mickey95

2 sundown SA-15's, Hifonics HFI 1500d, Honda Crv

Everything looks great. I agree with Sean try try that amp before you up grade. smile.png

Do you guys have any suggestions for an amp and electrical upgrades? I'm on a budget

Aren't you using a HFI 1500D?

Do you guys have any suggestions for an amp and electrical upgrades? I'm on a budget

yes but i want an amp that will really push the sa's. I've had the hfi 1500 for a while now

yes but i want an amp that will really push the sa's. I've had the hfi 1500 for a while now

This....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800W-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AUDIOPIPE-1-CHANNEL-AQX-1800-1-/390337132522?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item5ae1e7f7ea

If you're on a budget try that. I have one on my SA-12's and it's the best amp I've ever owned. I have a couple of vids if you would like to see them.

I know people knock Audiopipe because it's cheap, but honestly that amp is solid. It has high quality RCA jacks and runs pretty cool on my stock electrical with only 4 gauge Knu wire. It stood up to the hottest summer in Central Texas history so I'd say it's plenty durable. Been running it at 1 ohm since the day I got it.

Box turned out pretty darn nice! Where are the subs and other equipment? There is a local CRV lowered on some rims and some other goodies, looks really clean.

Box turned out pretty darn nice! Where are the subs and other equipment? There is a local CRV lowered on some rims and some other goodies, looks really clean.

Thanks, much appreciated. I have 1 of the sundown Sa-15's and i have my amp but I'm struggling to get the money together for another 15. I have to sell my old re sxx 15 first

Thanks, much appreciated. I have 1 of the sundown Sa-15's and i have my amp but I'm struggling to get the money together for another 15. I have to sell my old re sxx 15 first

What condition is the sub in and how much do you want for it?

What condition is the sub in and how much do you want for it?

the subs in great condition, i've had it for about 6 months. Are you interested in it because i could post some pictures for you

hey guys, i know its been a while since i last posted but I'm almost finished with the install. I am having problems with voltage and i am not sure why. All the lights in my car dim and when the voltage drops too much the head unit cuts out. I have a run of 2 gauge running from the battery to hfi1500d in the back and a kinetic 1800 up front as my only battery. Also, no big 3. Any suggestions on how i should tackle this problem i feel like my system has much more potential.

It seems like you stated your own problems, it would be wise to do the big 3 in 1/0 wire and try to get a small battery for the rear area. Depending on your current alt size one battery may not be enough for your current draw.

very nice box for your 2nd one could have fooled me .... what rms are ur subs?i have a brutus 1200.1d on an ascendant 15 .i have that amp maxed and still need more power...u will get alot louder with a bigger amp and just remember those amps are rms rated at 14.4 volts.anything under that your not getting your full power from it,so try and keep up

get a better amp

hey guys, i know its been a while since i last posted but I'm almost finished with the install. I am having problems with voltage and i am not sure why. All the lights in my car dim and when the voltage drops too much the head unit cuts out. I have a run of 2 gauge running from the battery to hfi1500d in the back and a kinetic 1800 up front as my only battery. Also, no big 3. Any suggestions on how i should tackle this problem i feel like my system has much more potential.

i killed my alternator in my grand prix with my hifonics brutus 1200.1d on one yellow top under the hood talk to singer about an alt he has great customer service ,do the big three forsure .did you put in an aftermarket ground for your head unit (its good to do)..and remeber have really good grounds with approperiate gauge wire for your setup

I would check all your connections. Be sure all the ring terminals (or whatever you used) are secured and the wire doesn't wiggle around. Make sure to check all your grounding. All the ground surfaces should be clean of paint, rust, etc.

That is a 81Ah battery. Should be plenty strong for what you are doing. And if it is dropping so low your head unit is cutting off that is very low.

Have you put a voltmeter on it? Had the alternator tested? Where are your grounds located? What is your resting voltage? Charge voltage?

As stated, the big 3 should be your next step, done in at least the 2 gauge you're using for power.