Pretty simple question.

Anyone ever personally built and owned two 15s in a seales enclosure?

Im gonna be doin It soon probably and was wondering what your results were. My box design Is around 5 cubes after displacements.

They'll be two old style havoc 15s. And ill be running them on mg aq1200 until budget gets me a bigger amp or a diff box or set up.

Thanks

I build and owned a sealed enclosure at around 7 cubic feet for 2 SA 15''s on a SAZ-3000d at 2 ohms. I ran the set-up for about 2 months. It didn't have the output I was seeking so I installed aeroports.

I don't really know what else you were looking for.... but I hope I was useful in someway!

I was just curious as to other people's results with a sealed box on higher power with a decent sized box. Mine would be around 5 cubes sealed. I dont really have the space for two 15's ported. Maybe one. if i decide that i dont really like the sealed set up. But I've also only got an aq 1200 for right now. So i'm quite limited on power. But we'll see how it works out.

Thanks!!

I had 1 Fi Q 15 sealed once, it sounded great and got loud in my trunk, off only 600 watts. I liked sealed enclosures in trunks, not in the cabin...(Ive always had horrible results from sealed boxes in cabins)

Have my 15" Xcon sealed still in the trunk... LOUD as I can take ... Makes too much rattling... Was running off 500w and now running it at around 1800w ... Louder but I probably wasted money ... You live and learn

its goal dependent .. SQ or SPL.

i will say this....

some times.. a single sub say 1 15 in optiaml space done correctly will and can be louder then 2 15's crammed in a space choking them selfs...

i run 2 15's ... always have.. and i absolutely love shuttin boys down that have 6 L7 15's crammed in a trunk..

i will say this....

some times.. a single sub say 1 15 in optiaml space done correctly will and can be louder then 2 15's crammed in a space choking them selfs...

i run 2 15's ... always have.. and i absolutely love shuttin boys down that have 6 L7 15's crammed in a trunk..

Wonder if my sealed enclosure sounds soooo good cuz of the size... Slightly over the recommended SSA cubes... hmmm rockwoot.gif

i will say this....

Wonder if my sealed enclosure sounds soooo good cuz of the size... Slightly over the recommended SSA cubes... hmmm rockwoot.gif

To bigjon: Ive seen some kids at my school cut out a dual 10" sealed box hole to mount 12s, then take a big round drill bit and cut about a 2" circle in the sides and throw it in their car and think its the s**t2girls.gif

To Shogen: When I had my Fi Q 15 sealed, I had lower power so I had a 3.5 cube sealed box. And man did it sound good. I had 2 10s sealed before the 15 off the same amp, and the 15 just killed the 10s in how low it could go, sound quality, and output.

normally a slightly larger box will enable the sub to be moved with less power. and of course too big of a box would cause problems .. feeling free air rather then some kinda back pressure.

from my experience .. probably some book that proves me other wise.

lol @ holes randomly cut in boxes, i offten get into heated disscussions with shops that just cut a hole in a box... or put a random square port into a box and call it a ported box..

me " whats it tuned too.."

them " what ever man.. your amp decides to your bass level"

me " to a point but whats the box tuned to.. just cause it has a hole dont make it ported"

them" yeah man.. just matters how many.. "

me " kkkkaaaayyyyy"

even competitors at some shows.. bro you dont have any caps.. thats what you need a cap " mafaka i have 5 18 wheeler sealed cell AGM batteries.. and i need a cap?? " yeah man.. ill sell you mine.. its a 2.5 cap. it will make you louder.

lol @ holes randomly cut in boxes, i offten get into heated disscussions with shops that just cut a hole in a box... or put a random square port into a box and call it a ported box..

me " whats it tuned too.."

them " what ever man.. your amp decides to your bass level"

me " to a point but whats the box tuned to.. just cause it has a hole dont make it ported"

them" yeah man.. just matters how many.. "

me " kkkkaaaayyyyy"

even competitors at some shows.. bro you dont have any caps.. thats what you need a cap " mafaka i have 5 18 wheeler sealed cell AGM batteries.. and i need a cap?? " yeah man.. ill sell you mine.. its a 2.5 cap. it will make you louder.

Hahaha, I hate that. I sold my buddy this brand new but very crappy 15" sub, and I told him id give him my sealed box with it once I get the money from him. And I gave him the sub like 2 days before he gave me the money and he calls me saying it sounds like crap. I go to his house 2 days later and see he has it in the crappiest 1/2" particle board box with a crappy little 2"x3"x1"port and leaks like a gallon of milk with a shotgun blast through it. I just laughed, then he put the sub in the sealed box and was like oh wow that made a HUGE difference!! Then I stood on top of my sealed box and said "look how strong this is, go stand on yours" he stood on it and BOOM it collapsed. lol. And he also had a 10" with the random circle hole in the back of the box for a "port"

In 1998 I had a Jeep Cherokee that I had two JL Audio 15W1s (I could be mistaken on the series, because it was so long ago they don't even list them in the discontinued section). I ran them sealed with a Kicker ZR240. That was the first time I had ever seen window flex. I didn't even bridge the amp. I had stereo bass going on. But these days, I would just go with one modern ported woofer over older sealed subs if I was lacking room.

I'm not lacking space by any means for a sealed enclosure for two 15's. Would deff have a shit box ported for two 15's. But ported one 15 would be decent. I was just wondering about peoples experience with them in sealed boxes.

Thanks guys!!

And lmao at guys with whole saw holes in their boxes. I've seen my fair share. My best friend bought a box with two 12's in it. it had a 4 inch hole cut on both sides. He thought it was nice for a while. Then i told him to seal the ends. He put cardboard and duct tape over the holes. Made a world of difference. Now he's gonna make a whole new box. lmao.

i had 2 kicker 15s l7 on my fosgate t2500 got damn i was banging 2.5 cubic feet per sub sealed

I sold a Kicker L7 15" to a freind, and he put it in a 4-5 ft3 sealed box on 1200 w rms. It was so loud !! Never heared an L7 going so low. Not so clean on the lows, but loud AND low !

OP, Make a strong box, with enough bracings. you should be good to go !

I like the idea of one Icon or Xcon ported on 1200wrms