Terry Zona

2 sa12 port help needed please

i have 2 sa 12's the box is .75 mdf outside measured 40.75wX12tX20d. im looking for a tune of 35hz looking to do meca as well is been a while. where do tune need to be for headrest still tuned high or lower? whats the best way to change the port for competing? subs up port rear

If you want both daily sound and a setup optimized for a specific competition would be to build 2 boxes. Think about it. You wouldn't be carrying this second box everywhere you go, just to competitions. And your primary every day box will remain clean and unassuming.

If you are dead set on using one box, the build a box with an external pvc port, and find another pvc pipe that fits inside of it. Look up Blue Man Group's Drumbone for what I am talking about.

35 hz is fine for daily. I tend to run mine a hair lower, but it depends on your vehicle and the music you listen to.

You could do like I just did use a single 6" aero port. With your box size you could do a single 6" aero 10" long and that will tune you to 35Hz. Then you can buy some 6" pvc and make other lengths and just switch them out depending on if you want a higher or lower tune. The longer the port the lower the freq it will be tuned to. With a 20" deep box you can go as long as 14" on the port length which tunes it to 31hz

419813_10150634489105000_790294999_9419587_1257297065_n.jpg

Edited by rsfaze

what size is your box? where did you get the port from?

My box is 15x35x20. I picked up the port from Parts Express

your cubic feet is a little bigger than mine, so still 6"x10" for 35hz did you get a complete port or just the flairs? thanks for the help

your cubic feet is a little bigger than mine, so still 6"x10" for 35hz did you get a complete port or just the flairs? thanks for the help

My box is indeed just a bit bigger than yours but I checked your box with the port suggestions and it all comes out fine. The port comes with 2 flared ends and the tube itself.

Glad to help :)

wow this thing is huge! lol. on the port length above, is that tube or overall? what is 11" tube tune to? (starting point, the one that came with it)

The flares are 4" each, and they incase 1" of the tube per flare. So if you had a tube that was 10" long, you would lose 2" from the flares, but add 8" for the flares length, so you would end up with a 16" long port flare to flare. God I hope I said that right I am not the best at math. :P