Sign in to follow this  
JohnHinerman

SSD10's... my thoughts after a couple months

I ordered two SSD10 woofers back before xmas. I have them installed in a vented enclosure, and have now had a chance to listen to them daily for a couple of months. I just have to say that I have never been happier with any drivers I have owned. I have yet to find any music that gives these Fi's any problems. They do everything I've ever asked. Rap, Rock, Electronic, Country, Bass CD's... Everything I've played through them sounds great. They are loud, play low, are tight yet still boom when needed. Never do they distort, pop, overheat, or anything like that. I've used everything under the sun over the last 17 years, and by far these are my favorite subs I've owned. I was a little leary ordering woofers over the internet, never even seeing any of their products in real life. I liked what I read, and the construction, but never had a chance to hold or listen to one.

Just wanted to say that anyone who is looking for a woofer in the price range, you can't go wrong. They are actually a really good deal for the $194/ea that I paid. They are far better than any "brand name" driver you may see in the stores at similar prices. As soon as I open the box and picked this monster up, I knew it was a serious driver. Love em.. Think I am going to replace the Type R in my Eclipse come spring...

The only real suggestion that I could make would be to update the information on the website. The pictures no longer represent the subwoofer. There are now spacers between the motor structure and basket for cooling, and it seems as if the motor/magnet structure has been changed a bit also. The woofers are a larger magnet diameter and depth than are posted on the specs sheet on the Fi website. Although it may not be a big deal, in some situations when mounting space is limited, it could cause unexpected problems for the customer.

Edited by jdblya

Awesome! I loved my SSD's too. The website is currently being redone.

Great to hear as I have been looking at these because of their small ported capabilities. What's your box set-up?

Nice to hear another ssd owner who is happy. I have been running 2 12" ssd's in a ported box since 2008 and they still impress people. Hidden jem for the price.

Great to hear as I have been looking at these because of their small ported capabilities. What's your box set-up?

They are in a ported enclosure tuned to about 35hz.. Can't remember if it is 1.2 or 1.3 cuft per speaker, but somewhere right around there. I also have 1lb of poly fill per speaker.

Nice to hear another ssd owner who is happy. I have been running 2 12" ssd's in a ported box since 2008 and they still impress people. Hidden jem for the price.

They def are.. Love them....

Old thread, but just wanted to say how much I love mine too. I have an older model 12" ssd with "BP" power, D1, in a 2.5 cube 35hz box. Im running 2ohm on a AQ2200D and love it. I get a lot of people on demos who love the capabilities of this price range setup. It is really impressive, and some people who do not know much about car audio are shocked when I pop open the trunk, and all they see is one 12"!

Old thread, but just wanted to say how much I love mine too. I have an older model 12" ssd with "BP" power, D1, in a 2.5 cube 35hz box. Im running 2ohm on a AQ2200D and love it. I get a lot of people on demos who love the capabilities of this price range setup. It is really impressive, and some people who do not know much about car audio are shocked when I pop open the trunk, and all they see is one 12"!

Would you mind posting pics in a new thread with your impressions?

I agree. I love my 2 SSD 10's. I have 2200w (Crescendo bc2k) on the pair. They have a nice boom when needed & accurate otherwise. Awesome for the price & better than some "brand name" subs.

Would you mind posting pics in a new thread with your impressions?

Yeah man!! Give me until the weekend. My build isnt cleaned up yet since getting a new amp, but I will still take pics. Just dont freak at the wiring and amp just chillin, I don't always do that haha

Sign in to follow this