So Today i was working on the kick pods in my truck, and pulled the 5-1/4s out that i'm running. I got them from a small audio shop locally, that deals in high end audio, and i've tried to research them, and i virtually can't find anything, and i'm impressed every single time i look at them, even though i own them.

And i thought you guys might like to see too! It is an Audio Development W500

Unfortunately, while trying to post the thread, i realized Picasa, which is what my phone can upload to super easy, Doesnt support the correct format to embed the images! angry2.gif

So here is a link to the album of the few pictures i took today!

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

I've seen threads about them on DIYMA but have zero knowledge about the products.

How do you like them?

I love them to death! i'm powering them with a bridged XM-5046, and i've got midbass like it's going out of style. truly incredible drivers, i went from an MB Quart qm130tx and i was afraid of any loss by moving, and not a single area do these drivers fall behind the old MB Quart, and in the midbass realm was about 10x better!

Browsing their catalog, they wreak of chinese buildhouse.

they do look kinda nice...

Just my opinion though. Now factual evidence to this.

dont worry tirefryr, they're not

I was told hand made in Italy, they sure have the quality of Italian anything, although no obvious indications of handmade..(maybe that's an italian thing?) Plus in the pictures you can see its got an italian flag badge on the magnets

dont worry tirefryr, they're not

I was told hand made in Italy, they sure have the quality of Italian anything, although no obvious indications of handmade..(maybe that's an italian thing?) Plus in the pictures you can see its got an italian flag badge on the magnets

I don't know anything one way or another, but I don't see the Italian flag on the motor being proof. I'm sure a Chineese buildhouse is capable of applying stickers.

Besides the mb quarts, what other drivers have you heard?

Going to post a build log with your kicks? Or perhaps I missed it? :P

Browsing their catalog, they wreak of chinese buildhouse.

I've always been surprised by the pricing I've seen for them based on appearance (and appearance only).

I'd be interested in seeing more details on the actual performance of the drivers.

True! i guess anyone is capable of putting stickers on,

wll unfortunately i've never heard ANY of the products available through the SSA store, so i couldnt give you anything in that realm, Aside from my MB Quarts, ive heard Cheap stuff like a buddy of mine ran Kicker KS600's in his truck, my mom has another pair of Quarts in the doors of her Astro, but has some Infinity Reference drivers in the rear. I had a friend with a set of $300 Morel's in his car, that kinda stuff. But nothing even came close to the Quarts I ran, let alone the AD's

No you didnt miss the Kickpod build, my stereo was done before i joined the forum here.

And i'd be glad to provide any info on the performance, as long as i'm capable of obtaining it! what would you wanna know Impious?

They look decent, but everyone knows how looks can be.

I promise guys, they're far better sounding then they look.

Looks good! I love the way my peerless looks, I can't stop staring at them either lol

found this. but not very readable however.

4911_2.jpg

Made in Italy!

Le: 0.8 mH

Re: 3.2 Ohm

Fs: 55 Hz

Qms: 4.22

Qts: 0.56

Vas: 4.45 Liter

Bl: 5.32

Frequenzbereich: 50-2500 Hz

Sd: 78.5 cm�

Xmax: 16 mm

Pmax: 100.0 W

dBSpl: 90 dB

Technische Merkmale:

- CONE: Fibreglass with rubber suspension.

- VOICE COIL: Pure copper wire on aluminium former (� 40 mm).

- BASKET: PPO chassis injected with fibreglass, in order to low down undesired distortions.

- DUST COVER: ABS, glued directly to the V/C former, with calibrated weight and dimensions in order to reachthe desired Mms.

This midwoofer is the answer to the request of a performing 5� able to follow the lesson of the prized W600: great power handling, perfect match with a tweeter for a 2 way system of extreme quality, but not forgetting the first target of an AD component: the Sound Quality.

This diameter, less considered than the 6.5�, has something to say , especially if installed in a closed box, or tuned, or in door mounting.

Phase and impedance curves are measured after 20 hours burn-in at 50 W RMS, so are the T / S parameters.

Edited by Julian

16mm xmax? holy shit.

I promise guys, they're awesome! I would absolutely believe 16mm of xmax, these drivers produce more midbass then my 10 produces at the same frequency. I really love these speakers

And i'd be glad to provide any info on the performance, as long as i'm capable of obtaining it! what would you wanna know Impious?

Don't worry, the data I would like to see wouldn't be anything you would be able to obtain :)

I would absolutely believe 16mm of xmax

I wouldn't. Even if they improperly stated it as 2-way instead of 1way, it would be a stretch.

geez.. what do you work for them!!?

Not at all, i know as much as you guys do

And i think your right impious, after i started thinking about it, i went out and did some watching, i would say 16 is definitely an exageration, they're ouput is just very surprising