• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By musgrove
      I'm nearing the finish line in an installation that includes a new HU with FT/RT, FR/LT RR/RT RR/LT, and a SUB output, plus an unmarked, unidentified in the manual, RCA output on the back of the HU next to the SUB output.

I have a 5 channel amp that has Channels 1(white), 2(red), 3(white) and 4(red) marked clearly on the amp, plus a SUB RT(white) and SUB LFT(red) input, all input by RCA.
      The same amp has 4 sets of output terminals, 1 each for + & -. It also has 2 terminals for the sub (+ & -), which connects to the sub on R &L posts.

So, first question:
      How do I run a cable from the HU, which is 1 RCA connection, to the AMP, which has both LT and RT RCA input connections?

Second question:
      I also have the White, Grey, Green, Violet (+&-'s) hooked up from the HU to the wiring harness that goes to the speakers. The reason for this was that I have six speakers placements: 2 6.5" in the front doors, 2 6.5" in the rear doors. In the dash, I removed the tweeters that were in a plate and replaced them with Infinity Kappa20's midrange speakers that have bandpass crossovers that handle 550hz-7Mhz hooked up.

Just to confuse things more, The manual for the amp shows The channel 1 speaker attached to the channel 2 output terminals(+&-) and the channel 2 speaker (+&-) attached to the channel 1 terminals. Channels 3 and 4 are where I expect them, 3 & 4. And then again for the SUB it has + and - terminals to go to + & - posts on the SUB.

I've routed every plug in every location and checked each speaker, one by one by changing the fader/balance in different combinations to determine what's going on.

What I sense I'm doing wrong is that I'm wiring RCA cables with both RT/LT wires into the AMP to the HU when both only want a single signal cable each going into each jack. One single wire each that somehow is carrying both the Positive and Negative in it, versus a double speaker wire that goes into a positive/negative RCA male connector.

So that leaves the sub with one single output HU going to the AMP which has a R(white) and L(red) female connector. And then the 5th channel +&- going to the +&- on the SUB input.

The reason I have the HU output speaker wires (white,grey,green,violet) going to the speakers is because of the Dash Unit speakers. They're tapped into those 4 in the wiring harness where I can't get to them, but run from the HU from 4 wires to 6 different speakers). Again, the dash speakers are 2" Infinity midranges with bandpass crossovers connected to each which came with them. I just noticed they are 2.5 ohm, and everything else is 4 ohm, which is worrisome.

Is there a wiring genius out there that can understand what's going on and tell what I have wrong? There's also a whine coming from the front right dash speaker and possibly the right(passenger side) door speakers. I have the power cable far from the speaker wires on either sides of the vehicle. But I'm sure it has with the larger wiring issue at hand.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This is a crazy puzzle. Here's a diagram I made to make it more visual:

• By Alex Kadlec
      I really want one and am willing to pay anything reasonable, just give me a price!
    • By scud
      Hi everyone  please any help
      How do you wire 2 dual voice coil subs that are 2 ohms and i have a 2 channel amp ( http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-VIBE2102N-2-Channel-MOSFET-Amplifier/dp/B00BN7XQG4 )  i want to know how to wire them up to the amp at the 2 x 2400 Watts @ 2 Ohms RMS  i have come across this page http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_2ch.jpg%C2'> but does that mean that each sub is wired for 4 ohms. Any help maybe i am missing something or its something so simple but this is my first build and the subs are 2 12" Fi BT series and this is the only amp i have for now. If this amp is not adequate after help with the wiring i would love to know any good deals on amps that could power these subs any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By altoncustomtech
      Well, a midst everything else that's going on around here, subwoofer enclosure, engine replacement, four wheeler repairs (minor), and WORK, the components in my wife's van have all but completely given up the ghost.  I do have to say they hung in there for WAY longer than she, I or anyone else would have ever dreamed but everything wears out eventually.  They've gotten to the point where they will cut out at high volumes for a short period of time then come back on and it's any combination of the drivers that do it.  Just the one tweeter, or maybe both tweeters, or maybe both mids and the tweeters keep going, or sometimes it's a tweeter and a mid on one side or the other.  The point is that they're about shot, lol.  So, for any one of you who are married, were married, or at least in a long term committed relationship you know what I'm talking about when she walks up to you with that sweet look on her face and in a very sweet voice asks about how long it would take to do something for her, wanting the answer first.  Then she plays with her hair, and does all the cutest things possible while explaining that she would like to have that thing put at the top of the priority list.  All of us who've been there can see it coming a mile away and most of us know exactly what that answer is, lol.  That's where I found myself today.  First she started talking about all the trouble with the Hifonics components, then she started asking about the new ones, and now I've agreed to figure out how to get them put in as soon as possible with the least amount of down time (cuz she's gotta have her music when driving) possible.  Yay.....  LOL

So here I am, online looking for installation ideas and techniques, trying to figure out the best way to install these without taking forever.  Not an easy task with any set of components or speakers, but with this set, this woman, and this vehicle it's even more challenging.  

Here's a quick pick of the set when I had it out earlier taking some measurements and trying to get a good grasp on how the hell to go through with the install.

• Recent YouTube Posts