Sign in to follow this  
BTL15

BTL15 First (Re)Build Log

Hey guys it's spring break so it's time to start working on my truck again. For those that do not know I drive a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 5.9L Laramie SLT. It may be old but it's only got 45K miles on it. Anyway I plan on removing everything and rebuilding from the ground up. I will be using the same equipment and box, but I will make everything neater and more professional. Over this weeks break I plan on repainting my box, carpeting my amp rack and rear seat combo, installing SDS CLD Tiles, Plasti dipping all chrome and silver parts, along with either an exhaust install or new headlights and hids (or both). Along with these upgrades and installs I plan on adding plenty of additional add-ons to this setup over the next few months.

Lets begin with the original picture of the truck (this is just a pic. from online, but is the exact same truck as mine rims and all)

1999-Dodge-Ram-1500_07_a9f3783843312fb73cebd0f80ad9a3d5.jpg

The first thing I did was strip down all things inside of the truck to prepare the metal to be cleaned and covered in SDS CLD Tiles. All doors are exact reverse replicas so there is no need to show both sides.

Front doors

DSC_0863.jpg

Back Doors

DSC_0864.jpg

Floor

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

Back Wall

DSC_0869.jpg

Roof

DSC_0874.jpg

Pictures will be posted when I have the time to upload them so they may be a few days late.

Just a few more pictures I sent to Don at SDS and asked him to label where I should place each tile. Great fast response and I love how he wants the best for everyone by providing excellent services and products. Back to the pictures.

All photos are edited by Don to show future CLD Tiles locations.

Front Door

max4.jpg

Floor

max1.jpg

Back Wall

max2.jpg

Roof

max3.jpg

Nice truck. Now get'r done!

looks good

tuned in :popcorn:

Alright so I finally got the time to sit down and upload the pictures here. Just from tapping on the outer panels, I must say I'm impressed by how much of a difference so little makes. Just from putting down one tile I noticed a HUGE difference in sound. Now onto the pics.

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

And here's a few pictures with everything but the seats back in place.

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

Alright guys so it's time to post some more pictures. Heres some of the front and rear bumper along with the rims plasti dipped. I could have finished everything,but it began getting too cold and the spray was getting thick so i'll just finish the rest tomorrow. I gotta say this stuff is pretty nice; I love how if I don't like it I can just peel it right off. So far I'm loving the matte black look to it and VERY excited to see it when completely finished.

I completely forgot to take initial pictures, but luckily for me my mom is a picture nazi so I have some that she took.

2012-02-18_16-58-20_597.jpg

2012-02-18_16-25-57_831.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

DSC_0880.jpg

Looks great!!! What did you finish the enclosure with? looks nice man.. fing34.gif

Looks great!!! What did you finish the enclosure with? looks nice man.. fing34.gif

Idk it's been a while since I painted it, but I will be repainting it again so I will be able to let you know probably sometime tomorrow when I go and buy some more cans of it. I remember it was something from Advance Auto and I got the idea from exocontralto on youtube when he used it for one of his old builds.

Nice work so far !

Waiting for more pics !!

Ok so it's time for some more updates. From where I last posted I've finished all plasti dipping along with the install of my new exhaust and I couldn't be happier with everything. If tomorrow is warm I will remove the box and repaint with the same paint as before ( Spatter Paint). Unfortunately I don't think I will have the time to carpet the amp rack/ seat, hopefully I can have this done soon though. Anyway lets get to the pictures.

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

I had a little extra plasti dip so i decided to do the wheel wells also and they look amazing.

DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0985.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

everything looks good so far, just hit the rear diff and what not with some love and it'll all look amazing man. love dual exhaust

Ok so it's time for some more updates. From where I last posted I've finished all plasti dipping along with the install of my new exhaust and I couldn't be happier with everything. If tomorrow is warm I will remove the box and repaint with the same paint as before ( Spatter Paint). Unfortunately I don't think I will have the time to carpet the amp rack/ seat, hopefully I can have this done soon though. Anyway lets get to the pictures.

very good work.!!! more info on the "splatter paint" ... PLEASE

very good work.!!! more info on the "splatter paint" ... PLEASE

It's called Spatter Paint not splatter and I its made by dupli-color. I bought it from my local advance auto. I posted the video that I was talking about where EXO used it and gave me the idea below. I did exactly what he did and thought it looked great, I will clear coat mine next time I do it to protect it from chipping and flaking.