know why but I think its sounds better when its balanced all the around the truck

A truck is ideal for a front stage only, put that extra money into the fronts and you'll feel like this every time you ride in it. dancingsmilie.gif

if you were willing to spend more, i would say image dynamics cxs62 v. 2 6.5 components. i have them in my car up front powered by a sundown sax 125.2. shit is soooo clear and loud when i play music. they are amazing

Edited by Ethan

I will be willing to part with my ia components, shoot a pm if your interested.

I will be willing to part with my ia components, shoot a pm if your interested.

What will you be going with if you don't mind me asking ??

I shall be going with crescendos mp6 pro audio drivers with 4 soft dome tweets.

I shall be going with crescendos mp6 pro audio drivers with 4 soft dome tweets.

oh ... ok ... just asking

no reason, was just asking ...

Thanks bro ...

Oh, kinda sounded like that was a bad choice. Well I'm trying to get loud!! I thought pa was a good choice

thought i showed you a good choice ... thats all

but thats for another thread ...

Sorry op for thread jacking

Edited by Cablguy184

i have noticed that my dbs have kind of a buzzing or pac man (waga waga waga) sound when there is just talking with no music playing. like commercials. is that normal or is there something i can do to fix it?

Thanks ill check it out. And its weird cuz only the front speakers are doing it. The backs are fine. I found some more Sonys that I had in another vehicle to use. And its not really a buzzing. Its only audible when there is plain talking. Hopefully that link will help

Could be a rattle against something and you can only hear it because the voices don't filll the sound spectrum and cover it like music does.

Edited by Dangrebel

i changed some things and now only the passenger side speaker is making the sound. the tweeter is fine just the speaker. could it be the crossover? i havent tried switching the drivers with the passenger one yet.

ill do alpine kicker pioneer kenwood they all sound good for $150 or less

i changed some things and now only the passenger side speaker is making the sound. the tweeter is fine just the speaker. could it be the crossover? i havent tried switching the drivers with the passenger one yet.

check the wiring for breaks or cuts. could be grounding out somewhere. or grounding on the speaker basket.