helotr3vor

* Trevor's 2010 Audi A4 Trunk Build. Sundown. Fi. *

Just got a new car so its time for the new build. I now have a 2010 Audi A4 Premium and craving to put a sub in the trunk. First off, here is the car..

YFCbm.jpg

q4AVc.jpg

I plan on getting a Fi Q 12d2 with cooling and spider. Its going to have a ported box tuned to 32-33hz with a matching black/silver theme built by DonH. The box dimensions are 35x16x12in with the baffle on 35x16.

The sub will be wired parallel to a Sundown SAX-1200D. I plan on getting a refurbished one from db-r. Im going to be able to hide the amps in the sides of the trunk behind the panels. If I can hide all wires this can be a very clean semi stealth build.

As for electrical, I have 10ft of Stinger Hyperflex and but I'm still unsure if I'm going to do the Big 3. Ive heard some people say the stock electrical will handle 1200w without a problem but then again its always nice to have that extra voltage. Im going to have a Line In Converter to reroute the sundown amp to the stock amp then to the head unit. Now I know this isn't ideal but I've been told this is the best way to route the wires with keeping the stock head unit in this car. I'm open to suggestions on the best Line In Converter for my circumstance. Im going to have knu 4gauge power wire for the amp and knu speaker/rca wire.

I got the itch to get something done over the weekend and got the back cabin sound deadened. I had a few sheets of Damplifier Pro laying around and figured I'd put it to use. I still have 2 full sheets that I plan on putting on the trunk lid once I figure out how to get the panel off.

BDYgm.jpg

BF2Kj.jpg

U5iZo.jpg

eyHR4.jpg

Zjnwa.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Excited to get going with this new build log :)

~Trevor

Got the trunk deadened today. Still have 1sqft of damplifier left to use after everything is installed. I can put it in the spare tire well but I like how everywhere I put it so far has been completely hidden.

PyZ5Y.jpg

DoYOe.jpg

qu96U.jpg

P2Abp.jpg

Nice car! Tuned in.

Use a PAC sni-15 (loc) on the sub output of the factory amp. Then use a PAC LC-1 (bass knob) in line if the rca's to control the bass.

Unless you have sub control in the factory head unit. I know the bang and olufsen has sub control but I'm not sure of the base headunit option.

Use a PAC sni-15 (loc) on the sub output of the factory amp. Then use a PAC LC-1 (bass knob) in line if the rca's to control the bass.

Unless you have sub control in the factory head unit. I know the bang and olufsen has sub control but I'm not sure of the base headunit option.

Forgot to change the main post but I'm going to get the Audiocontrol LC2i. Ive heard from multiple sources including head shops that it is the best solution to adding a sub/amp to the factory head unit of an Audi A4 B8. Thanks for the mention though. ^.^

Edited by helotr3vor

damn... I wanted my first post on the forum, to be the first post on your log too >.<

The audiocontrol is a nice piece. However it uses a processor that uses an algorithm to create a series of harmonics to "level off" the bass. It's a great feature but even though bass is nondirectional the higher octave harmonics are. This means when your sub's are on axis the technology works great, but when your sub's are in your trunk for example, the results are greatly deminished.

Im not too sure of the going price for one, but this might be something to consider.

damn... I wanted my first post on the forum, to be the first post on your log too >.<

Haha those 2 barely beat u too it. Welcome fighter :). I wanted to order everything tonight but knu is out of 4gauge wire so they are delaying me morning.gif

nice car!! tuned in for sure

nice car

Hi Sencheezy welcome! Thanks. Just ordered everything late last night should get it in about a week.

Why not some 0 Ga wire to power this amp ? everybody uses 0 Ga, even if it's not necessary !

BTW nice car.

Why not some 0 Ga wire to power this amp ? everybody uses 0 Ga, even if it's not necessary

BTW nice car.

I actually did go with 1/0gauge knu fleks :P someone caught me before I ordered. Thanks welcome in :)

Not much of an update, just used the last sheet of damplifier pro I had laying around. Cut it into 3 sheets and put them in the spare tire well.

uzSRy.jpg

First order came in today! Got some wire from Knu and should be receiving my LC2i later today.

1/0gauge Knu Fleks

12gauge Karma SS

RCA Karma SS

1/0 Knu in-line fuse holder

Dont worry about the length my battery is in the trunk already :)

pA8L2.jpg

Going to be mounting the factory amp behind its original mount. And somehow mount the new amp where the factory amp used to be. Might be a little tricky but I should be able to find a way to make it work. If I cant, I can always mount the factory amp above the wheel well.

22Rcy.jpg

2QUS4.jpg

Thats it for now. Maybe I will route some wire tomorrow.

It's so nice when everything is already in the trunk.

Got my information wrong they split my order cause they had to get the LC2i from somewhere else. They shipped my 18ga wire that im using for power and remote on the LC2i. Along with 2 1/0 to 4ga input adapters that I hope will fit.

f7H6E.jpg

lookin good so far :)

Looking good Trevor. I finally got everything installed in my Jetta earlier today. Still gotta tune it, but it sounds good so far.

Nice car man. That Q's gonna sound good in there.

Thanks guys should lay some wire today in anticipation if I get around to it. Shouldnt be getting the next package till wednesday. Joker you making a build log for it? Grats man.

nice car trev... It's gonna be a nice clean build I can see alreadytrink40.gif

nice car trev... It's gonna be a nice clean build I can see alreadytrink40.gif

Thanks Shogen glad to have you trink40.gif