Angelboy863

Opinion on new sub stage?

Hey everyone i'd like to hear some opinions on what i want for my sub stage.

I want to get rockford fosgate. here are the options im thinking..

2 12" P3's sealed or ported?

1 15" T1 ported

2 10" T0's ported

1 10" T2 ported

Will be getting 1000rms to them.

I've asked all my friends and their opinions are scattered lol.

What do you guys think I should get?

I want good sound quality and loudness as well.. id go for more sound quality than loudness but if i can get loudness too that would be great.

Im leaning more towards the 1 15" t1 or p3s sealed but idk..

will be in a honda civic coupe, and in the trunk.

thanks again guys cant wait to hear some feedback.

im not familiar with any rf subs. any particular reason why your restricting yourself to just their subs?

whats your budget and available space?

Not that RF is a bad choice, but just curious in reasoning. Will you be buying retail?

its because im not familiar with rf that id like to try them.

no not retail i know some people that are willing to sell me some of their stuff.

budget on sub(s) is like $350 at most. thats excluding box and amp.

my income is coming as we speak so id have to save up to get these things, so im purchasing them one by one. im in the process of purchasing a sax100.4 maybe..

my available space is my trunk lol im willing to use the entire trunk, idk the measurements but i know its enough room for any of the above mentioned combination of subs.

Edited by Angelboy863

That 350 can go a long way. Hell thats almost how much I payed for an zcon. You should shop here on the SSA store for products would be my suggestion.

I know you have asked about r/f subs, I have used some of them, and in my opinion they get loud but at the expense of sq, especially ported.

Personally, with your goal, power and budget, I would have chosen 1 15'' icon ported over the listed sub/subs, period!

I know you have asked about r/f subs, I have used some of them, and in my opinion they get loud but at the expense of sq, especially ported.

Personally, with your goal, power and budget, I would have chosen 1 15'' icon ported over the listed sub/subs, period!

Agreed

hmm.. i will take that information under consideration. i have alot of thinking to do. thanks for input guys.

Coming from a previous owner of an Icon 15 who's also heard all the mentioned RF subs. The Icon hits really hard and has awesome sq as well. Do an Icon 15 ported in 3.5 cubes tuned to 34hz. You'll thank me later.

Edited by Jysoe

I've been underwhelmed with the last couple rf subs I've had. They were ok, but nothing amazing. For $350 I'd look at a fi Q, or an ssa icon 15 ported.

I've been underwhelmed with the last couple rf subs I've had. They were ok, but nothing amazing. For $350 I'd look at a fi Q, or an ssa icon 15 ported.

Great advice!

Holy fail thread.

None of the above. Can't help until you fix your goals. So far I understand you have a budget and what's been offered for that budget is FAR better in every respect than what you are looking at, but can't be sure what you need from what you've told us.