My friend just got a 01 golf gti and wants a straight SPL sub. I told him just run a 12 since he wants to keep some space.

What is a good all out SPL sub for daily loudness? His budget is $500. He doesn't care about sound. Also power will be off a 2k either dc or crescendo.

Edited by Fearz

Sundown Zv.3, SSA Zcon, Fi BTL N2, AA Mayhem just to name a few. DC Audio just dropped their XLm2 line as well.

That's what I came up with. I think the n2 may be to much don't they start at over $500.

2k for all out SPL?

I say go used, bump up in power :)

z3 or zcon would be good choices

I would not call the Z.3 an all out SPL sub. It will pound great in a daily setup too. Some guys think SPL subs sound like crap the Z.3 can sound good too.

For 2k burps : SA series from Sundown. They have been proven to kill all out SPL subs.

For 2K daily/burps : Z.3 from Sundown hands down.

Search around. There are multiple vids of a single SA's hitting +155db. There are also vids of single Z.3's hitting over 155db and doing over 150db on music. That is the difference when choosing the driver, long term power versus burping power goals.

He is getting rid of the car after summer for a Supra I'm trying to get him something he can move with him to the Supra. I totally forgot about the SA's . I'm trying to get him to wait for the nightshade v.3. I may have to get him into a Z then he just wont have that high rolled surround like me :)

Also this will only be daily. He doesn't compete.

Edited by Fearz

2k for all out SPL?

I say go used, bump up in power :)

z3 or zcon would be good choices

I think he is going the stock alt and big batt route especially since he is changing cars soon.

I'm hoping to sell him my 2k so I can upgrade.

Fi N3, DD Z, etc. if you want an extreme woofer. 2Kw isn't pure SPL, the SA should work fine.

Fi N3, DD Z, etc. if you want an extreme woofer. 2Kw isn't pure SPL, the SA should work fine.

He is not competing. This is his first real system. I don't trust him to watch the SA on the power and to smell if it gets hot.

Fi BL ?

Or 2 SA 10 ported ?

With $500 you can find a BTL N2, or quite any sub used.

many ppl here might not agree with me here but a kicker solo x 12 is a SPL MONSTER i had 2 solo x 10's and they didnt have much to any sq but DAMN they were loud. id go with the solo x if want purly spl...

Why does he want an "all out spl sub" if he doesn't compete and only has 2k on tap? Duran is the only person who listed strictly spl subs. ZCON, N2, Zv.3, etc are all spl subs that when properly setup can sound very good.

Why does he want an "all out spl sub" if he doesn't compete and only has 2k on tap? Duran is the only person who listed strictly spl subs. ZCON, N2, Zv.3, etc are all spl subs that when properly setup can sound very good.

I wouldn't call them SPL subs at all... IMO they are considered "High Output"... SPL is a one note wonder and that's it.

My zcons take 5k each and get louds as balls.

I wouldn't call them SPL subs at all... IMO they are considered "High Output"... SPL is a one note wonder and that's it.

Agreed, I could have worded that better.

He just wants to get stinky loud. Pretty simple. Pick pretty much any subwoofer that will handle the power you want to throw at it.

He just wants to get stinky loud. Pretty simple. Pick pretty much any subwoofer that will handle the power you want to throw at it.

^This people are making it harder than what it is, Zcon has been the flavor of the month lately.

I told him flip a coin. He has to get back to me.