Sign in to follow this  
Thekid5678

Where are the lows?

Topic says is.. I'm still running a Fi ssd 15 and a Sundown sae-1200d.. I know I'm not giving a lot of detail here, but should this setup hit the lows like in the song " White Girl " ? If so do I need a new box tuned to a lower hz?

To answer your question, the lows are beneath the highs.

If you know your not giving a lot of details, why post? Seriously, You need to provide a little bit more to help you.

1. How big is your current enclosure?

2. What is your current enclosure tuned to?

3. What vehicle is this in? If sedan, is it in trunk, is it sealed off?

Also, you do know that you can't really "hear" the lows right? The "lows" only creates sound waves that will "flex" panels in your vehicle for lesser terms of ways to describe it.

If you would like more of the lower end, then yes, I would suggest you tuner lower.

1. The enclosure is a prefab memphis box.

2. From calculations it's tuned to around 37 Hz.

3. Integra Gsr Hatchback

4. I know the box is tuned way to high! Is there any Integra builders out there that wouldn't mind helping for a box design? I want to keep back seat's, But anything behind the rear seats in the hatch is fair game!

Can you post the specifications of your subwoofer box? I am going to guess this is the problem. The tuning isn't bad. I bet the port area is insufficient. What is your subsonic filter set at?

I'm using one of their boxes now and you won't get but so low with it. The port maybe 3.5" wide. Don't think it's 4. Doesn't bent.

Link: www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/accessories/enclosures-and-grills/

Edited by BlurredVision

I'm using one of their boxes now and you won't get but so low with it. The port maybe 3.5" wide. Don't think it's 4. Doesn't bent.

Link: www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/accessories/enclosures-and-grills/

The box is about 5-6 years old. And it does look just like the 15 box in that link, other than the fact that mine doesn't have the recessed area

Can you please go and measure it yourself and post back.

And also measure how much space you are will to sacrifice as well. So thats a total of TWO sets of measurements I would like for you to provide, one set for your current enclosure, and/or the space you would like to build a new one.

Just build or order a custom enclosure. I had an intergra for a daily driver for a while and we did a few different things with it. Subs and port up work great for us. I might even have a pic sitting around....

Edit found a pic of one of the setups we used...

img1286653940128.jpg

Edited by pro-rabbit

FYI, prefab boxes for mainstream subs rarely are ever tuned low enough to be ideal.

Secondly, White girl has no lows, lol.

Your definition of lows must be pretty high, hehe.

Ha lows, I thought he was talking 25hz and under. Definitely tune lower as in 30-32hz if you want some lows

Generally speaking not true, depending on the sub and airspace you can tune a box to 32 or lower and have an f3 well above tuning

And on the other hand you can tune certain set ups in the mid 30's and have a f3 in the low 30's

It just depends on the sub and airspace.

Generally speaking not true, depending on the sub and airspace you can tune a box to 32 or lower and have an f3 well above tuning

And on the other hand you can tune certain set ups in the mid 30's and have a f3 in the low 30's

It just depends on the sub and airspace.

If you are referring to open room environment. Once you place the enclosure in a car, the response curve drastically changes per the acoustical properties of the vehicle.

I hate prefab boxes cause their mostly always tuned high :/ 32 Hz ftw!